Author Topic: dp2 Hall of Fame  (Read 5793 times)

SeQuAL

• VM-68
Re: dp2 Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »
Shouldn't discriminate, everyone that has ever been banned should not be allowed on it.

I don't really see the point of this, maybe you could elaborate on the idea?
Not everyone, just the people who went too far with it. The point I guess of this is to give recognition to the players that deserve it most and put work into the game or just were very well known/good around the community. They helped contribute to the game and should get something out of it, even it if it's something small like this. Sorry for not being informed on the bans there that you added, I looked on the list and didn't see their names, even searched it via ctrl f. Must of had different names that I just didn't/don't know about. Also I think this would be another cool addition to the website if it were done right. I think some of these newer players should see who was around before them and helping the game out to make it what it is today.

Found the shk and cuso bans, don't see an obi one.
Also note that I did say, these people didn't do more than multi account. so besides shk and cuso in that list it's still how I wanted it.

I don't think a multi or something as dumb as a speed hack should be accounted for, but wall hacking, things likes spiked models, and other types of content like that need to be accounted for.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »
Not everyone, just the people who went too far with it. The point I guess of this is to give recognition to the players that deserve it most and put work into the game or just were very well known/good around the community. They helped contribute to the game and should get something out of it, even it if it's something small like this. Sorry for not being informed on the bans there that you added, I looked on the list and didn't see their names, even searched it via ctrl f. Must of had different names that I just didn't/don't know about. Also I think this would be another cool addition to the website if it were done right. I think some of these newer players should see who was around before them and helping the game out to make it what it is today.

Found the shk and cuso bans, don't see an obi one.
Also note that I did say, these people didn't do more than multi account. so besides shk and cuso in that list it's still how I wanted it.

I don't think a multi or something as dumb as a speed hack should be accounted for, but wall hacking, things likes spiked models, and other types of content like that need to be accounted for.
Multiple Accounts are against the rules and will get you banned. If there is a Hall of Fame, it should be for those that have never broken the rules. I know it's not as major as wallhacks etc, but IT IS against the rules. Same with Speed Hacks.

Ah, it'd be good to give recognition to those that have helped with the game but what have Moe, Jigsaw, Subzero etc done for the game?

obi = obigl.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »
spiked models were a very popular hack back in the day, some people on your list used them and didn't get banned because there was no detection. regardless of previous hacking we never got cought, well shk did i think, i always reported myself because i was too addicted to quit on my own.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 07:41:11 AM »
Multiple Accounts are against the rules and will get you banned. If there is a Hall of Fame, it should be for those that have never broken the rules. I know it's not as major as wallhacks etc, but IT IS against the rules. Same with Speed Hacks.

Ah, it'd be good to give recognition to those that have helped with the game but what have Moe, Jigsaw, Subzero etc done for the game?

obi = obigl.
I guess you're right then. Probably better the few in it anyway the better. I just think jig, sub, moe etc. definitely made their name into the game....look how many people know of them..

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 07:42:00 AM »
spiked models were a very popular hack back in the day, some people on your list used them and didn't get banned because there was no detection. regardless of previous hacking we never got cought, well shk did i think, i always reported myself because i was too addicted to quit on my own.
Doesn't matter, I came clean with my multi. too but you still got banned. http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=18534

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 02:46:38 PM »
then that doesn't matter. we're the best regardless. everyone has cheated. well i guess anyone that's good in your opinion. anyway back on topic, if you wana do it based on people who have helped the game, then the only people on that list that qualify are, clipz, swk, cuso(even tho he was banned), DT, superman, uni, chef-killer, terrorist, ic3y, that's all.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 03:19:23 PM by CheMiCal »

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2013, 03:00:39 PM »
then that doesn't matter. we're the best regardless. everyone has cheated. well i guess anyone that's good in your opinion. anyway back on topic, if you wana do it based on people who have helped the game, then the only people on that list that qualify are, clipz, swk, cuso(even tho he was banned), DT, superman, uni, that's all.
None of the OTB guys? What with their server hosting and probably countless other things they have done?

Skyline

• PGP
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2013, 03:17:23 PM »
None of the OTB guys? What with their server hosting and probably countless other things they have done?
In that case it would be nice to give ic3y some sort of recognition as well. If it weren't for him the serverlist would be quite empty

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
yea forgot about them my bad. if it was for server hosting, then i should be on there too, i've hosted servers many times for a year or two, and vents, ts3, mumbles.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2013, 03:32:52 PM »
Only dedicated server hosts were superman, clipz/swk, er33t, ic3y, and whoever hosted the GT servers. I don't remember you hosting servers though chem.(not saying you didn't.) Home runs shouldn't count either because anyone can make those easy and no one every really plays on them because all the pings are unfair and messed up.

Cheaters will not be allowed on this list if it is ever made. If you were ever banned you don't qualify, it's only fair. I also think that hacking is the only reason you guys were good. Once you know how people play and where they usually go and how they act, it's not that hard to defend and line the spots they go to.

It's kind of like learning a jump in the game. Once you are able to do it, you can almost never fail because you're used to doing it. Same rule applies after using walls IMO. Anyway let's not go down that road. Didn't make this forum to start a fight.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2013, 03:49:59 PM »
Lets just dont give a faucCk about hall of fame thing.

#pewpew#whereismyers#halloffame#myclub

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »
Well the idea is out there, maybe I'll bring it up to a committee member or Jitspoe himself. If it ever gets made there's going to be a vote on who gets in anyway.