Author Topic: Odd Grenades  (Read 2406 times)

Ace

• Autococker
Odd Grenades
« on: November 12, 2013, 06:52:38 AM »
Seemed like the grenades were going a in less than the normal arch. And he was able to toss them across bombsaway by just throwing them normally. Maybe I'm crazy, but it seems a little iffy.

player name: squeeze

I'll post more if you want them.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Odd Grenades
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
Was your sv_gravity set lower than the normal 800?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 04:03:55 PM »
Nope, gravity was normal, it was in the "crack the pgp" server.
That was my first thought too when I rewatched the demo.
He also threw double grenades on occasion, with identical arcs. I don't have a demo of this one.
I'll keep a look out, and try to snag demos on a different map if I can.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 07:52:10 PM »
I've seen others throw double grenades with identical arcs too. I think that is just a matter of skill. But I wanna learn how to do that.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 12:06:20 AM »
I think this type of throwing is going forward, throw, and go back again... That's how I throw nades too...

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 02:47:05 PM »
I've seen others throw double grenades with identical arcs too. I think that is just a matter of skill. But I wanna learn how to do that.
I think this type of throwing is going forward, throw, and go back again... That's how I throw nades too...

I know the main method of grenading, and some of the throws follow it. I was more worried when I saw him hit the other side while standing still.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, 10:11:55 PM »
I know the main method of grenading, and some of the throws follow it. I was more worried when I saw him hit the other side while standing still.
Looks like he made a potentially suicidal jump up the hill, threw, then hit a teammate, which stopped his velocity, but let him throw further.