Author Topic: ARMA 2 Paintball Mod  (Read 2110 times)

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
ARMA 2 Paintball Mod
« on: July 24, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »
I've been playing lots of ARMA 2 lately, saw this on reddit.  It looks fun, I need to find a server running this mod.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsItZ7UmDQ

Read that some guy is attempting to port it to ARMA3.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: ARMA 2 Paintball Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
Looks fun -- too bad arma is so buggy and has that horrible inverse mouse acceleration that makes it almost impossible to aim.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 07:49:09 PM »
Maybe you just need to play with your controls?  I've never had a problem with aiming.  The game is a bit clunky though.  Hopefully ARMA 3 will be a bit smoother.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:08:44 PM »
Hmm... I will have to do that same test tonight.  I've never really noticed that.  I don't normally use the sights though, I like to play either in third person or in first person, but looking over the gun.

It is supposed to be a milsim game though.. In real life you cant really turn more than 45 degree without moving your body.

Edit:  Tested it out and I can turn in a circle without any problems.  It is very smooth.  Maybe it was been patched since you last played?  Or maybe it is just because I use the PMC version instead of vanilla ARMA2.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 02:24:46 PM by SuperMAn »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:03:27 PM »
It's not about turning in a circle.  If you turn the mouse slowly, you'll move at one speed.  If you turn the mouse faster, you'll turn slower.

Looking at this thread, it seems negative mouse accel is tied to mouse smoothing, so if you have a higher mouse smoothing, you have laggy input, but less accel.  If you have lower smoothing, you have more responsive movement, but weird negative accel.  You're pretty much stuck with crappy aiming no matter what.  Maybe you just have a fast enough computer that the mouse lag isn't as bad.