Author Topic: Open//Menu v1.1 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War  (Read 16511 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
Open//Menu v1.1 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:00:38 AM »
[Open//Menu_v1.1 Full Menu Modification by Open_War]

(I'm Open_War ;) ) and i'm proud to release Open//Menu to you!

What is the Open//Menu? >Short description!

OpenMenu is a menu especially for people who want a menu, that is done with the default PaintballĀ² style but with some additions. Actually it looks Crysis but i changed the look a bit ;D
It offers to you a couple new functions like the "mapsearch" or even the "demosearch". You can just search for a map or a part of the name and it will display every map with the searchfilter that you applied!
This is also available for the adminpanel, so you got the possibility to search a map ingame! That makes mapchanging a lot faster and comfortable!

The menus are a lot bigger than the default or even some other menus. With the 1280x720 resolution you'll be able to apply the menu without scaling it down. A lot more information and options can be displayed on one page, which is even more comfortable though!

Now something about the future of the Open//Menu:
OpenMenu is not completly finished yet! Many functions will be implemented soon and you will get access to the testfiles before the new version released! You just have to select it in the "developers list" if there is a new menu for testing!
The next step is a "status bar" that will take place at the top of the screen! It will display on the left your "Global Login Profile", your favourite servers and your names to change. In the middle is the clock. Actually you can enable and disable it. On the right side there will be some quick settings like "volume", "show HUD", "Reflections" and so on...

Why do i call it Open//Menu?
I call it "Open//Menu" because i wanted a menu, that is like opensource... Just everybody can see what the menus do and how they work! Everybody can modify the menus and send to me new ideas and functions and maybe with the skript directly, so i can implement it!

One good thing about the OpenMenus is that it works with PaintballĀ² Vanilla! That means that your paintball will not be modified or changed in any way! No file will be overwritten or loaded in different ways! It is an additional mod which can be applied with the default menu. So you will have access to the "OpenMenu" and the default menus and functions. In the OpenMenu are the default menus too but in a different way... The background is changed to conback2 and you have the option to change directly to the OpenMenu... The default menu is also just an addition to the default paintball!

OpenLauncher, what is it...
The OpenLauncher actually gives you the possibility to use different menuversions with the same launcher... You can change there to the modified default menus or even to the original OpenMenu... And if you want to see what i did before this post you can just change to an older version, that was not complete at all! It's your choice and your possibility to use, what you want to use!

Features and Functions

- You can search maps and demos with a type field! Works with every map/demoname!

- You can switch into folders while you host a server and get into "beta", "jump" or even selfmade folders!

- A lot more Default fuctions had been added like: FOV slider/typefield, Mousesensitivity typefield, Motionblur presets ->perfectly adjusted!, FPS, Clock, Menubackground (shows off Arenaball), Quit confirm, Sound test button with little "beep", Showing ServerIP, direct Teamchange, Specivitation, specignore, disconnect.

- Great design and easy layout!

Systemrequirements

- Digital Paint PaintballĀ² (Build 40)
- An working "Digital Paint Paintball 2.0" installation
- 800x600 resolution (1280x720 recommended)
- Build 40

Installation

Just look inside the .zip file for the ReadMe.txt!
Its very detailed and pretty easy to understand!

Downloads

Download: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=26160.0;attach=10981

Additional Information

To have a quick look at what i've done, just scroll little bit down and open the screenshots! Here are 2 posts for the Screenshots so don't miss the second!

Downloads to the menu itself are in the attachments!

Thank you for Feedback and your help!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 10:11:49 AM by open_war »

promarijan

• VM-68
SCREENSHOTS: Open//Menu v1.1 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:08:40 AM »
Here some more Screenshots:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:11:56 PM by open_war »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: OpenMenu_0.5d OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 05:35:09 AM »
Looks really cool from the screenshots. Not over complicated like PCDP or w.e it's called. Thanks!

Edit: I LOVE IT.

EDIT: The first time I chose the menu etc, it seemed everytime I went back to the menu it wanted me to re choose, but after restarting DP, it's amazing.

I LOVE IT.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 05:46:19 AM »
Best menu mod I have seen. Should be the new official game menus. I didn't realise half of the things that these menus do was possible.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 05:49:49 AM »
The Issue with the menu choosing in the first change is just how Paintball does the history... I can not fix that! I would if its possible but i dont know how...

im writing now the features and functions into the first post...

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 05:57:00 AM »
The Issue with the menu choosing in the first change is just how Paintball does the history... I can not fix that! I would if its possible but i dont know how...

Could you, when the menu pack is chosen, in addition to changing cl_menu, ";menu_pop;menu main"? Or does this not work? :/

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:05:27 AM »
The Issue is that it counts the "cl_menu" generally like a menu change... So every "cl_menu" can be "menu pop(ed)" and is unavoidable...

You just cant get past the cl_menu thing because it is saved in the history anyway!

I could try to use a second menu that does the command automatically... Because the history doesnt write the automaticdone commands... Just like in the first start...

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 06:20:08 AM »
Looks very nice.  I will have to try it out when I get a chance.

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 07:29:17 AM »
Good job open_war!
Impressive!

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 08:10:54 AM »
How can i turn the 'moving' background off? Im getting very low fps.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 08:35:43 AM »
Luckmore... Thats the next step! But i need the new Build with the new commands...

If you want to disable the background then you have to modify your console.txt which is the skript for the backgrounds...

I'll post it here... Copy that into "Paintball2/pball/scripts" and overwrite the "console.txt"...

You have to rename the download whatever you want to "console.txt"...

I post here an original console.txt and the modified... At the moment its not posible to do it on an other way... But it will come along with Build 39 hopefully!

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 09:12:31 AM »
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 03:22:10 AM by rockitude »

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 11:23:13 AM »
Now it is fixed... It was my fault... :-\

Now you can choose any folder and launch the server directly! Just download the 0.5e_Full and overwrite everything! Just do the steps in the installation...
You don't have to switch the menus or the menu version... Everything is still the same, but fixed!

This will be the last 0.5x version because now its time for developing the statusbar!
If im ready to show you a preview, i'll post it as a beta or snapshot... It will be only available in the developer list because it is unofficial first...

This will take time, because i have to do the statusbar for each resolution again...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:09:41 AM by open_war »

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: OpenMenu_0.5e OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 12:39:40 AM »
Download link is fixed now... Just forget it...

I've done a concept for the statusbar...
I hope you like it and can see what the different buttons are for...

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 02:04:39 AM »
Actually im planning a new system for the menus with a lot more functions and better compatibility...

A new system that is not done yet but will be the 2.0 version... So it will take a longer time to make it but it will be great!

What i want to show you is my own logo that i will use in my menus later and maybe on a website for openwar/openmenu when i got time for that...

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 03:03:46 AM »
Ive done a wallpaper too! Does it look great for you?

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 10:21:43 AM »
I've done some wallpapers but i wont implement them because its not important and nobody is really interested in...

So i decided to delete those wallpapers in the download... I think that it is enough to change between the default and the animated background...

HF with the new 0.6b! ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:18:40 AM by open_war »

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »
Your menus are sweet... idk wtf those last 3 were. kthx

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 11:03:28 PM »
NICE