Author Topic: Frozen Crystals by Open_War (Beta 4)  (Read 9633 times)

promarijan

• VM-68
Frozen Crystals by Open_War (Beta 4)
« on: January 01, 2014, 02:38:07 PM »
I just want to share with you my self created map that should be great for matching and fun play!
This map contains crystals and snow combined with futuristic hallways and objects such as platforms.

I wanted to have a few things on a map like speed,low,BD,antispeed and a one-way ramp...

There is nothing more to say about it, so feel free to give me feedback!

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1L0mFInil5-MUc5VmRjekFjVmc/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:26:12 AM by open_war »

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Frozen Crystals by Open_War (Beta 3)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 02:42:51 PM »
There is no download link on here... just for jpg's

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »
I cant upload the .bsp ile because this forum system sucks for german... Ping or whatelse is too bad...
Cant get it uploaded Ill do first via Drive... Lame :/

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 02:44:42 PM »
Upload it to an upload website...

http://www.2shared.com/

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 02:46:39 PM »
...No...

I already uploaded it official... I know how to get my things to the world but thanks anyway... And i think that i couldnt use this too what you sent me...

Anyways just now have fun with my Map!

EDIT: Now the map is also in a .zip file included...

stomper

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 03:45:47 PM »
i like this one tho it's a really tiny ^.^
texture combination is cool too.

only things that were annyoing to me were:
1) the dirt ramp from low-ice to high bd (or what u whant to call it) is buggy imo.
2) add some clip-brushes to the crystals otherwise u can get stuck easily

hope that helps :)

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
@Stomper

2.The Crystals had been fixed in beta 3 so there had been no place for stuck at any time...

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »
The paths are unbalanced. The indoor path with lots of metal takes a lot longer than the others. My suggestion: shorten that path significantly or remove the blockade with the jump of the other side so there's a way to get over/across it. You should make the map larger as it's too small right now. Otherwise, great work!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 04:40:36 PM »
BD is especially longer than the other ones... It shouldnt be the same as speed or whatever...
BD is just the "last chance" to get to the base.

The main ways are balanced (low-main,speed,antispeed if you get it)

I try to push the bases into the wall but i dont know if i really want this...

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »
The map size is fine imo, it would be a good pub map. Yeah you should fix up the paths to make them more balanced but they are not that bad.

The speed ramps should have a dj on the other side so you can go over that section as well.

Aveiro

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 05:17:46 PM »
My suggestion: shorten that path significantly or remove the blockade with the jump of the other side so there's a way to get over/across it.

U can do dj from mid over this blockade.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2014, 07:33:26 PM »
The ginger creator of neon talks about unbalanced paths L0LLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Neon final does a better job of balancing the paths than some of the earlier betas

Back door path will be seldom used just because it takes so much longer than the other paths. IMO, back doors should only take slightly longer than normal paths at most. Yours takes WAY longer.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 02:19:21 AM »
One important thing is!

Ive not done some work to items such as ammo or other things...
Ill do this in beta 4 with some other small things!

Actually i use the DJ from mid over the blockade very often and i like it but you need the djscript to get it work everytime! Maybe i will try a little box there (32³Units).

Other thing about the size of the map.
I really like the size atm and i dont think that it would be good to make it longer! The r_speeds are high enough though and i dont want to get higher!

Tip: If you like to play this map with high fps, disable reflective water temporary! With Open//Menu you can do this via the statusbar quick!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 02:25:34 AM »
Now i released Beta 4!

Ive redone the Base which looks now lot better and you cant grab from Ice directly if you are very fast!
AND i moved the BD into the wall so its now kind of shorter... Tried to get it more balanced!

A little blocker is on main for those who jump to fast from the other ice.

On high i added an antenna as decoration.

In general i aligned some wooden textures!

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
Re: Frozen Crystals by Open_War (Beta 4)
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 07:03:18 AM »
Looks really nice, but here are some things I'd like to see changed/added.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2014, 07:59:33 AM »
@Matze

Pic1=is ok that will come in beta 5!

Pic2=you cant stuck in there anymore in beta 4... You can now run towards the staircase and you will be pushed out to get on the stairs! So thats ok how it is now!

Pic3=I disagree... Because it would be in the air when you look at the back! I will do a little platform with wood or something to get it on a flat thing...

And i try to get items in beta 5... I forgot it in beta 4, what a shame :/

MaTzeMR

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 08:17:19 AM »
Oh, my bad, I didnt notice that you cant get stcuk in b4! Sorry!

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »
Open war, you really should put more effort into maps. You said you made this in 2.5 days. No offense if you were trying to brag by saying that it's pathetic. Because I could make this in 2.5 hours and it would look better. Add more detail to your maps. Have less empty space! Just like every other mapper you add ice for no darn reason. The low in the Lego map, no need for ice, same with the ice on here. All of you newer mappers do the same dumb excrement now. Get creative, your Lego map was a cool idea but your concept of game play is horrid.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2014, 02:22:04 AM »
OK... On the Legomap the low is kind of awful but this low is nice with ice...

Have you ever played with 4 people? I think no... But i did very often! The ice is very important on this map though and has to be there to be a complete map...

I did in "idk" days just the main terrain...
Everything other, design and objects i did later and then it took about a week or more.
And maybe we just ignore something that has been deleted in the mainpost!

Why do you think now that this map sucks? You never played it! I got excellent feedback on my private server from a lot players and not only my friends. So i dont think that the map is bad at all!

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2014, 04:13:33 PM »
You got feed back from FRIENDS. Enough said there, this is not a matching map. It takes no skills and I can cap on newbies all day on it. The ice is dumb. Why would you even go low? It's useless. Your bd path is terrible, and completely useless. The ballance of the paths are not good. That's why I said a decent pub map. It won't ever make it in the match scene. Take your time with future maps, have god players beta test them and not friends. Friends won't tell you what's wrong and will only say good job. No offense your friends probably don't understand game play or what a nice map actually is.

I'm not the best mapper my terrain sucks but my maps were and still are played everyday. Just don't rush a map for the sake of finishing it. Draw it if you need to. Make ballenced paths. BD doesn't need to be a mile long. Idk why baseball dude says it should be longer. It's an alternative path to counter camping. If you make it longer guess what you can still camp easy.

Not to be a complete detective but that's why this map and baseballdudes won't ever get played. Yes it looks alright and yes your mapping is getting better but your in game knowledge of game play and where to put what paths are horrible. You both can't ballence anything in your maps at all.

I have no motivation to map but seeing the stuff you guys release now makes me want to put time into terrain and make a map again. I could make a map in a few hours and it would get played before neon, New York, Legos or this.