Author Topic: How do I make a pball or mIRC server?  (Read 1608 times)

F3AR

• VM-68
How do I make a pball or mIRC server?
« on: July 11, 2006, 04:32:38 PM »
could someone help me with setting up a mIRC server

maybe give me a tut on it, thanks in advanced.

also how to set up a server for pball.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 01:57:03 AM by webhead »

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: I guess this goes here
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 04:52:02 PM »
You shouldn't have any trouble figuring out how to set up a dedicated server if you look around the forums some, or look for how to set up a quake 2 server.

And why do you want to set up an IRC server?

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:22:35 AM »
IRC i just want to be able to comunicate with some people i got in to this game since i cant see what people say untill build 17 is out.

And i would set up a teamspeak server, its just noone has it and im pretty sure they would be a little annoyed when they first set it up (I know I Was)

but im gunna see about setting up a server.

edit-
Well i see how to set up a server via my own computer but the reason i need a server is for private matches which i want to play in, so any ideas?

MosheD

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 05:23:07 AM »

By setting up a irc server, do you want to talk on a server, that exists, or make an own one?
If you want to use a server, that is already up, try EnterTheGame. The dpball community got the main channel #paintball there. If you don't know, how to connect to a server, make sure to read the wiki
( http://digitalpaint.planetquake.gamespy.com/testwiki1/pb2wiki.php?word=IRC+Guide )

better use EnterTheGame and register a own channel. setting up an own server would be a bit difficult

tsĀ²server: http://www.goteamspeak.com/index.php?page=downloads download the teamspeak2 server packet, and follow the intruductions

F3AR

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 10:38:50 AM »
Teamspeak is the one thing i know how to set up, my main thing is a pball server w/o having to use my computer as a dedicated server.