Author Topic: How to play Quake 2 jump mod  (Read 2452 times)

Skyline

• PGP
How to play Quake 2 jump mod
« on: August 23, 2013, 04:41:38 AM »
There already is a tutorial by Jitspoe on how to get the Quake 2 client running, but seeing as it includes downloading a crapload of files and messing around with them, it's not very convenient.

There is another (newer) solution, though. Simply download the Quake II Starter from http://q2s.tastyspleen.net/, install it and start playing. The installer does everything for you. There are proper jump servers with active players in them, including n00k!e and all the other sick jumpers.

So if you enjoyed playing on the Q2 Jump servers that were available on our Paintball serverlist some time ago and would like to give your jumping skills another shot, give it a try.

My intention is not to get people from the Paintball community to leave and start playing another game, but to help those who would be interested in it.

For any help concerning Quake 2, post here or pm me.

Seeing as quite many people have decided to give q2jump a shot, I'll type down some of the commands you should know in there.

Commands you should bind to keys of your choice are:
"team hard" - join the game in race mode (the timer starts as soon as you move and ends once you catch the railgun and finish)
"team easy" - practice mode - you don't compete with other players and your time does not get written down upon catching the gun.
"store" - sets a checkpoint in 'team easy'.
"kill" - kills your progress so you can start over. In team easy if you've stored a checkpoint, that's where you'll respawn.
"playerlist" - bind that command to your TAB key.
"score" - displays the top times on the current map.
"hook/unhook" - hook to shoot, unhook to release. Only works in team easy

Some other commands you might want to know
"replay #" - shows you the replay of your chosen time on the scoreboard. # signifies a number
"sensitivity #" changes the sensitivity of your mouse
"fov #" changes your field of viewd
"gl_modulate #" and "gl_brightness #" - changes brightness - useful for maps with bad lighting
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:11:21 AM by Skyline »