Author Topic: Promoting paintball  (Read 6436 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Promoting paintball
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:26:11 PM »
Hello people,

Thought I'd give you all some inspiration.

The past few weeks, I have been spending hours inviting new players to join the game. Be it random teamspeak3 servers, people from twitter and even people from twitch.

Well, I've got good news. I've managed to get in contact with 2 major streamers: http://www.twitch.tv/thegreatgq and http://www.twitch.tv/whisenhunt.

I made thegreatgq a logo for his streams and he said thanks then I asked him if he'd check this game out, he said he'd think about it.

I then asked whisenhunt if he'd check the game out and linked him to a video of one of the 3v3 tournaments I had held. He said he'd defiantly check it out later and I am now waiting to hear back from him.

All I can say guys, is, this year, prepare for new players :) I will be putting my best into promoting.

-JMR

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
Re: Promoting paintball
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
The Best way for Promoting Paintball is Google Adwords, 100% effective, 100% fast and 100% expensive. But if you ll put investment about 1000 $ ... on potential words like paintball or quake, new players will be coming.

Marketing is very easy, but you need so much money, if you want potential clients/players. 1000$ will bring here from 100 to 700 new players... but who know, maybe they will be players like for 1 week and it will be boring for them then.

We can donate to jitspoe via this website some cash, but this is really expensive way for bringing new players (but effective too).

The better way is promoting it on youtube (making more and more videos, sharing it to all friends), maybe... if some cool letsplayer with a lot of subscribers on youtube will play this game, then a lot of new players will be here... MAYBE.

EDIT: If is here some good blogger, it will not be bad, if he will make blog about Digital Paintball 2, with youtube videos, text, links, etc. But it must be really good blogger, who can easily got his blog on first google page after typing into search place: Paintball, Paintball2, Digital Paintball, or Quake. Keywords, sentences, H1 H2 H3 H4 H5... texts, named Pictures, links... hard work.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »
According to jitspoe, the problem isn't actually getting player to install game, but to play and enjoy it.
I know newbie players like you want to help, but problem isn't where you are looking. Problem is missing place like wiki where everyone can read how to do stuff (that's why I asked so much about wiki). Another problem is newbies not being able to understand game, that's why jitspoe started tutorial map, but I think he haven't designed it correctly, it's just annoying.
Thats why I insisted on working on things that aren't finished (tutorial, wiki and then hr4) because those are needed, not very hard and already started. Thats also why I discouraged from starting ACEBots redo ("singleplayer" is first option on uninstall survey, also old ACEBots were working without major flaws).
But I don't know anything, nor does jitspoe, surely people that uninstall game will know best where is problem, or some newbies like JMR or ChrisBrown (not guys that I want to be rude, but you are new). However I will stay with what I said: First finish old stuff, then get to do new stuff.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 01:20:51 PM »
This tutorial need to be better.... when I started playing it, it's so annoying. Maybe some added ghost player... to this tutorial will not be a bad idea. He(newbie) can repeat all moves from this ghost.

Btw: new here on forum, but no prob.

(Playing from 2008), Registered: 2009/2010? Idk, Registered on forum: 2012.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 02:02:33 PM »
Thats also why I discouraged from starting ACEBots redo ("singleplayer" is first option on uninstall survey, also old ACEBots were working without major flaws).

Wat.... "old ACEBots were working without major flaws".  If you don't consider being completely useless a major flaw then sure...

Here is the real "issue":

This game is hard.  It has a very steep learning curve.  Simply doing a tutorial or reading a wiki isn't enough to properly learn how to play the game, no matter how good the tutorial or wiki is.

Many of the people here spent years developing their skills and learning the game.  Those people are the ones who got hooked the first time they played.  Unfortunately it isn't realistic to expect everyone that plays to be hooked instantly.

This is the main reason why single player is requested so much on the uninstall surveys.  These players would rather play against an opponent they can handle (difficulty setting on bots) rather than getting completely stomped every time they play online.  Losing over and over isn't fun, especially when your opponents move so fast you have almost no chance to hit them.  

There are rarely complaints about the actual gameplay, I think everyone agrees that it is great.  
Giving new players a safe environment to learn the game is very important.  Once they actually know how to play I am sure many of them would love to jump into multi-player games.

Imagine if we had a nice single player campaign, where in the first few levels it taught the games concepts one by one.  The missions getting progressively harder.  Then after they reach the end every player should have a good understanding the game.  Missions could include introductions to basic concepts, game modes, jumping tutorials (time trials, races, escape the bot., etc..)

This is why I think a competent AI is very important step towards promoting this game.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »
Wat.... "old ACEBots were working without major flaws".  If you don't consider being completely useless a major flaw then sure...
Here are new bots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCUpvfAZ4l8 . Jitspoe will learn them to dance, not play, lol.

This game is hard.  It has a very steep learning curve.  Simply doing a tutorial or reading a wiki isn't enough to properly learn how to play the game, no matter how good the tutorial or wiki is.
Only many matches played against real players will make you good. No bots will help here, I can be pro at rocking game bots (this is case in many games) but I easily lose to players.

This is the main reason why single player is requested so much on the uninstall surveys.  These players would rather play against an opponent they can handle (difficulty setting on bots) rather than getting completely stomped every time they play online.  Losing over and over isn't fun, especially when your opponents move so fast you have almost no chance to hit them. 
As said before: Winning with bots is totally different than winning with real players. Bot can't replace skilled player, and jitspoe could spent next 10 years of development to try to make a very good bot, without really awesome results.

Giving new players a safe environment to learn the game is very important.  Once they actually know how to play I am sure many of them would love to jump into multi-player games.
You need to explain how to play, you can't explain how to play good. This includes wiki, tutorial and bots.

Imagine if we had a nice single player campaign, where in the first few levels it taught the games concepts one by one.  The missions getting progressively harder.  Then after they reach the end every player should have a good understanding the game.  Missions could include introductions to basic concepts, game modes, jumping tutorials (time trials, races, escape the bot., etc..)
Of course you realize this is impossible to do. Jitspoe isn't coding 24/7 this game. Nor he has development team made of 10 skilled programmers.
Even if your idea would be made true, I think it would make people stick to single player as they win easily there, surely not play more multiplayer if they are so afraid to lose.
I personally don't really care if I win, I want to have fun (which nowadays mean playing with challenging players, before it meant playing on speed where are so many newbs, you will surely find yourself easily).

So superman you combine thinking "multiplayer is only PRO" with "jitspoe can do everything". First one I can blame on that you don't play much, but for second sentence I have no idea why.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
I disagree about AdWords.  I've tried a couple times with the free $100 coupons I've gotten from my host, and it didn't really make a notable difference.  I'm sure if you spent thousands or millions, you might get a big influx of new users, but I'm not going to spend that kind of money, especially not after all the crap Google has been pulling lately.  How many games have you installed because you saw them on AdWords?

According to sf.net, we've had 2,821 downloads this week.  I think the number of people getting the game is pretty good.  It's just a matter of getting people to play the game who are going to stick around and play regularly.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 03:19:37 PM »
Payl I feel like you don't understand half the things that are said on these forums.  Probably language barrier, which is why so many people have a problem with you. 

Only many matches played against real players will make you good. No bots will help here, I can be pro at rocking game bots (this is case in many games) but I easily lose to players.

This simply isn't true.  Bots/single player gives a nice environment for players to get comfortable with the game.

As said before: Winning with bots is totally different than winning with real players. Bot can't replace skilled player, and jitspoe could spent next 10 years of development to try to make a very good bot, without really awesome results.

You are missing the point.  The objective isn't to win.  It is to learn the games mechanics.  Learning is very hard when you die 10 seconds after you spawn constantly.

You need to explain how to play, you can't explain how to play good. This includes wiki, tutorial and bots.

Again you miss the point... The single player would have incremental steps teaching game concepts one by one.  Again the objective isn't to become amazing, it is just to learn the basic concepts.  (how to strafe jump, how to double jump, how to go fast).

Of course you realize this is impossible to do. Jitspoe isn't coding 24/7 this game. Nor he has development team made of 10 skilled programmers.
Even if your idea would be made true, I think it would make people stick to single player as they win easily there, surely not play more multiplayer if they are so afraid to lose.
I personally don't really care if I win, I want to have fun (which nowadays mean playing with challenging players, before it meant playing on speed where are so many newbs, you will surely find yourself easily).

So superman you combine thinking "multiplayer is only PRO" with "jitspoe can do everything". First one I can blame on that you don't play much, but for second sentence I have no idea why.
The idea is that jitspoe wouldn't have to do all the work.  Once the bots are done and maybe advanced map format then that gives us the ability to help him.  Single player levels could be made by anyone provided the framework is there.

If some people want to stick to single player so what?  It isn't taking anything away from the game.  The more playing the better.  The people who are interested in only multi-player will just skip the single player..

I didn't say multiplayer was only pro.  Or that jitspoe should do everything.
Please take some time to try understanding what you are reading before replying payl..  Most of the arguments you have with people are because of misunderstandings.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 03:51:06 PM »
Payl I feel like you don't understand half the things that are said on these forums.  Probably language barrier, which is why so many people have a problem with you.  
Well, watching your post I can say same about you, which is kinda weird...

This simply isn't true.  Bots/single player gives a nice environment for players to get comfortable with the game.
To get comfortable - yes, but it's nowhere near getting good just by playing with bots. You can own bots and still get killed just when you spawn.

You are missing the point.  The objective isn't to win.  It is to learn the games mechanics.  Learning is very hard when you die 10 seconds after you spawn constantly.
So, you can't explain game mechanics with wiki and tutorial, but apparently you can with bots? I believe with good tutorial you can learn players most mechanics in theory (which bots will just replicate - theory).
Practice is practice and it means multiplayer (because this game is focused on multiplayer if anybody haven't realized yet).

Again you miss the point... The single player would have incremental steps teaching game concepts one by one.  Again the objective isn't to become amazing, it is just to learn the basic concepts.  (how to strafe jump, how to double jump, how to go fast).
How to strafe jump - why bots?
How to double jump - why bots?
How to go fast - why bots?
You can do it with wiki and YT videos... It will probably be also easier to read on wiki.
I have mentioned rooms for learning dj, strafe etc. in my post about ingame tutorial. I don't think we need to put a bot just to perform jump in endless animation. We can show it on YT if it's worth.

The idea is that jitspoe wouldn't have to do all the work.  Once the bots are done and maybe advanced map format then that gives us the ability to help him.  Single player levels could be made by anyone provided the framework is there.
Surely this will make pro bots within few weeks (yes, this is irony, noted just because Superman can't understand my poor english). There are just few people around that know coding so well they can contribute, and most of them don't contribute anyway (or very rarely). Jitspoe also shares this vision but we don't agree on reasons. So I'm now surprised he wants to make open library, probably to blame rest of community on bad bots (which is smart thinking).
But well, this is what happens when I talk with people that doesn't even know which parts of game are open source and which aren't... So why do I bother in pointless conversation which is based on you not understanding basics of this game... Superman, before saying anything about others contributing to game, just learn which parts of game are open source, how many people contribute there and things like that.
About contributing single-player levels: You are late Superman, I told jitspoe about others contributing to tutorial map...
Idea separated maps vs. one big map was also discussed there, and I think one big map is better.

If some people want to stick to single player so what?  It isn't taking anything away from the game.  The more playing the better.  The people who are interested in only multi-player will just skip the single player..
Oh right, we can make new interesting game modes for multiplayer easily (which wasn't done for ages anyway), so why do it? Make things harder and start singleplayer from scratch.
I think many players would be happy if any updates made it into game, but so far I haven't seen a single new major feature in this game that was completely done. Mostly bug fixing and tweaks. Maybe this is because jitspoe can't focus on one thing and make it work properly? I already proposed jitspoe cooperating with others on tutorial map to make it basic first but expandable if people will contribute.

Please take some time to try understanding what you are reading before replying payl..  Most of the arguments you have with people are because of misunderstandings.
So take time to understand my post...
I honestly don't think this is issue. You just doesn't bother understanding my point of view and blame communication problems. You might not know but we doesn't need to share same opinion. If you think I haven't understood something right, say it another way. I do same when people can't understand me and it seems to work. But treating me like stupid just because I'm not native speaker is rude (I don't think this was your point, but I got it that way).

EDIT: There is thing I don't understand in your thinking Superman: You talk about "single player" mode but when you talk about examples, you surely mean "single player tutorial" (which doesn't need to include bots IMO). So in post I included talking about "single player" mode where I think you were talking about it, and about tutorial where I believe you said about tutorial.

SuperMAn

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »
Maybe I will write a nice response tomorrow, not now though..

The simple point I am trying to make is that a brand new player won't search the wiki before they play.  They wont look up youtube videos or tutorials.  They download the game and play.  They don't know how to play the game and get overwhelmed and give up.  The data jitspoe gives confirms this.

They are searching for some middle ground where they can learn the game and still have fun.  Once they have developed an interest for the game they might look up some stuff on the wiki or some other tutorials, but brand new players wont.

Single player mode and tutorial should be one and the same.  Think of any other single player campaign.. The first few levels are easy and teach you how to play.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 04:47:34 PM »
The simple point I am trying to make is that a brand new player won't search the wiki before they play.  They wont look up youtube videos or tutorials.  They download the game and play.  They don't know how to play the game and get overwhelmed and give up.  The data jitspoe gives confirms this.
Well, I think I said that tutorial should be done, correct me if I said anywhere that I don't want tutorial.
But tutorial should link to wiki (if player wants to know more) and wiki should link to youtube (as demonstration probably).
I think explaining game mechanics and what server is what should be enough, then player can get chance to connect to server they desire. I believe most players will go to multiplayer as fast as they can if singleplayer will be mostly focused on tutorial, so I think only making tutorial map and wiki is ok, just with giving player option to EASILY rerun tutorial. Maybe a little tip when player opens ingame server browser for first time with explanation of Jump/Priv/Pub/PGP/Speed... (but possibly just removing most useless servers like Superman* servers).
Why removing superman servers? Well, last time I connected to Superman jump, I was loading 1min+ (just displaying textures not found messages), just to find out map was stupid (r_speed 7000+). One time before that I connected to superman junk server there was action quake map playing on. And after that came map with rocket jumps, how nice. This makes your servers worstly administrated, they are not worth being online.

Single player mode and tutorial should be one and the same.  Think of any other single player campaign.. The first few levels are easy and teach you how to play.
Who needs bots then? If you need to explain how to shoot enemy: old bots are enough, really... They can shoot too, if needed, just by correcting cvar... So what bots are needed for?

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 05:40:31 PM »
Why removing superman servers? Well, last time I connected to Superman jump, I was loading 1min+ (just displaying textures not found messages), just to find out map was stupid (r_speed 7000+). One time before that I connected to superman junk server there was action quake map playing on. And after that came map with rocket jumps, how nice. This makes your servers worstly administrated, they are not worth being online.
Agreed. The ping is fine for me and it rarely lags; however, the rotations are horrendous. Wipa, although it has good gameplay, almost always devolves into a spawnkilling-dominated game. Also, having the same map on different servers, such as pgp-train. Remove that from speed and keep it on PGP. And maps being on both speed servers, too. If you want to have 2 different speed servers, which is a bad idea in the first place, at least give them distinctly different rotations for different styles of gameplay. Classic pub is a great idea, keep that up. Add better maps to your rotation. Where are london and discovery? The people are getting sick of two different versions of shazam being played ad naseum.

Edit: So how does this tie into promoting DP? It's all about first impressions. Noobs go onto a speed server with shazam22, they be like wtf is this pos? Ain't never seen so many lo-res textures b4. So then they uninstall the game thinking all maps are like shazam. But they go into the reinvented Superman Speed sometime in the near future playing a beautiful map like discovery, they be like man this is awesome I love this game. So boom, you go from the noobs being like that to the noobs being like this. Maps make a huge difference.

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 06:11:26 PM »
So how does this tie into promoting DP? It's all about first impressions.
Yes, this can also work with the website. When people go on http://digitalpaint.org for the first time, they see the picture and the big game download and the description, but they also see this crazy pile of news for latest "builds" that they've never even heard of.
Maybe this could be fixed by adding a "Home" page next to the "News" one with a noticeable description, video (with great quality and nice-looking maps and kills), screenshots (ones that are just all there instead of having to click to see them), and of course, the download for the game. And then the news page could have all the latest builds and stuff new to DP, which the newer players can see after they download and try out the game a bit to see what happens with this game, how it's made, etc.
The great thing about the homepage is that the tiny details of the game at the top of the "News" page will stand out more and look more professional. So improving this website gives an impact of a first impression to this game.

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 06:35:08 PM »
the problem is the community presence - I feel like in small community games, there needs to be a clearer sense of where the community is located. This is a multiplayer game, with a lot of infrastructure flaws -

There is no friends list system - the biggest problem in my opinion, since it limits the fun people can have as there is no direct way for new players to play with people they just met, or find people at their skill leverl.

No 'noob friendly' pubs - I remember around the time I started there was a QeHs beginner pub, which if i recall correctly, was very busy.

Login System - it needs to be more throughly implemented, or removed completely, no inbetween.

The solution to the first problem is to have a more direct link between irc and dp2, since we dont have a built in system, it is better to show new players where they can go with or to meet friends.  The second and third problems have self explanatory solutions.

Then come more challenging things, some relatively irrelevant, some extremely important -

texture upgrades - people are superficial, if it looks good, theyll prefer it (which is why im so loved and myers is single)

bot system - a lot of players go into a bot game before playing against real people to practise things they do not quite understand. such as new champions in LoL for example.

there is no sense in advertising, creating wikis, and tutorials if there isnt already a core interest in the game. noone wil bother learning if they arent immediately amazed, which a lot of people arent. DP2 is not a run of the mill FPS like those that boast huge numbers (cod, cs etc.), and never will since those games have a sporadic learning curve, and far more invested in gaining numbers than sticking to a niche. But one underlying cause for their huge numbers, and for games like LoL is the multiplayer aspect.

Focus on what is a strong selling point of the game, a fundamentally fun multiplayer.

I can see holes in my argument, but I dont have time right now to cover all my bases.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2014, 07:39:07 PM »
I merged it with my post below, so It be one mega post :P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 09:31:48 PM by Toxiic »

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 07:41:08 PM »
No 'noob friendly' pubs - I remember around the time I started there was a QeHs beginner pub, which if i recall correctly, was very busy.
I think these types of servers are good. This is a better way to organize servers, and an easier way for newer players to join servers, because they'll most likely join the beginners servers where they can play with people at their skill level.
It may kind of stink for more experienced players, but I think it's good for new players to play with other new players.

EDIT: ToXiiC - Paintball 2 on Facebook

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 08:20:56 PM »
The people are getting sick of two different versions of shazam being played ad naseum.
no

Noobs go onto a speed server with shazam22, they be like wtf is this pos? Ain't never seen so many lo-res textures b4. So then they uninstall the game thinking all maps are like shazam.
wrong

i think shazam just intimidates you

p.s.
-polish or remove login system as unrated suggests
-first-start menu with _optional_ button to play the tutorial and a fullscreen/resolution checkbox
-basic server filter checkbox to not display jump maps or non sv_certified servers maybe
-option to download/install hr4 textures as part of the game installer
-release build 41, succeed at things

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 09:03:06 PM »
Login System - it needs to be more throughly implemented, or removed completely, no inbetween.
could you emphasis please? I know you were busy.

As for advertisment; I believe Facebook and other forms of social media is by far thee best way to promote this game. With facebook, you can target people who this advertisment will go to, for example; you can target people who play Q2 or other fast paced gaming, and that advertisment will only go towards them. Facebook will also allow the adverstiser to be able to moniter how many click and views people have done. Also, its extremely cheap, the adverstiment only takes money out of what you deposited by clicks. Not by how may people have "seen" that advertise. I believe that's how it works, just make sure to double check everything.

I think these types of servers are good. This is a better way to organize servers, and an easier way for newer players to join servers, because they'll most likely join the beginners servers where they can play with people at their skill level.
It may kind of stink for more experienced players, but I think it's good for new players to play with other new players.
I agree, but this system should not be permanent solution. Its a good temporally solution, but only till we get a experience/level system implemented.

EDIT: ToXiiC - Paintball 2 on Facebook
I already know about this, its a facebook page; not what I'm talking about. Their is a difference between a facebook page and facebook advertise.

Payl, you seem to be confused on what superman is trying to say, please reread or wait till he responds back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will first start by congratulating JMR, because of what he has done, you have gotten some nice players to know about DP. If there was a rep system I'd create over 9000 accounts and rep you. Secondly, let's start with what jitspoe has; which is the survey. The most voted thing on the survey is single playermode, I know there is some contraversal issues on this, but let's suppose that its true. Furthermore, let's assume that single playermode is a "need" for this game, that said, this game will need more advanced bots; the old bots would just be pathetic if they were used for the single player mode, just imagine how bad it would look for this game; I rather go play club penguin, they can't maneuver or be a good form of bots in anyway to be used for single player, it'd be like saying "O this game needs single player mode?? Just start a server and do "addbots"---bam solution. E-Z BRAH #YOLO#SWAG#QQ". I could keep writing how bad the old bots are. Anyways, so singleplayer mode would definitely need some tweaking in bots, so that's what jitspoe is doing. Let's advance on this, like superman said, this would help players strafe, aim shoot, and jump; I know its not going help players to be at the same level as a person who has been playing for 3 years online--- this same concept is applied to COD, someone who plays single player before going to multiplayer will have more grasp on the concept of COD mechanics then some person who goes directly into multiplayer; you will see the difference in between the players who played single player and someone who didn't. But of course the player who's been playing online will be better, that's why you can't compare these players to someone new to multiplayer. Let's take this idea one step further and visualize this: it will allow new players to be able to stay and play this game more longer. Why? Because new players will have a more understanding about the game, that's why, like superman said, single player and tutorial should be one entity. Same theory applies to COD; they explain how to do what, when you start your first single player mission. Same theory applies to LoL, a tutorial and beginners guide, with a meaning, a story behind the champions etc... Furthermore, this idea will allow the birth of "beginners pub"/"advance leveled beginners pub" if stats are re created and implemented properly; you know what this sounds like? The Global experince and level system!!! Yeaaa!!!(Hopefuly we all realize the importance of this, because I don't want to state it). This will allow players who are new to join only those servers, and allow players to compete with there same level of "noobieness" friends'. Did I just say friends? Oh that means a friends list will be needed as well! Umm also, an offical maplist, will also be needed to ensure that players become more experinced on those maps, and don't see something new and freakout. It will help balance players skills. See how all these things are interconnected? It's interconnected as intercourse

In conclusion, the advance bots are needed for singleplayer mode, its a "need", its connected to much more things; it will help players to stick to this game longer than right now, if implemented right, it could(hopefully) keep them long enough that they fully understand the concept of this fast faced game and that  they will all be hynoptised and addticted to paintball, like all of us.

I feel like I'm missing someother things, buts that's whats cumming in my mind right now :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someother things to consider which I have said already stated:
what this game needs is the following:
1)good tut(forced) and properly done, the one that exist isn't the best:/

2)in-game chat with friends list this is most likely the best way to keep players in contact with each other. use player id-common name used to identifiy players

3)better/fixed amount of maps, this will help new players because new players will know the maps better due to repetittion and this will enhance gameplay for everyone because now the new player knows how to play that map, and not have to learn a new map every round, includes the matching scene( Offical Maplist)

4)auto/better stat system, although i started a thread about it, it turned into a flame thread( currently the xp and rank system )

5)better graphics, this game does need better graphics, because better graphics=looking more new gen therefore attracting new generations players

6)ADVERTISING!!! Use social media, much more effective, and much cheaper ( Best way eva? )

7)distribution of power, this game only consist of one man who has almost absolute power, which maybe a good thing depending on situations but usually not the best way. Jitspoe has to give other individuals power, doesn't mean show all the secrets of the game and ban system that he's so paranoid about, heck you don't even need to show the ban system to anyone. I know there is a thing called committee but nowadays it almost doesn't exist maybe a new and more active committe would help.

8)I am going to say this but I know people are going to say " oh he said that so he can get unbanned" it really does not matter to me, if I want to play this game, trust me I can, plus I pretty sure none of these will come into place. Anyway so #8: better ban system as in a better "ban hammer", the current ban hammer is driving players away rather then punishing, a ban does not mean "GTFO" for people who are under this delusion , the reality is that is  wrong definition of a ban. The ban hammer should be doing the following-consistent, no bais, and keep the player in the game and not drive them off. If these are followed then the game shall prosper, if someone gets a ban for 1000+ days and someone else who did the same thing gets the ban for 200+ days, really does more harm then good(consistency is MUCH better which ATM it lacks in the current ban hammer). No bais is once again a better thing, because there have been cases were emotions were taking over then the rules and that did not turn out well, so please keep emotions out of banning process. LoL bans players Acc, which is more valuable to the players and it punishes the players due to the acc's valubility, and it also does not drive the players away/out of the game, sure the player might be pissed of but what if they want to comeback, then they start of fresh and work there way up. ( Corresponsends with #7 and maybe #4 )

9)re-design the website, needs more colour(shinny :P), ATM it looks bad:/
Also I would like state some more ideas that should be implemented:

The single player is kind of contraversal, and I have half feelings for both sides; like payl pointed out, that single player is placed on the top of the list, which does affect the out come of true "votes". This is a basis of marketing; for example when you go to shops, you usually get people buying more of the things that are right in front of them( first ) then the things that are more offside or in the back. Now aside from that I still believe jitspoe should finish the project he started, because it will do more good then harm. The single player/BOTS concept is not truly horrid, it will be good for the future.

Also would like to agree with the person who stated out "to many servers" it is the cause of players to divide and set fourth into different servers rather than stay in 1 or 2. I'm not saying completely oblivreate the servers into 1 or 2 servers, what I'm saying is take out the "trash/junk" servers, because there always has been more servers then there needs to be.

Furthermore, this game needs to get a better start up design, the current menus look way to old fashioned, and needs to get a more sexier look, so once a new player looks at it, he would be impressed(presentation). Some to a lot of things can be done by players in this community, for example, I have, and still am, promoting this game, on other websites I know, to my friends, or sometimes to some q2 player and to LoL players. These things are extremely small stuff, but can make a huge impact on this game. If you can code, then code to help dp, if you can create maps and menus then create those, simple things like those can helpout.
^litterly. Everything. Needed. Just wanted to reiterate this.

Well that's my two cents, geez, my fingers are tired, wrote this on my phone, so please excuse my grammer and spelling mistakes. Thanks!

EDIT: Solo'd all your post here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:16:02 PM by Toxiic »

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 09:05:34 PM »
I think we should:

-add an easier way to find how many people alive are remaining on each team (like how the scores, time, etc. are)
-make a video for newer players to see and learn from
-a tutorial with a practice room for fighting the upcoming new bots
-be able to have a singleplayer mode (one with bots, so you can play this game even without wi-fi)
-add a home page to DPLogin
-advertise DP2 in other ways (like we have on Facebook)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »
Forced map pool; if I had just started playing paintball and saw banlieue/nonturno/ccc/wobluda etc, I'd close the game immediately. They're ugly as intercourse.