Author Topic: Xbox One vs Ps4?  (Read 5444 times)

deadfroggy

• Autococker
Xbox One vs Ps4?
« on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
I really want to know your thoughts on these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYMmeOF_DfE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Im sorta leaning towards xbox one. Only because i know more stuff about the xbox one on realese. Everyones hating on the xbox one because of how the console looks. I dont really care what it looks like. As long as the controllers easy to work with and it plays next gen games.  let me know what you think?

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: Xbox One vs Ps4?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 08:48:33 PM »
Sony always wins; free online gaming. Anywho, I'm not going to play console games anymore. Not enough time, so I'm not buying either.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:36:24 PM by Foxhound »

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 12:16:16 AM »
I think PS4 is better and as foxhound said sony wins. but xbox is better for racing games.(only) rest is ur choice :)

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 03:05:50 AM »
I don't play any games in console, except exclusives, and football games (soccer) I have both ps3 and 360 but rarely play my ps3 and less so my Xbox 360.

Firstly I think the new Xbox looks ugly buy I don't really care about that, in just worried about the way Microsoft is going with this.

Xbox One

TV integration - don't watch TV and and if I do it's on my phone/ pc where I spend most of time.

I think it could be really good intergrating Skype, also I rarely buy pre-owned games so I don't care so much about blocking them, however if I can't lend the and to my friend I don't think I will enjoy that very much.

Also considering TV isn't integrated into the Xbox at launch everywhere hit the USA I think there will e slow adoption rates, and if my friends don't have the console I dot think I'll buy it, also I only like one sport, and I pay enough for sky sports anyway. Also the Kinect has to be connected, I hate this gimmick; continue making it if you must but don't force me to use it, voice commands also get on my nerves, who is seriously to lazy to press one button on their remote to turn their console on infact it's easier to do.

PS4

This has got me more exited than the Xbox One but I still think ill be buying when the price drops. I really don't think there is much to say about this - I like the share button but only if its used correctly also the live stream and recordings seem cool but is this just going to allow for armature gamers and... 8 year old kids making more videos.

Also they are supporting indie games apparently so that would also tempt me.

The biggest thing for me though is the hardware specs, they are not great but at least the ps4 has pc like architecture this time so we should see better pc ports (yeah) There is nothing that blows me away though, at least I will be able to use my vita with it, right?

It all depends on exclusives as I said they are what gets me into the game, also if there is a fee for Xbox live I won't pay, I never have done unless there is enough games I want to play and that bar good online.

Somehow I think this will be the last generation of consoles unless they sell very well.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 03:56:50 AM »
I don't really watch tv either.

Skype i would use probably maybe once a fortnight.

sometimes 8 year old kids can do good videos and stuff its about 99% of them that cant. so thats annoying.

Im not a fan of indie developers. but some of them can do really good games. e.g. jitspoe ;)

The hardware specs are always usually the first thing i look at. They are practically the same in specs.
Ive heard a couple times xbox arent supposebly charging you for live now( on the xbox one).

There will be better console in future. Take the first mobile phone for example. it was like a massive brick. now look at your iphone 5. if you were in the era of the first mobile phone you wouldnt have thought of how it is now. so really these new consoles could be the starting point to a amazing new gaming experience. And you dont even know what they will be like in 20 years+.

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:08:46 AM »
PS4 > Xbox One

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »
There is one key difference between the console and the mobile industries. Consoles are in decline whereas mobiles are the new big thing. Also when I was talking about specs I'm saying that the next gen consoles are weaker than the current gen relative to the time of course. In other words when the ps3 and Xbox 360 came out they were just if not more powerful than the beat pc's now a top end pc is better than the ps4/ Xbox one.

It will be interesting to see what Sony do witht the GDDR5 memory though.

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »
PC Master Race.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »
Ah i understand now.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 07:43:13 AM »
PS4 > Xbox One

Ouya > PS4 > Xbox one

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 05:04:17 PM »
lol, are they seriously calling it the "XBox One"?  I thought you were comparing a first-gen XBox to a PS4.

Stupid console names stopped being popular after the "Wii".  Their marketing needs to catch up.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 07:38:22 AM »
I think the stupidest thing they decided to do was call it the xbox one. Everyone kept taking the piss out of the wii. ;)

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
the xbox one is crap compared to the ps4 not just as a standalone console but also when considering the changes made in relation to their predecessors. and im an xbox 360 owner.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 12:08:10 PM »
Sony always wins; free online gaming. Anywho, I'm not going to play console games anymore. Not enough time, so I'm not buying either.

Xbox will be free online with the new one I read.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 07:00:46 PM »
Theyve announced that once youve bought a game you assign it to a console then that game cant be used on another console. Unless you have your account on another console. Good bye to preowned games! Plus your xbox has to be connected to the internet every 24 hours to make sure you have all the license and stuff up to date on your xbox, games, movies etc. I think thats completly stupid. These things are making me not want either of them. But i dont know ill have to wait till they come out e3.

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 08:53:14 PM »
I don't know why the idot behavior is increasing in all gaming industry EA made SIMCITY which must be played with internet on :/
EA made new NFS which has crap control and needs an xBox to play :/  Microsoft made a console that needs to be online :/
Even game prices and inflation is increasing like hell but not the wages or salaries x/  I feel so bad for these companies.
BREAKING NEWS: GAMING INDUSTRIES HAVE BEEN HIT BY STORM OF STUPIDITY!! DOn'T BUY THEIR GAMES MAYBE YOU ARE ALSO HAVING DISEASE STUPIDITY :)                  buy from a better company SONY they are the 2nd best(best is nintendo) Buy a Ps4 :)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »
Seems like their way of annoying us since most of us annoy them by not buying the games.  Guess thats what they get for being an overpriced as intercourse market.

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 02:10:55 AM »
Pretty much.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 08:57:56 PM »
Well, I do understand why they're doing it.  It's for the game developers, not the gamers.  When a used game is sold, 100% of the profit goes to the game store.  The developers don't see a dime.  That means if you didn't make enough money in the first month or so to cover the cost of development, you're probably not going to, because by then there's enough used games in circulation that people will opt to spend $5 less (or whatever the price difference is) for those.

Also, the cost of developing high-end games is obscene.  The budgets are in the millions.  Hundreds -- sometimes thousands -- of people work on them.  Take a look at the Ghost Recon: Future Soldier credits, for example.  They run for over 40 minutes.  A 40+ minute list of names.  Compare that to the games from the 90's where they could print the entire list of games on the back of the CD cover, or on a single shutdown screen.  That's with current-gen consoles.  With more powerful hardware, it means more and/or higher quality content needs to be generated in order to compete.  The new systems have, what, 16x's the memory?

That said, I don't really agree with the choice.  It's taking away one of the few reasons why you'd buy a console over a PC.  I would say a product not designed with the consumer's best interests in mind is destined to fail, but Apple has shown us it's possible to regard the customers as brainless sheep and be extremely successful at it.

There are a few good things that could come of this, though:

1) People get fed up with all that crap and turn back to the PC for their high-end gaming needs.
2) Longer stream of revenue for games means developers have a reason to continue to patch and support their game.  (Currently after a couple months, new purchases drop to a trickle, so development time better justified working on a new game rather than fixing that annoying bug in your favorite game).

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »
If you think about it, it is really for the developers.