Author Topic: Sunman's hr4 Textures  (Read 18240 times)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
Re: Sunman's hr4 Textures
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2013, 12:29:20 PM »
Let's ban anyone who made any change, probably binds can improve way you play, aliases, menus, textures, crosshairs and other stuff. If we are all about fair-play, how can we allow different crosshairs? How can we allow different binds? How we can allow different aliases?
It is not a problem if you realize you can use those textures if you prefer them because of various reasons. That was as simple as that. The problem is that the line has to be drew, but nobody drew it so far, and jitspoe himself doesn't know where to draw it. So if you want to ban people, at least point out what is considered legit and what is not. Saying "extra second to spot players" i can answer: other mouse settings allow you to aim faster, that's HUGE improvement.
I'm still not carrying as long as this is not almost-white texture. I don't match, so I don't care that much. Worse thing is actually people bringing their gamma superhigh to see in areas they are not supposed to. And still we live with that so far, so why do we need to draw line RIGHT NOW? Jitspoe, take your time, make rules wise and don't rush it, because right now nobody really knows what is legit and what is not because of you. Just remember this game is mostly about fun, not "I have better textures, so i own Clipz now, haha, i can say to him that he sucks".

Bitius

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2013, 01:26:44 PM »
The binds aren't even different, what the hell? "bind MWHEELUP hand 3" is an illegal bind?

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 07:48:56 AM »
While it's true that there are those ignorant noobs who use sunman's textures only to gain advantage, I believe that there is another subconscious reason why sunman's textures genuinely appeal to some people more than jitspoe's textures.

It's the same reason kids love cartoons and all that animated excrement but don't give a excrement when they put in real actors with real scenery. It's because their minds are too simple to handle the complexity of what real life looks like (jitspoe's textures) and instead prefer the simplicity of solid, bright colors (sunman's textures). This is the reason why simple-minded people will prefer sunman's textures, while average or complex-minded people prefer to use the official hr4 pack. This is also the reason why the iPhone is the most popular mobile phone even though its competitors are generations ahead.

Bitius

• VM-68
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 08:27:57 AM »
And there you go, people.The reason of why people use these textures explained.
Good job BASEBALLDUDE +1

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 11:31:38 AM »
This is the reason why simple-minded people will prefer sunman's textures

nailed it

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »
Sunman's textures aren't really cartoony, though.  They're just lighter and more uniform in some cases.

Bitius

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
Whatever they are, I think that these should be declared legal.There are no complaints about a few douches trying to get advantages anyway.The link isn't even up and I'm pretty much the only one who has these.I love playing with these textures, I do still play with them.And I came to a conclusion that gaining an advantage because of light grass is just ridiculous.I hope you nice people understand this.Even if you ban me, I still think these textures should be legal :)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
There are no complaints about a few douches trying to get advantages anyway.

No complaints?!  Have you even read this very thread?  There are several.  Here are some examples:

If these textures are legal, I demand my neon green paintballs back. Yes, taste differs from person to person, but from what I can tell, these new texture packs only serve one purpose: gaining visible advantage. It's not just this package, but seldas and spartax aswell and I really do think that there are more around, just unknown to the forum.
You either force everybody to use your offical hr4 pack, or allow everything (which is not necessarily a bad thing. quakelive even allows me to change the player's skin model and color. Since everybody can use that, it's not even unfair). Otherwise you cannot draw a clear line.

obviously they are. They give huge adventage on some maps but people will keep using them because they claim they're nicer which imo arent.

Huge? it is an advantage and gives you that second extra to spot the players, which in most games a second is huge. Some textures look better, but most are misaligned. It's not fair someone used them period. Jitspoe is generous if I were him you would all be banned. Aveiros an example and some of you are clearly dumb to still use them. This will be solved at some point, it may end in one ban or forty bans only you the players can choose. But I'm all in favor to ban everyone who uses these wether your a noob or one of the best in the game.

Lots more from other threads as well.  People want to play against opponents who play fair.  I'll discuss this with the committee, but I doubt the results will be in your favor.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2013, 04:24:30 PM »
He didn't even read the whole thread that he started? :o

Bitius

• VM-68
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:18 PM »
I don't mean it like that.Of course I've read it.Well I'll put it like this:
1.TiMe2ChilL demands legalizing "Neon Green"
2./3.Seem very much like reviews to me.And I don't see how such a scandal would even go off because someone saw someone a second before he had to?Come on people, this is jus tgetting ridiculous already ...

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2013, 12:18:23 AM »
I don't see how such a scandal would even go off because someone saw someone a second before he had to?

I can not blame you for this, but if you would match on a higher level, you would know seeing someone before the other does is a major advantage. A second in real life might not be that important, but in online gaming more than 100 ms is decisive.

I just don't get why people are still arguing over this. Jitspoe has stated clearly that he considers the sunmans pack as illegal, as it might give players an advantage. I herewith challenge you to look up all the threads where Jitspoe has stated this by using the search button.

Bitius

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2013, 02:13:25 AM »
I don't think I want  to start digging out the topics. Thanks

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2013, 04:26:48 AM »
I can not blame you for this, but if you would match on a higher level, you would know seeing someone before the other does is a major advantage. A second in real life might not be that important, but in online gaming more than 100 ms is decisive.

I just don't get why people are still arguing over this. Jitspoe has stated clearly that he considers the sunmans pack as illegal, as it might give players an advantage. I herewith challenge you to look up all the threads where Jitspoe has stated this by using the search button.

this is not true jimmy: "match on higher level" noone gives a excrement there which textures the other team using, i hav never seen shockwave asking for pickys textures LOLOL91-1-19-

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2013, 04:29:05 AM »
The guys who are always loosing are complaining abou textures because they think they would do better if everyone else would use jitspoes one

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2013, 04:37:06 AM »
this is not true jimmy: "match on higher level" noone gives a excrement there which textures the other team using, i hav never seen shockwave asking for pickys textures LOLOL91-1-19-

Have you read my post? It was a reaction to Bitius saying it doesn't matter when you see people (note the part I quoted), not to him possibly using different textures.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2013, 05:10:34 PM »
Well i see reasoning behind this and i kinda agree with it, because having official maplist/texture pack helps keep the game "clean". But the reasoning about higher level isnt exactly correct. I believe that on like medium level or w/e ^^, the textures are sort of advantage.
But honestly if I take for example me, I dont need recon unless its 1v1 and i need to do some exact thing (grab/trade) if the points actaully matter. Other than that, i know +- exact spots where my oponents are or from where they will pop out so i can pre-line that. 95% of my kills doesnt depend on seeing somebody before he does me, because by the time they see me, they die or I die because I messed up.
Also knowing timing of each rush path is pretty important, because you know when to switch line to other spot. And again, it doesnt depend on me seeing them, but i believe not many people play like this so the textures can be pretty huge advantage for them.

Still, i fully support the jitspoe only textures, firstly it helps to keep the game clean and easier to manage (although other texture packs as optional download would be even better, but meh), secondly i got used to these textures and i kinda like them , i think jitspoe did good job there.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2013, 12:56:11 PM »
Well i see reasoning behind this and i kinda agree with it, because having official maplist/texture pack helps keep the game "clean". But the reasoning about higher level isnt exactly correct. I believe that on like medium level or w/e ^^, the textures are sort of advantage.
But honestly if I take for example me, I dont need recon unless its 1v1 and i need to do some exact thing (grab/trade) if the points actaully matter. Other than that, i know +- exact spots where my oponents are or from where they will pop out so i can pre-line that. 95% of my kills doesnt depend on seeing somebody before he does me, because by the time they see me, they die or I die because I messed up.
Also knowing timing of each rush path is pretty important, because you know when to switch line to other spot. And again, it doesnt depend on me seeing them, but i believe not many people play like this so the textures can be pretty huge advantage for them.

Still, i fully support the jitspoe only textures, firstly it helps to keep the game clean and easier to manage (although other texture packs as optional download would be even better, but meh), secondly i got used to these textures and i kinda like them , i think jitspoe did good job there.

Very, very good explanation.

I think this game is on the road to gradually becoming more clean and professional.