Author Topic: BSP: An Issue I would like to see fixed  (Read 3011 times)

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
BSP: An Issue I would like to see fixed
« on: September 06, 2013, 04:38:15 PM »
In BSP, if you rotate a locked texture, the texture does not remain locked in the correct position. This is annoying when copying your entire half-map and rotating it 180 degrees to form the other side. If anyone has the time, this is one issue I would like to see cleaned up in the next release. (If there is going to be one)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: BSP: An Issue I would like to see fixed
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
deal with the fact that bsp tools are not perfect :P

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
the worst part is when u rotated it 45 degrees the texture seems warped, even too big at some times and doesn't fit properly.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 12:50:14 PM »
Jitspoe did not develop those things, and so he probably wont fix those. You might want to look for source and fix it yourself or look on net if anybody fixed it. Thats the only thing you could really do.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
you can use a different program to do rotating. It does that properly. I forget what its called or I might have even made this up. But iirc Dirtytaco does this with all of his maps for making boxes (like zpar) SO MANY BOXES.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
Dt doesn't use bsp, nor do I. Bsp sucks IMO. He used world craft  I used quark. I don't run into these rotation problems. Only downside of quark are the .wal files and you need q2 but it doesn't mess up when rotating.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:50 AM »
You mean the only downside to quark is you can't make "pr0shack" terrain.
Never used world craft.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 01:10:04 PM »
Dt doesn't use bsp, nor do I. Bsp sucks IMO. He used world craft  I used quark. I don't run into these rotation problems. Only downside of quark are the .wal files and you need q2 but it doesn't mess up when rotating.
You do have issues with wonky scaled textures all over the place, though.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
Lighting seems irregular also in some of your maps. Don't know if thats quark or just you're lighting settings.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »
It's because he's using the wrong palette file for the .wal's, so the color for reflected light is off.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 08:06:59 AM »
Another issue I would like to see fixed in BSP is the fact that sometimes brushes angled at something other than 90 degrees appear differently in BSP as they do in-game. If anyone has the time to correct this issue so that the BSP texture is correct, please do so because that would save mappers a lot of confusion.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 01:17:00 PM »
Another issue I would like to see fixed in BSP is the fact that sometimes brushes angled at something other than 90 degrees appear differently in BSP as they do in-game. If anyone has the time to correct this issue so that the BSP texture is correct, please do so because that would save mappers a lot of confusion.
I don't think I've seen than issue.  Could you post an example?