Author Topic: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.  (Read 33584 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Feature/Request: Level System for DP2 w/ Achievments.
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 02:38:42 AM »
Most assits.

I presume you mean assists? Not sure how you assist in an instakill game..

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 03:30:56 AM »

Hit the enemy with a smoke!

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 03:39:08 AM »
Hit the enemy with a smoke!
Oh my godz, totessss. ;)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:19 AM »
so wait, let's suppose player A is top ranked and player B is second ranked; let's also suppose that player A goes inactive, then how would player B become top place?
I'm guessing this is kind of like the ELO system that Rick was running for the clans, but on a player basis, so it doesn't matter if someone goes inactive, its relative to ALL players, not just one.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 06:18:44 AM »

Was just giving ideas, ripped it from CoD. Glad the correction squad was on the job though! Thanks Epworth. <3

Then again in CoD I believe I remember that you didn't even have to hit the enemy to get an assist, I think they have some AI to detect that you were going for that person. A little advanced for DP yes I know.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:48:35 AM by SnooD »

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 08:36:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure in COD you need to hit the player to get an assist. With a bullet, or any type of nade.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 08:47:35 AM »
Wasn't sure, I thought maybe I have had an assist without touching them just going for them and then someone else getting them. Can't remember, I don't play CoD anymore it's a horrid game series.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:54 AM »
Wasn't sure, I thought maybe I have had an assist without touching them just going for them and then someone else getting them. Can't remember, I don't play CoD anymore it's a horrid game series.
Battlefield has suppression assists, maybe that's what you were thinking of.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2013, 09:12:18 AM »
Battlefield has suppression assists, maybe that's what you were thinking of.
Probably, I do play Battle Field a lot more than CoD, just got the 2 mixed up haha. Good call ^^

kakarot

• Stingray
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »
I've noticed that no one has even touched the idea of character customization. Would level 50 players have any advantage of better guns, barrels,hoppers, etc over the lower ranked newbies. Also would you be able to completely customize your character (clothes, FEMALE characters, not that we don't love jitspoe's face :P, gloves, shoes, etc.) I'm not very sure how we could give advantages in a game that has SPAWNED guns but, idk this is just something else to think about :/

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »
Gun camo would be nice, especially as custom paintjobs are a lot more likely on paintball markers than on real guns.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »
Gun camo would be nice, especially as custom paintjobs are a lot more likely on paintball markers than on real guns.
haha yeah that's cool, I realize it might take a hell of a lot of time and work to do this but....it would be super cool to take this idea to another level. When you goto customize your gun an animation of the gun with options on the side would be sick, and you could click and drag the mouse left or right to rotate the gun 360 degrees! :P

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »
Also I figured out a way for the assist thing to work. Whoever grabs while on your team gets the assist, of course only if the person without the flag on your team gets the kill.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44:45 PM »
not that we don't love jitspoe's face :P

Are the face textures for the player models really pictures of Jitspoe's face?

kakarot

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 07:12:21 PM »
Are the face textures for the player models really pictures of Jitspoe's face?

Yea, pretty sure lol ask him! :P and please try to stay on topic.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 07:54:29 PM »
Viciouz: I like the idea of different skins on the guns for camo,

SnooD: The assist idea I dont think we would need. It would almost be the same statistic as grabbing.

Kakarot: I dont think that the level fifty players should get any in game advantage, they already will have a big advantage with their skill and knowledge of the game.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
Kakarot: I dont think that the level fifty players should get any in game advantage, they already will have a big advantage with their skill and knowledge of the game.
is it possible that only you can see the camo, and not others?

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 12:40:45 AM »
Interesting idea - at least for to try. But if I understand it correctly, your access to servers will be limited by your current exp level..? Hmm, If this is the case then I think this idea could destroy the whole game

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2013, 06:41:06 AM »
YES! It's about time a thread was made about this idea!

Interesting idea - at least for to try. But if I understand it correctly, your access to servers will be limited by your current exp level..? Hmm, If this is the case then I think this idea could destroy the whole game

Yeah, I agree. We need to be careful. There'd need to be more players for a limited server system to work. Think of it how it could effect newbies. 'Oh look, there's a great server. OH WAIT, my rank is too low, I'll just join the... OH WAIT, no one is there :( *closes pb2*"
However, in saying that, it seems the speed servers are the most popular servers anyhow (mostly newbies play there), so this may run well. We just have to be careful.

Another thing to take in consideration is exploits. Jitspoe should make 'traps' for exploiters to ensure that cheating is a no-go. Hackers could fake requests to the server, resulting in MASS XP, rank Etc. What I would do, is perform simple, yet crafty traps like randomly checking, for example the XP at "time A" then when the next random check comes ("time B") compare the two against eachother. If "time B's XP - time A's XP" is greater than [Insert unrealistic XP jump here] then ban the player. There are also many other traps you could install, like fake 'hacker' values, for example 'winround' if a hacker tried changing that variable (the variable isn't real,it's a trap) then ban them. (You may want to hide this for future reference of hackers)

As long as we are careful about it and consider traps for exploiters, I think this idea is a win, win.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2013, 11:32:51 AM »
So inorder to fix this we could do the following, for example: if player A has a higher level then player B, then player A should be able to go into player B server, but player B should not be able to go into player A server. Also I know this has a flaw, better exp/skill level difference, which will allow player A to beat and rank easier in player B server due to skill level, but to fix that; implement a xp defincence system, in other words, if player A is in player B's server then player A should not either gain xp or gain extremely low xp. So the bigger the level difference between your level and the server level, the lower the xp obtained.