Author Topic: Grizly 'n' LaZeRs Server [Now Open!]  (Read 5834 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Grizly 'n' LaZeRs Server [Now Open!]
« on: June 17, 2013, 07:02:00 PM »
It's back! My server, LaZeRs PUB, is now on air once a week! You can visit it Mondays 4-9 P.M. (Pacific US Time). It has just been used Monday July 1st and was very populated. I hope you enjoy my server!

-LaZeRs
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 10:41:50 PM by LaZerS »

Foxhound

• Autococker
Re: Grizly 'n' LaZeRs Server [Now Open!]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:33:27 PM »
0$ for port forwarded server. But the ping will be high for others.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »
Me and a friend have created a home server [Grizly 'n' LaZeRs Server] and are learning some commands and stuff. Currently, the admins are us, but we are looking for a few more. :D It is a home server for now (We will be port-forwarding soon.) I have a few questions though:

1. Whenever I start the server, it always starts on the same map (shazam33). Is that normal? If not, how do I change that?
2. How much do you have to pay to have a port-forwarded server?

Thanks!
-LaZeRs

Code: [Select]
|| Step 3: Starting the Server ||
Create a shortcut to paintball2.exe (right click and drag paintball2.exe to the desktop or wherever you want the shortcut to be, then select "Create Shortcut(s) Here" from the dropdown). Right click on the shortcut and go to "Properties." Under the "Shortcut" tab, click on the "Target:" edit box. Press the END key, and add the following: " +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes). Make sure there's a space between the "exe" and the "+set". Now just hit OK, doubleclick on the shortcut and it should start up. It'll pop up a window with something like "====== Paintball II Initialized ======". You can copy this shortcut into your start menu under start|programs|startup and it will run every time windows loads.

1. Alright, I'm just going to presume you followed this guide. When you set the "Target",
" +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" The "+map midnight" is the map the server will start on.

2. You can port forward your own router. Superman has a guide in this section. I think you might mean "How much do you have to pay for a dedicated server?" :) If I'm right, I'd send Superman or Clipz a PM, I'm pretty sure they'd give you a good price or at least, some good information.

Edit: Here is Superman's Tutorial.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 08:53:07 PM »
Ok! Thanks, both you guys! :D (Yeah dedicated server is what i meant xD)

>>EDIT #1: Follow up question - Is the "flagcapendsround" and "flagmustbeatbase" or something like that on the server.cfg file?

>>EDIT #2: Question - If you have multiple servers (all not dedicated) do you have to pay for them?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:58:40 PM »
But the ping will be high for others.
Just like it is on my home server (kinda, only when my server has lag spikes).

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure you could just add it yourself. I have never really played around with servers though.

So just chuck;
set flagcapsendround 1
set flagmustbeatbase 1

in your server config file and tell me how it goes.

Edit: 1 is true 0 is false.

Edit:
>>EDIT #2: Question - If you have multiple servers (all not dedicated) do you have to pay for them?
The only servers you will have to pay for in this game are dedicated servers rented from a provider.

You can run as many servers as you like, this game is completely FREE. The main problem you will run into though is bandwidth.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 09:17:36 PM »
K thanks :D

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
There's something wrong with my server. The display name (on the pub server list) won't change. It's stuck on PeWKPWNs server when I want the name to be different (LaZeRs PUB). No matter what I do on the server.cfg file, the server name won't change. Anyone know why?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 06:17:50 PM »
Here's a couple of guesses:
-Do you restart the server after changing the name? I'm pretty sure you have to.
-When creating the server, did you follow the guide on this site? If you did you would have used the below code for the "Target:". Notice it's executing 'myserver.cfg', not 'server.cfg'.
" +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight"
There is probably a really easy fix if it's not those, I'm  just not too experienced with servers.

Edit:
You will probably find what you need HERE.

They say just to re execute your server config file.
(In the Black Box)
"exec server.cfg"
"exec myserver.cfg"

Depending on what you have named your server config file.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
-Do you restart the server after changing the name? I'm pretty sure you have to.
Yes.
-When creating the server, did you follow the guide on this site? If you did you would have used the below code for the "Target:". Notice it's executing 'myserver.cfg', not 'server.cfg'.
Did that. But when I type in "exec myserver.cfg" it says
couldn't exec myserver.cfg after I named it "myserver.cfg"

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 09:02:51 PM »
When you start the server, the console should say that it is executing a specific config file.  Check what it is actually doing and see if it is executing your myserver.cfg or I'm guessing, falling back to another config, because it can't grab that server name from nothing.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 09:07:42 PM »
I miss understood, I thought you meant a home server. Dedicated servers cost money if you buy them from a provider. Or if you;re like superman you can buy a VPS. and host you own servers and just pay for the VPS.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 10:12:04 PM »
When you start the server, the console should say that it is executing a specific config file.  Check what it is actually doing and see if it is executing your myserver.cfg or I'm guessing, falling back to another config, because it can't grab that server name from nothing.
Well, it says this:
Date: 2013-06-18
Winsock Initialized.
===== Paintball II Initialized =====

Couldn't exec configs/myserver.cfg.
----------------------------------
52 CMDlist entrys found.
----------------------------------
==== PB2 InitGame ====
autojoin on, normal
=== Rotation Init ===
5 maps added to rotation.
Global login enabled.
------- Server Initialization -------
mapname: shazam33
Bad field -> ammo == 200
Bad field -> gametype == 6
==== PB2 InitMatch ====
== Map Loaded: shazam33 ==
=== Team Flag CTF ===
0 entities inhibited
0 teams with 0 entities
ACE: No node file found, creating new one...done.
20:00 left in match.
-----------------------------------------------------
Sending heartbeat to 192.246.40.37.27900.
Sending heartbeat to 192.246.40.37.27900.

Foxhound, I currently do own my server as a home server. I will be port-forwarding soon.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 10:24:48 PM »
So it has the line:
Couldn't exec configs/myserver.cfg
Which means its failing to load your config file.  An obvious question, but do you have the myserver.cfg in the configs folder?

Also with relation to servers, you're talking about two different types.  One is a COMPUTER server.  The other is a GAMING server.  You currently own your HOME computer, and run a GAMING server on it.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2013, 10:27:07 PM »
Which means its failing to load your config file.  An obvious question, but do you have the myserver.cfg in the configs folder?
Yes.
Also with relation to servers, you're talking about two different types.  One is a COMPUTER server.  The other is a GAMING server.  You currently own your HOME computer, and run a GAMING server on it.
So...I'm running the wrong type of server? Well, how do I change it? Do I start port-forwarding the gaming server?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 10:36:37 PM »
So your server.cfg file is definitely called "myserver.cfg"? Not "server.cfg"? Do you mind uploading it?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 11:00:19 PM »
Well, it won't let me upload the file since its a cfg file but I found what the problem was with the file while trying to upload it.

Turns out I named the file "myserver.cfg" when its a cfg file. So now the actual file name was "myserver.cfg.cfg".
So when I tried to put that in the black server thing, it didn't work because the file was named "myserver.cfg.cfg" at that time I tried to put it in the black server thing. Sorry guys :)

>>EDIT: Now my server works! Wow, what a mistake I made. But thanks for the support! :D

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
Also, to change how many people the server can have at max, where do you change it? In the myserver.cfg file?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:26 PM »
Something like sv_maxclients I think.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »
oh ok thanks

>>EDIT: Where does that go?