Author Topic: Shock Remake?  (Read 8850 times)

omni

• 68 Carbine
Shock Remake?
« on: April 01, 2013, 07:31:03 AM »
I have remade shock.  :o

I all textures have been aligned and it is ready for release, I dont know whether or not I am allowed to distribute it since effectively someone else created it but its here if you want it.

Didn't upload the map-file or bsp-file for the reasons stated above, if it is allowed to be released to the public then I will release it. Just say the word.

Some things have been changed because they didn't make sense the way they were mapped.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
Re: Shock Remake?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 07:57:03 AM »
Isn't this what the map committee is supposed to be doing?... but anyways i know they're busy people and mapping takes time and etc. but i really think this should be done to most maps.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 08:41:46 AM »
Doesn't really look like enough has changed to warrant a new release, to be honest.  It doesn't fix up the ugly lollipop trees or flat walls.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 08:45:01 AM »
Doesn't really look like enough has changed to warrant a new release, to be honest.  It doesn't fix up the ugly lollipop trees or flat walls.

It was really only just to fix textures etc. not the map itself; it's not my map so I didn't feel like I should have changed it dramatically just fixed things. Should have called it shock_fix

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 09:40:10 AM »
Please no mapname_fix file. Either get permission to fix/remake a map by the original mapper that serverowners can replace the original file with the new one or doesn't release the (useless) new file.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 09:56:09 AM »
Do we really need to get permission from people who dont play anymore, I'm against theft but changing a few stuff cant hurt anybody can it? If this is the case why do we have a committee of people to fix maps, or is this reserved just for the committee itself?

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:23 PM »
is there any need to remake shock?

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 01:55:06 PM »
is there any need to remake shock?
I think so personally; mainly because it is played a lot, as I said in an earlier post one of the things that makes a high-quality game- is high quality maps, shock is not high quality, therefore in my opinion yes it did need to be remade especially because it is one of the most played maps.

If one of the most popular maps does not need to be remade then what does?

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 02:30:28 PM »
Only thing I don't like is the raised up ground around the windows.  That isn't in the original and will change how people have to aim out of the windows. 

I have no problem with people re-texturing a map.  I don't have any problems with people modifying maps to create newish maps either.  But you are sorta right in the middle.  Either change/fix everything and release with new name, or retexture and release with same name (while giving credit to original mapper).

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 10:39:46 AM »
I like the old one better but I can't really tell the difference anyway except for the glass thingies.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 05:32:28 PM »
Nice job, Omni! I love the new textures! (maybe if you could, change the map a little too!) Speaking of the old shock, who made that map anyways?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 05:49:36 PM »
If you get the permission to change the map, FIX THAT. ;D

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 12:39:52 AM »
It's safe to say this map probably won't get released and it does not matter it took like an hour to make anyway :) with the new official map packs it shouldn't matter newbies don't see it and judge the game based on it,  and people who like it can still play the original so it works out well.

twilightsparkl

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 09:18:49 AM »
If you get the permission to change the map, FIX THAT. ;D

The lollipop trees serve a purpose as platforms, you cant change them to circular or pine trees.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 09:47:41 AM »
I understand you point but the map was only made to fix misaligned textures and bad grid work nothing else, I didn't want to change it because then it would be shock it would be my map that has shocks name instead. The reason the textures are different is because no matter how they are they look out place (in talking about the windows) So I wouldn't remove them no, but they are ugly for sure.