Author Topic: 1s Confusion  (Read 2178 times)

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
1s Confusion
« on: December 01, 2013, 01:38:48 PM »
Hey guys. Recently, I played a 1s against a noob named Fluk3. I beat him like 50-20 on my map which was wobluda, and i beat him 50-36 on his map which was remenissions. I told him I won and then he said that he won because a 1s is based on kills. He had 5 kills and i had like 4 on both maps. He later wanted a rematch and said it would be first to 10 kills. Is a 1s based on who gets more kills or the final score? Please tell your opinion.

EPICFACE

• PGP
Re: 1s Confusion
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »
it was based on the kills even

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 01:42:13 PM »
actually its based on the scores at the end of a map.
you have to win 2:0 or 2:1
if you win 1 map and lose 1 you have to decide together what tiemap you will play. who wins this map wins the 1s.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 01:43:16 PM »
yes. That means i won the original 1s. this fluk3 guy is a nub.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »
It should normally be based on the score, because that's how most matches are. The person with the highest score wins. They would have 1:0 or 2:0/2:1 depending on which part of the match they won. So yes, you won the first 1s.
But in your case, your 2nd 1s was based on kills, not score. And you both knew that. You both agreed to 1s based on kills on the second one, so I think Fluk3 won that because he had more kills than you.

In general, I think a 1s is based on score rather than kills, because grabbing and capturing the flag is a major part of the game as well as killing.

Last thing: Learn to have good sportsmanship and stop calling people nubs.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 01:45:29 PM »
So yeah. i won. he was so sad he had defeat that he wanted to play a second 1s. i won the REAL 1s. GG Fluk3

EPICFACE

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 01:47:43 PM »
shawn u dont have very good sportsmanship its just game and u always forfeit like almost every matches

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
does that have to really do with this?

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 04:22:26 AM »
Just think about it a little. Logically its based on map scores not kills. Its really easy to just trade flags on some maps eg.:remissions,prolandr,tatras,pp1,...

Also, 1v1 is basically 2v2 but 2 players short ^^. And i have never seen 2v2 being based on kills, it would be impossible to even try to play tactically, once team would get lead in kills, they would just sit base or trade flags and they would win most of the time. And if you played matches based on kills, it would be bad for team who is behind to even grab which would be totally irlogical (is it ir- ?).

does that have to really do with this?
So yeah. i won. he was so sad he had defeat that he wanted to play a second 1s. i won the REAL 1s. GG Fluk3
Does this have?
You already said this once, no need to repeat yourself, also no need to call him nub or w/e, he just simply doesnt understand how 1v1 works. And if you are basing your 'name' calling on the fact, that you have stomped the match against, then i could have done the same with you and i am pretty sure you wouldnt like it, but guess what, i didnt do it ;).