Author Topic: Are My Textures Allowed? (Ask within)  (Read 13148 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Are My Textures Allowed? (Ask within)
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2013, 11:47:49 PM »
http://ic3x.de/

check seldas, homies, and ascras textures out, there are screenshots

I'll have a look probably next week! Pretty busy atm.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
Maybe there should also be a list of texture packs that are allowed/not allowed.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2013, 01:21:02 PM »
Maybe there should also be a list of texture packs that are allowed/not allowed.

what do you think this thread is all about :)

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »
what do you think this thread is all about :)

People asking if individual textures are allowed. Which is inefficient in my opinion. It would be much better if the original post had a list of allowed/not allowed texture packs.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2013, 04:27:03 PM »
People asking if individual textures are allowed. Which is inefficient in my opinion. It would be much better if the original post had a list of allowed/not allowed texture packs.
People chop and change.  Honestly it should be official textures once they're available to stop the fuss.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2013, 06:55:47 PM »
People chop and change.  Honestly it should be official textures once they're available to stop the fuss.

But I think a list of allowed/not allowed textures should be up there in the meantime.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2013, 07:41:20 PM »
But I think a list of allowed/not allowed textures should be up there in the meantime.

Have you not read this thread at all? There is NO WAY to make a list of every texture that is legal/illegal. The point is, anything that gives an advantage / doesn't even nearly resemble the default (low-res) texture can be considered illegal. But there's no set line, and until there's an enforced pack it will ALWAYS be subjective. Using stuff far brighter than default version can result in a ban.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2013, 02:05:29 AM »
Have you not read this thread at all? There is NO WAY to make a list of every texture that is legal/illegal. The point is, anything that gives an advantage / doesn't even nearly resemble the default (low-res) texture can be considered illegal. But there's no set line, and until there's an enforced pack it will ALWAYS be subjective. Using stuff far brighter than default version can result in a ban.

What about that texture pack that contains those illegal baby blue and pink barrel textures? I'm pretty sure that texture pack is clearly illegal and should obviously be added to a list of illegal texture packs.

Maybe when people upload a picture with the texture they're wondering about they should also specify which texture pack they got it from so that texture pack could be added to a list of illegal texture packs.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2013, 06:44:44 AM »
ARE SUNMANS LEGAL

ARE SUNMANS LEGAL

pls tell me, and if parts of the pack are illegal, tell me that too.

I like Jits' pack, but sunmans is hotter.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2013, 07:55:34 AM »
What about that texture pack that contains those illegal baby blue and pink barrel textures? I'm pretty sure that texture pack is clearly illegal and should obviously be added to a list of illegal texture packs.

Maybe when people upload a picture with the texture they're wondering about they should also specify which texture pack they got it from so that texture pack could be added to a list of illegal texture packs.

The point is it's subjective ffs. No community member can say for certain that something is illegal. And Jitspoe's time is better spent fixing his pack than going through this thread to say whats legal. As you can see from Aveiro ban thread, people don't agree on whats legal and what isn't. The baby blue barrels aren't from a specific pack, so no you can't just ban that pack. Only older players tend to have it cause they used to be considered legal.

Most packs provide some advantage over Jitspoes - if you want to be 100% save use Jitspoe's, anything else can be a risk. However, the risk is minimal until a texture pack is enforced (Unless the pack you're using is ridiculously advantageous.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 04:58:39 PM »
ARE SUNMANS LEGAL

ARE SUNMANS LEGAL

pls tell me, and if parts of the pack are illegal, tell me that too.

I like Jits' pack, but sunmans is hotter.
The super-light grass in that pack is about to become illegal.  Please provide feedback in the official HR4 thread on textures you would like to see improved.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 05:27:21 PM »
The super-light grass in that pack is about to become illegal.  Please provide feedback in the official HR4 thread on textures you would like to see improved.

thanks, and will do

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2013, 08:47:52 AM »
I found a screenshot of another player and I'm not sure if this textures are allowed.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2013, 11:58:42 AM »
Somebody also sent me his sshot of pforest. I think it's amazing.

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2013, 12:44:06 PM »
i guess those are not allowed ^^

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2013, 10:15:20 PM »

Well since we are talking about textures. Are the compressed textures now illegal? I've been using them for years and I was told (by jitspoe once upon a time) that they were legal. Also, Are the crates in the screenshot legal? I got them from a pack a few years back, cant remember which one. I don't want to be banned for them, so a little clarification would be great.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2013, 08:17:20 AM »

What about this wall texture? I think banana might be a little bit too bright but i want to be sure.
Seems like we all have texture cheats installed by jitspoe himself.
(In case you wonder, not trolling, just making fun of new texture rules)

EDIT: Hr4 version of this texture plx

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2013, 04:08:11 PM »
Quote from: not_payl_obviously link=topic=26267.msg237564#msg237564 date
What about this wall texture? I think banana might be a little bit too bright but i want to be sure.
Seems like we all have texture cheats installed by jitspoe himself.
(In case you wonder, not trolling, just making fun of new texture rules)

EDIT: Hr4 version of this texture plx
Everyone gets the same textures on april fools, so its still fair ;)

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »
Everyone gets the same textures on april fools, so its still fair ;)
On my Polish windows i don't get it on first of april (at least few times ago if i recall correctly) as it's coded wrongly, and in Poland we don't call this month "April", oops!
And screenshot you see hasn't been taken on first of april, oops 2x! :) Yeah i have hacked version of ref_pball that gives this every single time... And no, jitspoe protection doesn't give a excrement about this...
Sounds like a problem to me.

EDIT: And what if let's say i by accident change my time to first of april? Oh, everyone you say? I don't think so.

EDIT2: As this forum lack some real paintball code, here is relevant part of ref_pbgl assembler code (nice names added). You can clearly see that comparsion is done on strings, and i don't think we call this month "April" everywhere, do we?
Code: (assembler) [Select]
push    offset aApr01   ; "Apr 01"
mov     edx, [ebp+Date]
push    edx
call    strcmp
add     esp, 8
mov     IsAprilFools, eax
cmp     IsAprilFools, 0
jz      short Skip_Banana
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:43:59 PM by not_payl_obviously »

TiMe2ChilL

• PGP
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2013, 11:10:05 AM »
If you want to play the douche, at least use some better example for your "criticism", not these shabby dark textures where no one can see where one wall ends and the other starts