Author Topic: [Feature] Make ALL pages of the DP Website Gaming or Non-Gaming  (Read 2522 times)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
[Feature] Make ALL pages of the DP Website Gaming or Non-Gaming
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
I was at school today, and I went on the DP website to check what's new. I went onto DPLogin, but it said I had no access, because the school system blocked gaming websites. The same thing happened with the Forums and the Feature Vote tabs, but nothing else. Every other page on this website I could access. And it kind of stunk, because those 3 pages I couldn't access are the ones I usually like to go on.

Anyway, what I'm trying to ask is Can you make ALL the pages either GAMING or NON-GAMING? It's kind of weird being able to access only some pages on the Digital Paintball 2 Website. :-\

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: [Feature] Make ALL pages of the DP Website Gaming or Non-Gaming
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:44:24 PM »
That's up to whoever manages the list of sites considered "gaming".

digitalpiant.org and dplogin.com are on two different servers.  One hosts a bunch of database and low level servers.  The other is a cheaper host that handles basic web functionality to prevent taxing the dplogin servers too much.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:08:25 PM »
Hack the school system; print your upcoming test final test and blackmail your school. Its ezrealasitgets. Jk. Use a proxy server(or download one) and use that to view this website, that's what I use to do to view websites that were blocked in my school.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »
SSH and use squid, or VPN.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
Use an alternate wi-fi network or get 3G or 4G. Or else hack the school's servers and delete everything having to do with your web filter. Or else find out the administrator password to gain access.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:47:38 PM »
Use an alternate wi-fi network or get 3G or 4G. Or else hack the school's servers and delete everything having to do with your web filter. Or else find out the administrator password to gain access.
You were on track until you said 'hack'.  Good luck finding a new school.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »
hack the school's servers and delete everything having to do with your web filter.

This is by far the most efficient option.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 11:20:10 PM »
I don't think these guys are getting to the root of the problem. Drop out of school.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 11:51:48 PM »
I don't think these guys are getting to the root of the problem. Drop out of school.
This is by far the most efficient option.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
Use hidemyass.com or zend2.com or just search for any another in-browser proxies. But i think this security app will block them too :/.
Or be like me; bring your netbook and use wifi from your phone ^^. I have a 5 year old netbook that launches dp2 with 50fps on air3 :D. It isnt bigger than my maths book.
School computers suck.