Author Topic: DP League!!  (Read 6662 times)

SeQuAL

• VM-68
DP League!!
« on: August 04, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
I think it's time to get a league for this game up and running. There will be a money prize if everyone were to cooperate with me and listen to this idea. It'll be very similar to the NFL in ways of coordination. I will draw up a schedule of what clan matches what clan and when, based on the teams who sign up.

We need at least 10 clans to do this. It will be all 3v3s clan leaders can pick out who they want to play in which matches, all up to you. There will be a preseason that lasts for 1 week, we will use mine and Rick's ladder to keep track of everyone's win/loss percentage. By the end of the week the 2 weakest clans will get kicked out of preseason and not make it to the regular season.

When season times comes, providing there were 10 teams that signed up to begin with, there will then be 8 teams left in the season. These teams will play for another week until another 2 teams are knocked out of the season.

There will then be 6 remaining teams left which will proceed to the semi-finals and play one match each to get into the finals. From the finals there would be 3 teams left. This would give the team who has the highest win/loss percentage a buy and not have to play in the finals. The other 2 teams would then play each other to see who makes it to the championship. Whoever wins the championship game wins the league!

The way the prize would be made possible is if each clan who wanted to participate in this league would pitch in 10$ USD. We would give the money to someone reliable and trustworthy like Jitspoe if he were willing. The winning team would split the 100$ prize between everyone in the clan.

Sign up here if you're down for the idea, if we get 10 teams to sign up then I will talk to more people about who gets to hold the money. Before we do anything I will make sure that each clan that signed up is happy with the money holder.

Teams Playing:
2.#sPec#
3. oXz

« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 12:06:20 PM by SeQuAL »

FusSioN

• Autococker
Re: DP League!!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 10:43:35 PM »
Whats the time?(tokyo time)
I'd like to join if i can do it in my time
AND how bout the "money" :D how much

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 10:49:28 PM »
Forum says all bud. Not sure of a time lol we need teams first :P

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 10:58:02 PM »
I need enough active members, man I can't 3v3 I can only do finals which is 1v1

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:26:52 PM »
I think you're not understanding this thread. Each team needs to have 3 players at least on it to participate in this. There is no 1v1ing in this.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 11:32:11 PM »
ok
I wont participate. Maybe in the next league though.
we need more members and practice

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 02:06:58 AM »
ok
I wont participate. Maybe in the next league though.
we need more members and practice
I won't take part as I need better internet xP

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 02:41:33 PM »
I think the way this is set up is bad. Rather than all teams playing for however many weeks you have chosen for only the best teams to play for the full length, why can't we have something like a double round robin? If you want more people to play then they have to be interested, not waiting around for a new season just to get kicked off the league in pre-season.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 02:42:23 PM »
I think the way this is set up is bad. Rather than all teams playing for however many weeks you have chosen for only the best teams to play for the full length, why can't we have something like a double round robin? If you want more people to play then they have to be interested, not waiting around for a new season just to get kicked off the league in pre-season.

EDIT: sPec will be taking part.

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 03:19:34 PM »
That's not how the NFL works and that's what I'm basing this off of. 2 weeks isn't a long wait for if we want to do this again.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
Add .oXz.
Nice idea, rly like it!

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 04:27:53 PM »
Thanks mate. Hope we can get it going!

SeQuAL

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 06:09:43 AM »
7 more clans to go, I think this will definitely be worth while if people try it out.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 10:28:02 AM »
If I get unban or reduced ban, we will play. Otherwise not.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 03:27:25 PM »
A DPL will never work. There are not enough clans and active people. Im not being a debbie downer but this will fail. A tournament might be more suitable for this era of the game. Even some tournaments will fail. GL I also advise you get someone that more of the community likes to run this with you.. not trying to be a jerk but not many people like you sequal.

idias

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 07:36:41 PM »
I'm with Clipz on this one.
* idias waits for blaa to do another one of those great QeHs tournaments

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 07:43:05 PM »
I'm with Clipz on this one.
* idias waits for blaa to do another one of those great QeHs tournaments

+1

I told Sequal this but he's determined to do it. BROz will not participate. By the time this league would start, most people would be in school. It's hard enough to get 1 or 2 days off for a tournament, but trying to get 1 or 2 days a week that another team can play on too is to much work for likely a minimal prize. Plus DP teams are not reliable. I don't think anything more than a 1 day thing makes sense in the current state of the game.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »
I disagree with Clipz and Myers. A league could still work if clans are interested. However, it wont work like this. No offense Sequal, thanks for trying. The main problems are the following:

1. Too wide gap between clans' skill-levels. If i could bet on the league-games i would get rich in a heartbeat. No matter what the prize, people don't want to give away free money for one week league play before you get kicked out. That is what would happen to two teams with this system. Instead, there should be a longer season where every clan matches each other once or twice, then playoffs afterwards. Would be better that way in my opinion.

2. Set dates. There should NOT be a set time, not even a set day. People won't show up on gametime. No system that required players to be present on a specific time ever worked. So in order for this to work there should not be any schedules and matches are played whenever people are online.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:18 AM »
Ideas of a league have come and gone for so many years, and they never work. Tournaments barely work.

Not only are there not enough teams that would be able to participate, but organising those willing to participate is a meddling headache. Virtually impossible.

Just run tournaments, or find ways to generate interest in the matching scene, sorry to excrement on your parade.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 06:35:43 AM »