Author Topic: Does any one still play pball???  (Read 4486 times)

BigDee

• PGP
Does any one still play pball???
« on: October 05, 2013, 01:16:19 PM »
I use to play pball when it was a quake 2 mod years ago just wondering if people still play. The new trend of gaming is call of duty which i tired of long ago.. still miss pball and quake 2. You Guys play? certain time? mostly clans playing? Where (what servers)? just was wondering if i should download the file to play or will it just be a waste disappointment to see no one playing any more thanks.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Re: Does any one still play pball???
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 01:22:16 PM »
Yeah People still play. But it's mostly on speed servers.
People do match regularly like everyday or so.

Nice to see an old player come back!

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »
That guys not old. This is a joke. This was his first post xD. Face palm!

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 04:16:48 PM »
These forums weren't existent when pball was a quake mod, so of course this is his first post... facepalm! About 10 clans (maybe more of less) match regularly. Community is much smaller than it was but the game is still alive on a ventilator.

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 04:21:12 PM »
no one plays this game anymore.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
We do :)

Just had a 2v2 tourny today... 4 teams :D 6 matches.

http://challonge.com/special2v2#

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 05:34:53 PM »
That guys not old. This is a joke. This was his first post xD. Face palm!

Just because he never used the forums doesn't mean he wasn't old.
Maybe he just played the game but just didn't know how to get/have a forums account.
And he finally figured out how to get one now! :D

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 05:54:13 PM »
ShAwNtHeeKiLLeR you're a joke my friend.
Mission I wish there were 10 clans which 'match regularly' but we have about 2x less.

BigDee

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 09:15:43 PM »
I use to play when I was a teenager a lot. had a clan website and server. Why did I stop? I got old lol. I use to run under the name Big D (Rod) I couldn't tell you how many people played when I did all know is the servers always had games of 6on6 24/7 on almost every server I was checking servers today I didn't see one player... But it is good to hear that you guys do still play 8)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »
I see 26 players online at the moment.  Certainly not a lot.  I don't think that the community is smaller now.  One could argue that there are actually more players than ever now.  There just aren't that many people actively playing as much.

BigDee

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 06:27:53 AM »
I'm really surprised to see that there are not more players paintballing in my imo this game has every thing one could want to have fun I wouldn't even in consider it old school the game play to me still seems funnier to play then most games. The only thing I can see it lacking is the fact it doesn't come packaged in the store with a price tag of 60 dollars and a short life span. Maybe its the fact that you don't get to choose guns at start up and have collect them on each map then start over each round, there also isn't a in game friend list but who cares when you have irc and the same incredable servers running 24/7 . Maybe I will try to get a couple of guys to play maybe my godson too it will be interesting to see him play as he is the new gamer generation he grew up playing ps3

BigDee

• PGP
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 07:03:30 AM »
There is no American servers for the game? I would be interested in starting one but not sure if my connection is good enough I have cable I know I could upgrade to a faster tier say 5mb upload... Currently its 15 down 1 up

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 07:06:32 AM »
There is no American servers for the game? I would be interested in starting one but not sure if my connection is good enough I have cable I know I could upgrade to a faster tier say 5mb upload... Currently its 15 down 1 up

That should be enough to run an american server :)

------

Back on topic:

------
When I joined (Last october: October 03, 2012), I was put off with the whole irc/console thing. I just didn't understand it.

Not all newbies visit the forum either. That's what I had to do to understand it all, but at first, I almost left because of this. Maybe there could be clear instructions on the console and irc either on the tutorial ingame or on the landing page somewhere. Anywhere that gets a lot of traffic.

I've seen many newbies just play the game now, for one map - E.g. italy. I spoke to this guy on ts3 who played it every day with his nephew or little brother, not sure exactly. But he
#Didn't understand the console
#Didn't now how people ran so fast and jumped so high and thought they were hackers ^^
#Didn't know ANY other maps.
#Didn't know about the match scene
#Didn't know about DPLogin

I found this interesting, maybe you would too, or maybe you already knew. But what can we do about this?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »
There is no American servers for the game?
Superman's Servers and Prozak ones are up.
Also, Boots Server and a few others...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 11:38:11 AM »
There are over 20 American servers currently up.

BigDee

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2013, 11:39:10 AM »
Nice. I just need to download the game... Do I need to download game spy to get the server list or is it in game browsers server list....  just looking at quakeservers.com for players and servers could be why I don't see supermans server. Thank you for all the 411 (info)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2013, 11:41:37 AM »
The game comes with a server browser, plus there's an in-game server browser.

BigDee

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
It's too bad there wasn't a link on this site with server info that is updated so ppl interesting in playing can see them with people playing on them.... Maybe a bad idea but I didn't see the servers....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:33 AM »
Just install the game and fire up the server browser. :P

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2013, 02:26:48 PM »
When I joined (Last october: October 03, 2012), I was put off with the whole irc/console thing. I just didn't understand it.
That's why i opted for making start screen, because now it's superannoying with "HI, oh here is how you move, now do cj." Start screen with explanation would help.