Author Topic: Open//Menu v1.1 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War  (Read 16515 times)

Mission

• 68 Carbine
Re: OpenMenu_0.5e OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »
Nice menu, i had to adjust to a new resolution and HUD scale because the menu somehow changed how mine was before, but once i got used to that, i didn't regret it! Good job.

EDIT: Also, can you make a menu under "Remote Admin" specifically for botcommands? For example, addbot and botcommand alljoin red or whatever it is. I always forget the bot commands and this would be really useful.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 02:31:13 AM »
Awesome menu man, way more simpler than pcdpmod, but still has the right modifications to it. Love the demo search addition. I agree with fox though the last 3 kind of ruin it. Don't add your name to it. Makes it look less unique. Everyone knows you made it anyway. The logos are cool though, I'd just keep them out of the menu.

Bono

• VM-68
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 02:43:12 AM »
Awesome menus man :) In my opinion its should be in official build 39 included!

btw, wait for PCDPmod v2 ;]
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 04:47:26 PM by Bono »

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 06:40:33 AM »
Wow... Bono wrote onto my thread... I didnt expect that...

actually i dont put into my name... It was just a idea but i will du a better logo for "OpenMenu" itself...
Maybe the logo in the style of the OpenWar logo...
I dont know...

The new version will come soon!
First i have to finish it... then im testing it with my people and kill all the bugs! Then you will get the new version 0.6!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 11:12:16 AM by open_war »

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: OpenMenu_0.6 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 01:00:46 AM »
Now its finally here!!!

The 0.6 is out and is bringing to you the brand new statusbar!

It contains fast settings to change, your login profile, a name list that can import names from your current name and a list of your favorite server! Also here you can edit the name and the IP directly and import the IP from the server on that you played last time!

I did also my 2 new logos into the main menu...
But you can disable them easily in the layout options!

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: OpenMenu_0.6b OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 01:26:58 AM »
!!!IMPORTANT INFORMATION!!!

You have to bind a key in the controls menu to "STATUSBAR"!

Thats important because if you dont bind a key to it then you wont get the new features and functions!

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 10:43:20 AM »
Great work on the status bar, it makes functions very quick, especially changing volume which was made complicated with your previous menu compared to default ones. I found a possible issue or two;
-Please make it so that the bind for statusbar (in my case, q) as well as bringing it up, takes it down, would be way more efficient and handy than using esc, or even, make it so that you have to hold down the bind to bring it up, when you let go, it goes away?
-I love the server browser thingy on the status bar, but sometimes when i clicked a server on it it would just say getting net package or something along those lines and not join the server, idk maybe i typed in the I.P. wrong.

Also, this would be useful maybe for the next update:
can you make a menu under "Remote Admin" specifically for botcommands? For example, addbot and botcommand alljoin red or whatever it is. I always forget the bot commands and this would be really useful.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 01:09:42 PM »
Great work on the status bar, it makes functions very quick, especially changing volume which was made complicated with your previous menu compared to default ones. I found a possible issue or two;
-Please make it so that the bind for statusbar (in my case, q) as well as bringing it up, takes it down, would be way more efficient and handy than using esc, or even, make it so that you have to hold down the bind to bring it up, when you let go, it goes away?
If you mean same way TAB score screen works then you can do it yourself pretty easily, instead of "bind q STATUSBAR" use "bind q +STATUSBAR"
eh i hope this works, didnt actually try it ingame, but this is how +scorescreen works with tabulator

EDIT:Tried it, thats nonsense, you could do this with aliases but i am too lazy to lookup command for clearing menus on screen (if there even is any)

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 01:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, that's exactly how i meant, however it says "unknown command +/- statusbar" so either openwar didn't name the command statusbar or it doesn't work like scorescreen. I previously binded it using the controls menu.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 01:34:09 PM »
Ive done already such a alias thing by my own but i didnt do that... Dont know why... maybe because when you pressed esc with the aliases and then press (i got "q" too ;)) it will do "menu pop" because there is no other way...

Actually it would be better! i think that i omplement it...
i work on it maybe... Im working now on it XD

EDIT:
Its not possible because you wouldnt be able to set your key bind like you want... I cant do that now, im sorry!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 01:57:15 PM by open_war »

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 01:39:24 PM »
bind "K" "+statusbar"
alias "+statusbar" "menu statusbar$gl_mode$"
alias "-statusbar" "menu pop"

This is one works, thanks for the menu pop :p.
I have to say, rly nice menu and i agree this should be released as new official menu.

EDIT:Some suggestions, i think that it would be nice to have a checkbox which would allow us disabling/enabling autorefresh on menu serverlist window.
Also having posibility to add IPs to favorites / having a sidebar with match servers (OTB/Arctic, dunno about american servers, i guess CP/Supermans?)

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
Thank you prozajik.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2013, 02:04:23 PM »
Sorry for my last edited post... I think that i was wrong...

It works for me actually pretty good! Thank you prozajik!!!
I think i have to learn more of your genius brain XD

I have it on my menus now but i will implement new functions too before i release the 0.6c...

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2013, 02:13:14 PM »
Only problem is when you get on a button eg resolution then i have to do esc again... But its waaayyyy better than before!

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2013, 02:27:44 PM »
This is way too good, I don't even want to look at the crazy copy and pasting you must have done to make all these different menu states and excrement.

Couple of questions: why is VSync described as experimental, and why does it disable motionblur when you turn it on? You might want to make it set cl_maxfps to 59 when you do turn it on, so that there isn't any mouse lag.

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: OpenMenu_0.6c OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2013, 02:42:44 PM »
0.6c is done!!!

Finally you are able to use the statusbar easily!
As a second addition you can decide if the serverbrowser will update automatically...

The Botpanel will come soon but now i am on holidays! But i can answer your questions though!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
I can say you why vsync is for me experimental!

it slows down your mouseinout for one frame per second and you feel like playing a milisecond in the past...

Motionblur requires framerates about 200fps+ to look fluid and playable!
If you are enabling vsync and motionblur youll get a very dizzie blurry image and thats confusing at all!

Just try it with console commands and then you see what i mean!

commands:
gl_swapinterval 1
gl_motionblur 0.6

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2013, 04:01:23 PM »
Gotta love that fast feedback, good job man!

Another question, can i already disable animated background? I know luckmore asked about it and you said its a next step but didnt find the option anywhere in past posts (yea i went through it briefly so i might missed that). Also, when you change menu back to default, background stays animated even tho i didnt have it animated when i installed your menus.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »
+1 again for this menu. GJ man I thought you were going to mess it up with the logo thing but I had something else in mind. It didn't mess it up at all. Great design! love it.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2013, 05:32:12 PM »
Motionblur requires framerates about 200fps+ to look fluid and playable!
If you are enabling vsync and motionblur youll get a very dizzie blurry image and thats confusing at all!
Fair enough, I guess.

I can say you why vsync is for me experimental!

it slows down your mouseinout for one frame per second and you feel like playing a milisecond in the past...
As for this, as I said, set cl_maxfps to be 1 or 2 frames below refresh rate (so usually 59), then the game blocks instead of graphics drivers, so input is sampled correctly with no mouse lag :)