Author Topic: Time to stop talking about it and do it. The 2013 DP Paintball league  (Read 14933 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Time to stop talking about it and do it. The 2013 DP Paintball league
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2013, 06:48:33 PM »
I think if its an Euro vs an Euro they can play on an euro...

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
And Euro vs NA we have to play just on your servers? Sounds fair..

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
And Euro vs NA we have to play just on your servers? Sounds fair..

Man up. When Me and Shockwave used to play in those weekly EU tournaments nobody said: "yeah we'll do 1 map each!!" - It was a tourney run by euros, all on euro server. We still stomped every single game.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »
ROFL, these eu people talking about fairness. LOL they ping 110 and complain, my god i have a bigger disadvantage then any of you.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »
Remove Shockwave from Visceral eSports and add Riddick and Whaley. Thanks friend!

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 02:38:09 AM »
These weekends tournaments were 1 map only (if we mean the same tournament), which made it impossible to do eu-us server. But idc about servers, just wanted to point that out. If you choose a map as "yours" you should be able to win it even on US server (thats why when you do eu-us you usually play your map on their server), the only thing that matters is tie map. But we have to prove we are better than them so take it as a challenge! :P

Also, you might think about taking 1 or 2 extra teams in case one of the reigstred ones wont show up. I would suggest the first day to be some kind of confirmation day, where if one team didnt show up they would be disqualified and one of the extra teams would replace.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 02:53:46 PM »
No, i wont be here, and i dont.trust whaley or reaver to.show so we shouldnt get dq'd because im on vacation.....

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2013, 12:09:34 AM »
Yea, I should have probabaly added that the team would get disqualified only if they didnt show up without any explanation. Because I can recall many tournaments where teams (yea more than 1, once even half of them i think lol) didnt show up at all and nobody knew whats up with them.
If you let admins know before the first day starts, well then its ok and you just get 0 points.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2013, 07:34:02 PM »
The goal of the DPL is to get the side of DP I enjoy the most back going.  I don't have much fun in the pubs getting spawned killed and people basicly playing the game like it's death match.

The DPL will not be over governed with unenforceable rules.  It will also not be over complicated.

Week 1 matches will be announced on Monday.  You have until midnight the following Sunday to arrange your scheduled match and play it.  If by Saturday night you have been unable to reach the opposing team let me know!  I will make every effort to not penalize a team that wants to play and can't get their opponent to show up.

Teams and player rules for week one are Simple.  Show up with whoever you want!  The players that play week 1 are only eligible to play with the team they played with during week 1.   When week 2 comes around if you have added new players to your clan they are eligible to play as long as they haven't played a DPL match with other teams.   I want to build clan sizes, It's hard to put together a decent match right now because most clans hardly have any people in them.  Recruit new players!

The biggest rule of all! Don't be a douche bag.  I'm not going to police matches and disqualify people for calling names and various other childish crap.  I have a life.  Play the game they way it meant to be played.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2013, 07:35:28 PM »
The winning team is responsible for taking screen a screen shot of the final score of each map and posting it in that weeks "Official week #" post in this section.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2013, 10:08:54 PM »
Idk if this is the best time to run a tourney, people are busy with.school, work, uni ect. I really want to play/help but i wont be home for a month and a bit now, so i suggest waiting a month or two. BTW i lost 5.3 pounds. #starvation

Ps. A early congrats to myers and his team  :-)

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
Idk if this is the best time to run a tourney, people are busy with.school, work, uni ect. I really want to play/help but i wont be home for a month and a bit now, so i suggest waiting a month or two. BTW i lost 5.3 pounds. #starvation

Ps. A early congrats to myers and his team  :-)
well i think too that tourney must be held in june-july as schools are on summer vacation

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »
Bob and I will be playing as a two man. I'd like to request a medic be on hand in spec in case Bob falls into one of his chat spam seizures.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2013, 05:24:54 AM »
If this works out we will run another league in the summer chem

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2013, 12:01:13 PM »
Aight, sounds good.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2013, 11:48:09 AM »
Waiting on a response from one of our "Alternate teams" then I will try to get the official week 1 line up up tonight. 

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2013, 06:27:38 PM »
For week 1 all PBcup maps will be legal +

Wipa
Propaint
wobluda
Airtime + variations
Shazam + variations
Carpathian
Razzle
castle1
Daylight
and Midnight

If you would like to request a map to be included in week 2 you can private message me.  I'm not trying to play the Map nazi but some maps just are not suitable for matching.

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »
CR3 is out and being replaced by cT.   In the beginning of this thread I asked that people be apart of the solution, not the problem.   Signing up for a tournament then no showing is not a part of the solution...

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »

If you would like to request a map to be included in week 2 you can private message me.  I'm not trying to play the Map nazi but some maps just are not suitable for matching.

Am I allowed to request Wobluda be removed?

[cP]Pb2x

• Stingray
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2013, 07:20:22 PM »
I hate the fuggin map myself! However it's popular.