Author Topic: Open//Menu v1.1 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War  (Read 16513 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: OpenMenu_0.6c OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2013, 12:56:32 AM »
Another question, can i already disable animated background? I know luckmore asked about it and you said its a next step but didnt find the option anywhere in past posts (yea i went through it briefly so i might missed that). Also, when you change menu back to default, background stays animated even tho i didnt have it animated when i installed your menus.

I need first the new build 39 with 2 new commands that i requested on T3RR0R15T and he implemented it on hes own test Build and it worked! But i have to wait until the next Build to do comfotable...

Gotta love that fast feedback, good job man!

Thats how im doing my job... I try to do everything instantly! I like it to give quick feedback... Its better for you!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2013, 01:30:06 AM »
Actually there is a huge problem with Paintball and the $dollar$ stuff...

If i put into a menu the command "alias +statusbar statusbar$gl_mode$"
Then it will not write the same but instead it will write down the vlue of "gl_mode"...

So for the installation you have to enter 2 "alias commands" first! Thats very important because in the 0.6d you can click on "resolution" for example and then leave the key and wolla both windows are closed!

But you have to enter those alias commands which are in the readme when i uploaded it... Maybe in a few minutes... XD

Fast, Faster, Fastest, Open_War ;)

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2013, 01:47:36 AM »
Actually it works for me pretty well but you have to... And there is no other way (fixing the Paintball client could be possible but (who knows if it can be fixed...) you have to enter 2 commands into your config.txt directly! It doesnt work with commands in paintball at all!

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: OpenMenu_0.6d OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open_War
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2013, 01:58:13 AM »
New Version is out now!!!

You can now get into "resolution" or stuff like that... get off your binded key and it will close both!!!

IMPORTANT red the redme.txt! The Statusbar wont work without typing commands into the config.cfg MANUALLY!

Make sure to bind the statusbar key again because of the command changing!

Have fun!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 12:13:16 PM »
I thank you a alot for supporting and helping me! Its really helpful to have people around that know about scripts... Thank you so much for all!

Im trying to do new stuff but the ideas that i got are really difficult to implement and difficult to give to all players... I think about useful scripts... Stuff like special zoom, automatic grenade firing andother cool stuff...

I want to implement an inventory but i dont know what to do else...

Now its your turn! Give me ideas and helpful tips so i can make your gameplay more fluid and comfortable!

Hope to see you soon...

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2013, 11:29:48 AM »
This is incredible, really good job mate. It does more in a simpler way.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
Im going to finish the openmenu project soon...
Its complete, everything is done... I just wait for Build 39 with the background-update... Then i will release a final Version of the OpenMenus!

If anybody got some problems or bugs, post it right now!
I try to update after release but i dont know how often i can do that...

I think its done here! Just finish and go home and relax with better useability ;D
Hope that the Build 39 will release soon... :/

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2013, 04:58:14 AM »
Many people are complaining about the menus...

I think i try to update everything to B4X (B40 atm) so you can change the background for less lag! And i have to test what is possible with the new build in applying commands at the first run...

That the script can now write those commands for you, that you have to apply actually manually... Then the installation would be a lot easier!

And yes... Im actually trying to develop new menus but i need more time and thats why i update those first... So you dont run out of updated menus XD
Just wait and wait and something will happen...

I dont like it to tell you about menus that are not done yet!

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
I dont like it to tell you about menus that are not done yet!
You already did.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
I debugged this to see where the Com_sprintf overflow error was coming from.  It turns out your directory structure is rather large and pushing the limits of the q2 path sizes (currently 64 characters).

When it tries to add the language in (since there can be subdirectories for languages), the result is this:

"menus/openlauncher_v03/system/V06_F0RC3/english/some_menu_name"

This sometimes gets truncated, though it's still OK in the end, since there is no language sub-version of the menu, but it prints out the error at the console.

You can shorten your directory path quite a bit, and it should prevent this issue.  Ex:

"menus/openmenu/v06"

I can see about bumping up the path sizes in the future, but I'm not sure what side effects this may have.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2013, 01:31:28 AM »
Oh! Nice to know that!

You dont have to patch it! I can just use in future shorter foldernames and so on...
Thats a lot easier for you and for me!

I didnt knew about it so thank you for that!

@FusSion
I told you menus that are not existing anymore... I got other plans... So dont think about an openmod or something else...

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2013, 02:25:55 AM »
For the Background story thing...

I just tested a few variations of "conback2" so i can apply to the background different "qualities" like low mid and high... Its just less animation in the background...
Very helpful for the console to get more fps ingame with console...

Its nice and easy to use the background changing!

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: Open//Menu v1.0 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »
Now its finally here!

Build 40 support in basic...

So atm you just can change the background over "cl_menuback" and cl_conback" but i think that its better on that way instead of without...

Next update is that i got the missingpic there and the hostserver stuff works now better...
i will maybe add some buttons to the statusbar so you can press every button without closing the other dropdown menus...

I call this one actually a v1.0 because its very finished at all and i dont have to add very important stuff so i dont need bigger version changes anymore...

I dont know why the upload just doesnt work but anyways... i hope that you can handle the google drive...

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: Open//Menu v1.0 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2013, 12:09:24 PM »
Oh and i forgot...

I named it shorter so com_sprintf doesnt matter at all...

Thats just kinda bugfix but isnt very noticeable... Just the console had been filled with that...

Now its not!

promarijan

• VM-68
Re: Open//Menu v1.1 OFFICIAL [Menu Modification] by Open//War
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
FINALLY!!!

This is now bug free!

I updated the menu in some different things...

First of all i did all the structures name shorter!
Com_sprintf is no more problem im any case!

And a updated the graphics a bit... so you got a new background and so on...
I will work on that again to improve the design again to make it look better! Now its just updated and not new...

And i got it as a .pak file! So its easier for you to "install" it... But dont worry about setups, i won't do that!
For those guys who really want to see whats going on in those menus... Sure why not? I got the "raw version" here in the attachments!

And i updated the default menu so you can swap menus in the launcher without having the conback2 background... And i deleted the old versions for better compatibility!

Basically its a little update but a more noticeable one!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2013, 01:27:59 PM »
And i look forward to have a botcommand menu!

A little popup menu in the admin panel but it will be helpful!

There should be stuff like adding bots with names too and some other things... Write to me if you know smth!

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2013, 01:05:52 AM »
I have a little problem. When I switched from deafult menu to openmenu the com_sprintf is 65-67 out of 64, but when I switched from openmenu to pcdp mod it has com_sprintf is 70 out of 64! Does openmenu has something to do with this?

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #57 on: November 24, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »
First of all!

Dont use Openmenu AND PCDPmod! They can be very buggy together!

AND you should use the newest v1.1! There is everything just every every everything under 64 because i have to put it into a .pak file...

So i just think you have an old version of openmenu and that causes the problems...

Just update the menus ANDANDNANDNADND choose the new launcher by typing in the console "cl_menu openv4" and "menu_reload"... Then choose "v11 QU4K3" and restart DP and it works!

If you rly want to use PCDPmod and openmenu at the same time you should do this on 2 seperate installations...

In my new menus i will add a system that detects other menus and will just check if there is another and if there is an another menu it will tell it you and close paintball and tell you what to delete or how to uninstall those menus... You can unsinstall menus on 2 ways! The simple way is just to delete the main diles and the clean way is to delete the files and all the config stuff... And that is very difficult!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #58 on: November 24, 2013, 10:13:24 AM »
I uploaded the wrong .zip first... Sorry for that!

For those guys that just downloaded and installed the old v11 please redownload! Installation is not needed... Just replace the new .pak with the old!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
Wohoooo!

Long time ago i developed a mod that is called Open//Menu... Oh wait this thread is all about it!

As i told you, i won't update the final version that much but i dont think that i will leave it buggy!

I found a few things crazy and weird and everytime i see those things i would like to close paintball to avoid a facepalm bacause of my menus!
I know that this is very strange but i can tell you that i really dont like this menu that much!
The usability and functions are okay... Just okay and good to use but i dont like the style! Its just the single window with GUI inside and that is annoying to me!

A menu should:
- use min 80% of the screen.
- be able to handle several resolutions.
- be HD
- use 50% (at least 25%) of the menu itself for useful things!

That just means that i shouldnt make a menu in a window, i shouldnt make a menu with just a single button?!?, i shouldnt do it scaleable but rearranged for different resolutions!

What do you think is annoying on the current menus?

And more important:
What menustyle do you prefer? (Menu from a game?)