Author Topic: Question about DPBall source code  (Read 1381 times)

Matt

Question about DPBall source code
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:21:52 PM »
Hi, I e-mailed Jitspoe, but I think he is quite busy. I'll post my question I asked him here, so hopefully someone else might be able to respond!

I recently discovered your standalone Quake 2 mod after sifting through planetquake for some fun C++ learning material. I'd been wanting to tinker with a mod more and this one has proved to be quite fun. I've been playing with the Build 16 source code, but I noticed the absence of the gamex86.dll code, which from what I've read, includes "core features" of the game. Could I get a copy of this to play with, or is it not in the domain of the GPL?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Smokey

• Autococker
Re: Question about DPBall source code
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:14:31 PM »
I know that there is a file or 2 that jitspoe isnt going to realese.

TinMan

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:47:28 PM »
Matt, send me a copy of your hacked version when you're done with it, mine bores me.
K? THANX.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 01:24:29 PM »
Sorry I didn't get around to replying to that.  The gamex86 code can't be released at the moment for a few reasons.  It was created before Q2 was released under the GPL and would technically have to be rewritten under the GPL base.  There were also some developers that are no longer around that we would have to get permission from to release their code under the GPL.  Also, we've had some trouble with server admins in the past, and quite frankly I don't trust people not to code in server-side cheats.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 01:50:39 PM by jitspoe »