Author Topic: Petition: Remake Pbcup_Renoir  (Read 6115 times)

Viper

• Autococker
Petition: Remake Pbcup_Renoir
« on: August 18, 2013, 05:59:35 AM »
Since there are some new crouch mechanics, its pretty hard to crouch through the window in pbcup_renoir.

just randomly you can crouch through it.

overall, without the possibilty to crouch through the window, pbcup_renoir lost a lot of teamplay. so i would like to start a petition to remake pbcup_renoir. just make the window a lil bit bigger, so everyone can crouch through it, without several attempts.

so.. maybe someone could decompile it (maybe DT himself) and make the window a lil bit bigger? after that, arctic, otb and superman should remove the old pbcup_renoir and upload the fixed version to their servers.

thank you very much.

best regards,
viper

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
Re: Petition: Remake Pbcup_Renoir
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
Since there are some new crouch mechanics, its pretty hard to crouch through the window in pbcup_renoir.

just randomly you can crouch through it.

overall, without the possibilty to crouch through the window, pbcup_renoir lost a lot of teamplay. so i would like to start a petition to remake pbcup_renoir. just make the window a lil bit bigger, so everyone can crouch through it, without several attempts.

so.. maybe someone could decompile it (maybe DT himself) and make the window a lil bit bigger? after that, arctic, otb and superman should remove the old pbcup_renoir and upload the fixed version to their servers.

thank you very much.

best regards,
viper

I also think there is same bug on map Darkages in purple base. In previous builds I could crouch through the window so easily, but now its too hard. (From main to base)

But I dont think this map needs remake. We played it only in few matches.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »
When this is being done, the textures might also be adapted to Jitspoe's HR4 pack so it looks good again :)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 09:13:04 AM »
The new physics hurt this map a lot. It hurt a few maps, actually. I think there could be a few other maps that could use a remake to fix the jumps which the new physics ruined.

So it'd be great if a few things could be fixed (ie the backdoor window as Viper said). Although it can't be made so you can make it 100% of the time, there was still a technique to making it. That's what made it so much better.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 11:50:14 PM »
Sounds like a good candidate for the official maplist.

Discussion thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=25976.0
Vote thread: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=25978.0

The new physics hurt this map a lot. It hurt a few maps, actually. I think there could be a few other maps that could use a remake to fix the jumps which the new physics ruined.

So it'd be great if a few things could be fixed (ie the backdoor window as Viper said). Although it can't be made so you can make it 100% of the time, there was still a technique to making it. That's what made it so much better.
Which jumps were ruined?  Did anybody bother to report these?

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 12:05:41 PM »
Jitspoe.. not sure if you got the point.

the teams, whos actually matching, wanna have this change NOW!! not in 8 months.
i could decompile renoir myself and make the window bigger.. thats not the problem..
i was asking here, cause i wanted to know if terrorist, ic3y and superman would upload the fixed version.

i dont wanna wait till build 45.. sorry!

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 12:11:49 PM »
Isn't it a problem for decompile, when the map has models like the plants?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »
DirtyTaco may still have the original map file, but I'm not sure if he would approve the change.  It doesn't seem like the window was designed to be crouched through to begin with.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Which jumps were ruined?  Did anybody bother to report these?

Pretty sure most of them were commented on in the original thread about it. In fact, pretty sure most of the community was against the physics.

But there's many jumps where you just lose speed from not gaining speed off terrain cause it removes your speed - or sky gliding causing you to over jump stuff. The problem isn't entirely the physics, its half the servers have it, half don't. So people never adjust to the new physics. I'm sure we could learn the jumps with the new physics, its just a different style, but when each server has different settings it makes it terrible. (an example is Carp speed mid, or Ren speed, cause you sky glide and overjump, making you easily lined).

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 05:30:35 PM »
Pretty sure Cusoman stole all his mapfiles when they worked on sas4 together. Although, it'd be nice to get a hold of DT to make sure it's okay.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 09:49:59 PM »
Pretty sure most of them were commented on in the original thread about it. In fact, pretty sure most of the community was against the physics.

But there's many jumps where you just lose speed from not gaining speed off terrain cause it removes your speed - or sky gliding causing you to over jump stuff. The problem isn't entirely the physics, its half the servers have it, half don't. So people never adjust to the new physics. I'm sure we could learn the jumps with the new physics, its just a different style, but when each server has different settings it makes it terrible. (an example is Carp speed mid, or Ren speed, cause you sky glide and overjump, making you easily lined).
Let go of the jump button to stop sky gliding.  Hold it to continue skipping down terrain.  If you do this consistently, it won't matter if the server is running old or new physics.

Anyway, DT's not on IRC right now, so I guess I'll see if his email works.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
Let go of the jump button to stop sky gliding.  Hold it to continue skipping down terrain.  If you do this consistently, it won't matter if the server is running old or new physics.

Anyway, DT's not on IRC right now, so I guess I'll see if his email works.

Hes been idling #prozak a recent as yesterday, as plambre.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »
jitspoe sent me that email and let me tell you... we had the SEXIEST time in the Caribbean

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 06:07:16 PM »
I'll cough up this .map file if MyeRs admits that eR33t in its prime was the best DP clan ever

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 07:50:33 PM »
I'll cough up this .map file if MyeRs admits that eR33t in its prime was the best DP clan ever
As if there was any doubt?

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 08:07:18 PM »
#1 er33t #2 IP Close #3 -RR-

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
eR33t and <iP> were the two most dominant clans in the history of DP - I had the pleasure of experiencing most of it.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 08:14:36 PM »
I had the pleasure of being killed by both! lmao...

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 10:44:13 PM »
What's with the new physics?