Author Topic: New Breed eSports Presents: 3v3 Prized Tournament  (Read 13854 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
New Breed eSports Presents: 3v3 Prized Tournament
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:48:27 PM »
New Breed eSports Presents:
3 versus 3 Prized Tournament
First place: 100$ per team
Second place: 50$ per team
Third place: 20$ per team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J2WygibglI

Some rules and scheduling is subject to change, please check back frequently to see any and all changes.

Teams:

1 ) New Breed eSports
2 ) Nostalgic
3 ) Cartoons
4 ) QeHs
5 ) ViaTeam
6 ) OxmoZe
7 ) XPN
8 ) sPec
9 ) cML
10 ) cReative
11 ) .iNite.
12 ) [-.-]
13 )
14 )
15 )
16 )

Map-list *Subject to slight change*
1) Carpathian
2) Pbcup_Pforest
3) Wobluda
4) Propaint1
5) Pbcup_Sassault
6) Shazam22
7) Pbcup_Renoir

Rules and Guidelines:

Date: Saturday May 11th, 2013  *Sorry Picky :P looked at wrong month hahah*

Time: 1:00pm EDT

IRC Channel: #nBTournaments

Servers: TBA - Hoping to get EU and NA servers. Help appreciated.

Teams: Teams can be a Dplogin roster or random players. Rosters can change up until the first match has started.

Tournament Type: 3 versus 3 -  Double Elimination

Tournament details:

- We would like participation of North Americans and Europeans, so we will be using both servers. You play your map on the opponents server, and theirs on yours. Tie map will be played on the server of the team that has attained more points in combination over the 2 maps.

- It is double elimination, and each round is best of 3.

- Each team chooses a map from the list of 7 maps, if a tie map is needed after the maps are played then the teams use the process of elimination of the remaining 5 maps to choose tie map. The team closer to the top of the bracket chooses their map first, and eliminates first in choosing tie map.

- Prizes are listed above and are per team, not per player.

- There is not a cap on teams. But we would like to get minimum 8 teams.

- All team captains should be online at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the tournament to sign in their team. Teams should have their entire roster online at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the tournament.

- Little mini-prizes for miscellaneous stuff such as videos/montages may be given out. Also trying to get it streamed so people can watch every game without spamming for passwords.

** Map-list may change a bit. We tried to pick the maps we've seen played the most since we started matching again. If people feel have some better suggestions, please message them to us on IRC rather than filling this thread with it. Thanks! **

We're running this because we feel a 1 day tournament is the best means of having some competition in DP2. The clanscene is not stable enough to have a league over the duration of a few weeks. Hopefully it works out, but as pb2x said about the league - it's up to everyone else to make it work.

More information may be added
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:48:22 AM by MyeRs »

nook!e

• PGP
Re: New Breed eSports Presents: 3v3 Prized Tournament
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:11:08 AM »
I'm in it if its Ok.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 02:13:54 AM »

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 05:05:34 AM »

Date: Saturday May 13th, 2013

Take a look at the calendar :)

And sign up .vT. Thäänks

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 05:10:27 AM »
..... Tie map will be played on the server of the team that has attained more points in combination over the 2 maps.
Am i right if i say its the same as "the team that wins by more points gets the tie server"?
Also, what if the points are tied? We win 24:23 and then we loose 49:50. I always wondered what would happen when we matched americans (never happened tho).

About the maplist, why using only 2 pbcups? :( Renoir and 2fort5 are great too, mainly i would love too see renoir added.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2013, 06:24:00 AM »
Renoir and 2fort5 are great too, mainly i would love too see renoir added.

Renoir: Good map, but many players have really low fps on mid. DT should do a remake without water.

2fort5: Just one way to the flags (the ramps), easy to camp and boring. Needs a remake too.

Remove wobluda and add sphouse.

Bangy

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2013, 07:37:22 AM »
We are in :). oXmoZe

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
QeHs will play.

Morphin

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 10:17:18 AM »
Remove wobluda and add sphouse.

NO!
On this map you have to take 50% of the time to search weapon, barrel, co2, ...
That does not make fun!
Ye you need more tactic then on wobluda but it does not make more fun.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
Thank you for all the participation thus far!

Proza: Map list can be changed still - but you have to realize the competitive scene is not large right now - and most of the current teams do not play those maps. We based it off what we have seen play. I personaly was against Shaz22, Propaint1, and Wobluda, but those maps are played. It's to give everyone an equal chance by getting maps people are used to. But I would like Renoir in there. Not so much pbcup2fort5 as it's got MANY gameplay problems.

Spain: Wobluda is played by almost every team right now, so it makes sense for it to be in. But Sphouse or Renoir may be added in for another map on the list.

Picky: lool looked at the wrong month on my phone when I put the date. It's the 11th, we wanted 2 weeks to be able to gather teams, contact server admins, and set up a bracket.

NOTE: If you're using your Dplogin clan, you do not need to mention which members. But it is assumed all members will be registered on Dplogin by the start of the first game. So please inform us if you're using someone who is not registered in your team. Also, your team decides how you'd like the prize split.

*** PLEASE READ - TIE MAP EU VS NA ***

This is just an idea as I have not ran it passed the others running this with me but how about this:

IF the total points are TIED after 2 maps (ie, both teams 50-10, both teams total 60 points) - the tie map goes to the region that has given this tournament the MOST participation. If only 8 teams participate, and 5 are NA - 3 are EU, the server would be NA in this situation. (This is ONLY when the pre-set means of choosing tie maps is also a tie).

I think it's a good idea, if more teams from a region help make this tournament possible, they should be rewarded. If it's an EVEN amount of teams from each region, we'll probably just find a website that can flip a coin and stream it.

Beppo

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:53 AM »

subir11

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 12:51:13 PM »
sign *cT* plz

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2013, 12:54:08 PM »
sign *cT* plz

They have already been signed up, please read the thread prior to posting. Nook!e and Senix already registered cT.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2013, 01:12:17 PM »
** NOTE: Rules could change slightly depending on number of teams that participate / show up. Early rounds might be single maps rather than bo3 if there is 16 teams. Still deciding - but again, it's all based off community participation. **

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2013, 01:37:36 PM »
*free agent

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 10:28:21 AM »
heh nice idea wish i had someone to play with. just give all the money to the winning team tho

HaRmonY

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 12:51:50 PM »
Updated the teams - Thanks for all participation! Hopefully everyone actually follows through and shows up.

Let's try to get 6 more teams for a 16 team bracket!

m435tr0

• PGP
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 05:05:56 PM »
sing up *cT*

m435tr0

• PGP
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 05:06:20 PM »
oh we are here xD