Author Topic: Players can join a passworded server when bots are present and all slots are full  (Read 5749 times)

FusSioN

• Autococker
I have these clan trainings when suddenly a player comes in the server! (prozak 1) even if I put number codes won't do. These are players that connected while we are training: Fnuffle and CroatiaFighter, (same time) and HDmI and shanis12 (same time)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
Re: Prozak match servers are really hackable
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 09:31:15 PM »
Clipz! Run some better servers >:O
FusSioN! Set some better passwords >:O
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:06:01 PM by LaZeRs »

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 11:41:24 AM »
Training, train, match or fun aren't good passwords.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:06:06 PM »
Im gonna look into this now... I dont think anyone is "hacking" them. You're just making simple pw's.

EDIT: This player has never connected before, you must have gave him the PW. I checked his ip and it is a new one. Also, you're adding bots and not removing them. I told you to remove them or im going to make it so you cant add bots.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 09:32:16 PM »
Clipz! Run some better servers >:O
FusSioN! Set some better passwords >:O
Training, train, match or fun aren't good passwords.
=)
Im gonna look into this now... I dont think anyone is "hacking" them. You're just making simple pw's.

EDIT: This player has never connected before, you must have gave him the PW. I checked his ip and it is a new one. Also, you're adding bots and not removing them. I told you to remove them or im going to make it so you cant add bots.
What's the connection of the bots from myy passwords and their connections?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »
Just go on a different match server for your tryouts if this keeps happening.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
Just go on a different match server for your tryouts if this keeps happening.
It only happens on a prozak server.... not on superman's... maybe because of bot? Me and my friends love killing bots... so dont remove it pls.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 09:39:04 PM »
What are you trying to prove? You say it only happens on a prozak server, so just go on a different server (like you said, Superman's)...

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 10:50:04 PM »
What are you trying to prove? You say it only happens on a prozak server, so just go on a different server (like you said, Superman's)...
ok ok.... chill its not your clan =)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 08:21:04 AM »
The problem is lazers I give out 100 op and others don't so he can't add bots there.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 08:54:10 AM »
Okay, Clipz.
I usually just guess the passwords to match servers if there's no servers to go on. ;D

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »
Okay, Clipz.
I usually just guess the passwords to match servers if there's no servers to go on. ;D
I don't make the passwords! I agree the ones people set are usually easy though!

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 06:16:58 PM »
I wonder if it's possible that, with a server full of bots, a player can join and replace a bot and not get kicked for no password.

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
I wonder if it's possible that, with a server full of bots, a player can join and replace a bot and not get kicked for no password.
Is it a bot bug?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2013, 08:32:00 PM »
If so, maybe you shouldn't put bots on while your renting prozak servers anymore...

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2013, 08:58:58 PM »
If so, maybe you shouldn't put bots on while your renting prozak servers anymore...
Or just dont fill the server with bots... only use 5 instead of 9.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2013, 09:46:43 PM »
Right I just had a go at this, and might have replicated it, and some other stuff as well.

Started a server with pw, added 7 bots to hit maxclients.  Joined from another PC, there was no pw needed, and name of bot changed to name of new player.  Then tried reconnecting, but needed a pw this time and every time after.  Tried with 2 bots, so maxclients wasn't reached, joined and could still enter without password, but only on first attempt.  Server was running build 38.  Also couldn't see the scoreboard from the player that didn't need to enter the password (happened with 2 and 7 bots).  Also whilst running the password server, shep also managed to join without a pw, and also couldn't see the scoreboard.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »
Right I just had a go at this, and might have replicated it, and some other stuff as well.

Started a server with pw, added 7 bots to hit maxclients.  Joined from another PC, there was no pw needed, and name of bot changed to name of new player.  Then tried reconnecting, but needed a pw this time and every time after.  Tried with 2 bots, so maxclients wasn't reached, joined and could still enter without password, but only on first attempt.  Server was running build 38.  Also couldn't see the scoreboard from the player that didn't need to enter the password (happened with 2 and 7 bots).  Also whilst running the password server, shep also managed to join without a pw, and also couldn't see the scoreboard.
Hmm so I just need to remember to update?

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 10:23:38 PM »
Hmm so I just need to remember to update?
Maybe updating/downgrading would help, but I'm not sure that it is the issue.  Just had a go again, this time only happened when maxed out with bots (except 1 player on computer server was running on).  I could connect once without a password on another computer, then if I tried to connect again without closing pball, I could not without pw.  Restart pball, and I could connect again, but only once.  If I remove some bots, attempt to connect again, need a pw no matter what.  Max out with bots again, and I can enter without pw, but again, only once per run of pball.  So yes, your solution of not filling the server with bots seems to be valid from what I've tested so far.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2013, 11:08:32 AM »
Ok, that's what I was afraid of.  When a server is full of bots, players end up overriding one of the bot slots.  I'm not sure if this will continue to be an issue because I'm completely rewriting the bot code.  We'll see.  I'm moving this to the bugs and feedback section and renaming the thread for now.