Author Topic: |-210| New Years Cup!  (Read 36768 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: |-210| New Years Cup!
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
Myers: at least we continued the DR34M tradition of beating inte :p

Btw get on ts3 you should really talk to shk and myself...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2013, 07:17:24 PM »
Next time you run a tourney you should specify that first teams to join get to pick servers before teams sign up. Not saying the outcome would of been different. Most tourneys are all EU and none are NA. It is more fair all on EU but some one should host it on NA sometime. I'd love to see some of these teams play on NA. Especially lukii's team who think they are good but can't make it past the third round.
I think announcing after was a smart idea, as it made sure that teams were signing up to play, rather than signing up to save a spot just in case.

Well done to trio for winning the tourney! Looks like it was an easy win!

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #122 on: December 28, 2013, 07:36:17 PM »
Next time you run a tourney you should specify that first teams to join get to pick servers before teams sign up. Not saying the outcome would of been different. Most tourneys are all EU and none are NA. It is more fair all on EU but some one should host it on NA sometime. I'd love to see some of these teams play on NA. Especially lukii's team who think they are good but can't make it past the third round.
HOW GAMES WILL BE PLAYED

Since people have their own schedule, the teams must meet up and discuss a time to play. The first (and possibly 2nd, if we get more than 4 teams) can be played anytime on the Saturday, and the finals (and possibly semifinals, if we get more than 4 teams) can be played anytime on Sunday for both weekends. You must post screenshots of your matches, whether it's here or on a good photo sharing site.

Here's how teams from the same/different regions will play.
In a match where the teams are both EU (Europe), matches will be played on: #sPec# Servers.
In a match where the teams are both NA (North American), matches will be played on: #Prozak Servers.
In a match where one team is EU and one team is NA, matches will be played on the server of the first team who registered as a team for the tourney. For example, if team 1 (team that was the first to register) was playing team 2 (team that was the second to register), and team 1 was North American while team 2 was European, team 1 would have the pick of choosing their server (NA - Prozak, or EU - sPec). This applies to all other regions of the world. So if team 1 was slovakian and team 2 was chinese, the slovakian team would get to choose the server they want to play on.
(Please, when registering, say what region dominates your team, so if you had two EU's and one NA, you would say your team is EU.)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2013, 07:48:06 PM »
you wrote all that after teams started signing up...

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2013, 08:27:28 PM »
2) DR34M's actual lineup already dominates every EU team whilst playing on EU servers, it's easy as is... don't give us another advantage. If anything, try to DDOS DR34M members when we're playing. Please, when our real lineup is playing, try to give us disadvantages so it's not so easy. Thanks.
Or you could just let Clipz play lul.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
you wrote all that after teams started signing up...
Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why you should keep reading the thread once in a while for updates. :-\ And it wasn't before your  team signed up, right? ;)

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2013, 10:24:16 PM »
^ Regardless, a tournament should be well thought out and have everything stated in the original post - BEFORE any signups happen. You shouldn't change ANYTHING once the first team has signed up.

That's how a real tournament would be run. But this isn't a game where it really matters so yolo right

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2013, 10:37:02 PM »
Yes, I'm aware of that. That's why you should keep reading the thread once in a while for updates. :-\ And it wasn't before your  team signed up, right? ;)

Yeah, just like i said i couldn't play because i would of been gone 2nd weekend and you never noticed that :P Its all good tho man.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #128 on: December 28, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »
I am currently editing the tourney website so it has all of the details for next weekend's tournament on it. Hopefully, looking here will explain at least all of the big chunks.

EDIT: Updated my website. Should be no problem getting what you need now. However, if you would like, I will put the information back here.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:04:24 AM by LaZeRs »

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2013, 05:18:48 AM »
Get JMR or another for help. noturning came at the end of the tourney and you failed a bit.

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2013, 06:41:27 AM »
We offered to play bo3 newbs

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2013, 07:29:59 AM »
We offered to play bo3 newbs

bo3 in finals and semifinals would be cool
and maybe you should delete some maps from maplist, because only wob, pfo, pp1 and air1 were played

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2013, 08:03:13 AM »
Yep, finals/semifinals should always be different to the other matches, because it gets the most attention from viewers.
Also the maplist wasnt that good. We basically played only pforest whole tourney, because there werent any other maps we would prefer. If there was eg. renoir/sass added, it would lead to wider map choices at least for our team (ye we played wobluda, but that was just our bad, we didnt decide on elims we just wrote w/e we thought of and ended up playing wob, even tho it wasnt really tactical ^^).

As for the server choice, we had the right by rules to choose server (we registered before you did). Because we felt like it wasnt fair to play finals on eu server, we offered you to play BO3 while switching servers.
The rule about server deciding is pretty weird too. I think you should make it that team which is seeded higher in brackets gets the server choice.

And more thing, having even number of maps makes elimination weird, you basically deprive a team one elimination.
Leme give you an example, if there were 4 maps:
Team 1 eliminates 1 > 3 maps left
Team 2 eliminates 1 > 2 maps left
Team 1 eliminates 1 > the remaining map is played
so not only Team 1 gets to pick the map they want to play from the 2 remaining, they also can eliminate 2 times while Team 1 eliminates only once > not fair for the Team 2.

Otherwise good tournament, those issues i pointed out were kinda minor and we still played it through and it was fun to play. Just fix the things above and it will be even better next time.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2013, 09:48:13 AM »
I think you should pick the maps for each round prior so every team had the same chance of playing most maps. I think the elimination is the only downfall from jmrs tourneys.

Bo3 was offered but rules were rules, I was trying to give a smart ass remark and I think that trio didn't like it. Nice tourney other wise, like always it comes down to us vs trio though you should really just give us byes to the finals for bo3 next time.

#prozaez #ew(cantspell) #1luckiefan

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2013, 09:59:44 AM »
I think you should pick the maps for each round prior so every team had the same chance of playing most maps. I think the elimination is the only downfall from jmrs tourneys.
I was thinking the team who registered first/team with a lower ranking just picks a map, and then the game starts from there.

And prozajik, I almost did the semifinals/finals on a different day, so things would've been alot different if those matches were today.

Thanks for your helpful points, prozajik and Clipz. I will try to fix them.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #135 on: December 29, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »
Added .cReat., >og<, and >og2< to the teams list.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2013, 08:48:46 PM »
Added [] to the teams list.
That's 4 teams! We can officially start the tournament this weekend! (January 4th)

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 08:59:37 PM »
what up with creat having 4 players and a sub? isnt it 3v3 tourney?

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2013, 09:01:43 PM »
what up with creat having 4 players and a sub? isnt it 3v3 tourney?
Sorry, didn't notice. Fixed it.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2014, 10:28:20 PM »
**ATTENTION: SIGNUPS ARE DUE ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 3RD AT 12 PM EASTERN US TIME**