Author Topic: Problems with the Shortcut  (Read 1114 times)

[sp33d]

• PGP
Problems with the Shortcut
« on: July 06, 2006, 11:51:39 AM »
Hey!

I have problems with this text:

Create a shortcut to paintball2.exe (right click and drag paintball2.exe to the desktop or wherever you want the shortcut to be, then select "Create Shortcut(s) Here" from the dropdown). Right click on the shortcut and go to "Properties." Under the "Shortcut" tab, click on the "Target:" edit box. Press the END key, and add the following: " +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" (without the quotes). Make sure there's a space between the "exe" and the "+set". Now just hit OK, doubleclick on the shortcut and it should start up. It'll pop up a window with something like "====== Paintball II Initialized ======". You can copy this shortcut into your start menu under start|programs|startup and it will run every time windows loads.

Okay, i am from austria and speak german so I dont really understand that.
I have made a shortcut and what exectly do I have to do now?

If I write "edit box" in the target field then what is the END key?? I only pressed "OK". Then the window was away. Now, if i open this shortcut there is a editor with a blue backcolour. Should i write the text "+set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight" there?

I hope you can help me and understand my enlish. ;-))

I also would be glad if someone could answer me in german!

Thanks!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Problems with the Shortcut
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 12:14:57 PM »
The END key is a key on the keyboard that brings you to the end of the line.  You don't need to actually press the END key.  You can use a different method to go to the end of the line.

[sp33d]

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:20:46 PM »
You mean that i have to write that in the target field: "edit box +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map midnight"
okay i have that, but then, if i open the shortcut, there appears a editor and not paintball.

bitmate

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »
It's supposed to open an editor (aka "The Console") ;)

In German:

Zunächst fertigst du eine Kopie von der Verknüpfung von painbtall2.exe an und kopierst diese beispielsweise auf den Desktop.
Dann machst du einen Rechtsklick auf der Verknüpfung und  gehst auf "Eigentschaften". Dann ist dort eine Eingabezeile namens "Ziel" in der etwa folgendes steht: "C:\...\Spiele\paintball2_build13_full\paintball2\paintball2.exe" (mit den " "). Als nächstes schreibst du einfach " +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map blitz " dahinter (diesmal ohne die " "). Das ganze sollte dann in etwa so aussehen:
"C:\...\Spiele\paintball2_build13_full\paintball2\paintball2.exe" +set dedicated 1 +set public 1 +exec myserver.cfg +map blitz. Dann auf OK drücken.

Als nächstes doppelt auf die Verknüpfung drücken und ein Editor-Fenster sollte sich öffnen. Das ist deine Console.

[sp33d]

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 01:42:28 PM »
wow danke, es funktioniert!!!  ;)

SUCCESS!!! thanks!  ;)