Author Topic: Mouse2 button reacts on both release and press the same way  (Read 2108 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
Mouse2 button reacts on both release and press the same way
« on: October 25, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
As the topic says, i am sure the problem is with mouse, but probably not hardware wise(i dont have any issues with it so far in windows or other games). When i press mouse2 (i use it for jumping so its pretty crucial), sometimes paintball wont react on button press but only after i release it.
I installed latest drivers for my mouse, tried [X] Raw input checkbox (no idea what that does, just felt like it could help ^^). Also tried using diferent USB slot.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Mouse2 button reacts on both release and press the same way
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 01:49:08 PM »
By button 2 you mean right click?  Have you tried holding down the right mouse button in other applications to see if it has the same behavior? (Ex: right clicking should bring down the context menu on release in most programs).  Do you have any aliases set up that might be affecting it?

Raw input applies to mouse movement and ensures that windows settings do not affect the raw mouse data.  If it works (might not work on some older versions of Windows), you should use it.

What mouse are you using?

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 01:57:13 PM »
By button 2 you mean right click?  Have you tried holding down the right mouse button in other applications to see if it has the same behavior? (Ex: right clicking should bring down the context menu on release in most programs).  Do you have any aliases set up that might be affecting it?

What mouse are you using?
Yes, right click. Also yes, I tried using it in windows without any noticable issues. I am working on my pc with this mouse all day and first issue i noticed with it was when i opened paintball. I am gonna try it on diferent computer to see if it does the same (although it didnt like 2 days agp). But for now i am using diferent mouse and it works just fine (kinda starting to think that its hardware problem honestly)

Roccat Kone [ + ]

EDIT:Nvm, its hardware problem. Just tested it on another pc and it does exactly the same thing (although it didnt do it on the same pc 2 days ago). So pretty sure its hardware. Pretty surprised i didnt notice anything in windows and other applications tho.

rockitude

• Committee Member
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 02:28:38 PM »
Haha, I have the same mouse and had the same problems on my old notebook. I should test it again too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »
I've seen several mice start to have issues with the buttons.  The microswitches wear out or start getting poor contacts.  Usually it happens the left button, since it's more frequently used.

2 possible ways to fix this, but they may be challenging:

1) Open the mouse up and carefully disassemble the microswitch.  Be careful not to break any of the plastic tabs or lose any parts, as they may spring out.  Sand the contacts with some super fine (like 400 grit) sand paper until they're shiny.  Reassemble.

2) Search for what type of microswitches are used in the mouse and order replacements from something like mouser.com.  Open the mouse, desolder the existing microswitch, and solder in the replacement.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2013, 04:16:16 PM »
This happened to me before I got a mouse and used a trackpad on my laptop.
When I first got this game, I didn't know that you could hold down the button for shooting to just keep on shooting. So I excessively left-clicked and left-clicked on my trackpad and after a couple of months, it stopped working.
I bought a mouse to fix the problem though :)
But yet, sometimes I just test out my left-click button on the trackpad, and it responds (on any program I have) sometimes, and other times it doesn't.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 04:45:18 PM »
I've seen several mice start to have issues with the buttons.  The microswitches wear out or start getting poor contacts.  Usually it happens the left button, since it's more frequently used.

2 possible ways to fix this, but they may be challenging:

1) Open the mouse up and carefully disassemble the microswitch.  Be careful not to break any of the plastic tabs or lose any parts, as they may spring out.  Sand the contacts with some super fine (like 400 grit) sand paper until they're shiny.  Reassemble.

2) Search for what type of microswitches are used in the mouse and order replacements from something like mouser.com.  Open the mouse, desolder the existing microswitch, and solder in the replacement.

Well challenging or not, its either this or trash so w/e :D (I cant register complaint anymore, 2long).

Right button is more frequently used for me, as i said, I jump with it so i press it so many times compared to just holding left button.

Thanks for the tips, I will certainly try them out.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 02:10:47 AM »
Logitech, nothing more to say.