Author Topic: I'm done with Google.  (Read 10857 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I'm done with Google.
« on: October 28, 2013, 04:05:38 PM »
This weekend I was trying to figure out which way I needed to turn the allen key in the breach of my rev-i to unscrew it and remove the bolt, so I searched google.

What a waste of time.

It seems like anything I search for on google these days gives me completely unrelated results.  Clearly when I searched for "unscrew rev-i", what I really wanted was reviews for laser hair removal.  Thanks for nothing, Google.  I miss Altavista.  It actually found websites that contained the terms you searched for.

I'm trying out DuckDuckGo now.  So far it seems better.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
Re: I'm done with Google.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 06:39:39 PM »
The problem with Google is that when you say one thing they think you mean another. I don't see "removal" nor "review" in your search query, and yet it is highlighted in bold in the results. Google assumes the user is dumb and that he/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about, which ironically makes Google the ones who are dumb and uneducated. I've been frustrated with problems along these lines but nothing this extreme.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 07:04:21 PM »
C'mon Google, I thought you could do better.
I don't really use Google that much because I have bookmarked sites I always go to/and or I type in the first letter of what I'm looking for and it autofills with the url.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 11:20:24 AM »
We all know Google is massively spying on us. They know pretty much everything about us. I therefore think the search results are pretty accurate.

Google must have thought he was looking for some serious unscrewing. However, nobody can get unscrewed without being screwed before. Google also knows Jitspoe has way too much body hair to ever get screwed, so this is what he came up with.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:42:33 PM »
We all know Google is massively spying on us. They know pretty much everything about us. I therefore think the search results are pretty accurate.

Google must have thought he was looking for some serious unscrewing. However, nobody can get unscrewed without being screwed before. Google also knows Jitspoe has way too much body hair to ever get screwed, so this is what he came up with.
^ Jitspoe just admit that you were initially searching for hair removal products, P-jimmy caught u red handed, and google is the proof....
NOONE can lie to google.

OT: Go home google, your drunk.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 07:13:29 AM »

this is quality

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 09:44:27 AM »
http://www.thechurchofgoogle.org/Scripture/how_to_use_google.html

This site will help you. 

A quick tip:  Use "+" when trying to find the answers to questions like the one your are asking. 

Example:   rev-i paintball + allen key                      first result = rev-i user manual  (which is probably exactly what you were looking for)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:53 PM »

Possibly post of the year...

However, Google has already screwed me with the whole adsense thing, so it's not entirely accurate. (Another reason I'm done with Google).

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 05:18:05 PM »
So I've discovered Google actually has a "Verbatim" setting:  Click "Search Tools", click the "All Results" drop-down, and select "Verbatim".

Enjoy your actually-relevant results.

I wonder if there's a way to enable this by default.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
And now Google has completely screwed over Youtube comments, trying to shove Google+ down everybody's throat.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
Yeah, it makes another "e-mail" for you that you're unlikely going to use.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 10:02:22 PM »
I don't know what Google is trying to accomplish with their new g+ comment system. YT has so many problems and their comment system was not one of them; why try to "fix" the comment system when you could actually fix the incapabilities of the YouTube video editor or deal with the spam sites that give people who sign up a whole bunch of fake subscribers?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 09:46:48 AM »
I don't know what Google is trying to accomplish with their new g+ comment system. YT has so many problems and their comment system was not one of them; why try to "fix" the comment system when you could actually fix the incapabilities of the YouTube video editor or deal with the spam sites that give people who sign up a whole bunch of fake subscribers?

I'm neither using youtube nor google+, but it's probably not meant to fix any bugs. Google+ was released quite a while ago now and I'm not hearing anything about it nowadays. By forcing YT users to register a google+ account in order to reply, they probably hope more people will start using google+ too.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 10:46:47 AM »
Google is like a calculator. Calculators always work the way they're made If you're doing something wrong it's your fault.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 02:00:37 PM »
Google is like a calculator. Calculators always work the way they're made If you're doing something wrong it's your fault.
I've never used a calculator and been like, "2+3", and it's like, "Did you mean 2+2?  The answer is 4".

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 01:11:55 AM »

deadfroggy

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 06:51:30 AM »
Tbh i dont even know how to make a gmail or some excrement without my phone number, google + etc. Its complete crap. Going with hotmail and bing for now. :D

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 11:58:39 AM »
The Phone number stuff is excellent! You got it saver and very save against people who hacked your password...

Its just awesome how google is save!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 02:34:18 PM »
Profanity warning (potentially NSFW language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTq8TrA3hb4

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »
...And now I've got that song stuck in my head. And a better look at Google.