Author Topic: Favorite Quotes  (Read 40204 times)

omni

• 68 Carbine
Re: Favorite Quotes
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »
If you believe in god:
-Good for you.

If you don't:
-Good for you.

Everyone is different. As long as you don't force YOUR views down other peoples throats, who gives a flying intercourse... Everyone has the right to believe in something, it's no one else's choice but their own.
Finally

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »
Well I am not a christian or from any religion... So I believe these names were given to people who were just a good magicians and philosophers and maybe hypnotists.. Or maybe just a mythical character in Stories of great creative writers. As many people write stories today too but as we are now scientifically developed we say that those characters are not real.. But in 100BC - 200 AD period science was not developed and a name "God" Was given to everything they got help from.. Like Wind,Sun. Example is the solar eclipse and the Vikings... Vikings thought that wolf ate the sun so they called them god and powers but we know now that it is natural phenomenon.. I am not saying being in religion is bad.. It is good and the reason for creation of religion on basis of "God" is to unite the people so they don't fight. But most Christian "salesman/fathers" say that science is bad for religion.. But I think that People can Improve Science just by Being in some religion or having unity.. :) I'll keep on following this topic now as it has reached a new level :D
Science is not necessarily bad for religion. Science is its own thing and should not interfere with religion. It's when science steps out of its boundaries, when it says something like "Christianity has been proven false because it took longer than 7 days to create humanity" when science becomes negative. There are many people out there who aren't religious because they believe in science. Science is not a religion itself, nor is it out there to prove religion wrong. Science is just humans trying to answer our questions about the world and universe.

Pope Francis on science:
"Science has its own autonomy and it must be respected and encouraged. We should not meddle with scientists’ autonomy. Unless, that is, they step outside the  boundaries of their own fields and step into the transcendent. Science is fundamentally a tool for the commandment received from God which says, increase, multiply and dominate the earth. Within its autonomy, science transforms a world without culture into a world with culture. But we must take care. When the autonomy of science is unaware of its own limits and steps out of bounds, its own creation can slip from its hands. This is the story of Frankenstein."

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Baseballdude stop ruining the thread like you do with every other thread. Just don't post. Ideally ever again.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 11:53:01 AM »
Hey I wonder if anyone has IRC logs of funny conversation between me and Clipz (this one where he told me I would be K-lined and I was laughing about this). Are there any automatic loggers on #paintball? Or maybe someone happen to have this conversation? I would like to quote from it.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 12:51:53 PM »
"Life is like a Penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free. It's Women who make it hard."

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2014, 11:41:38 PM »
Added quote from reply number 44.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2014, 11:44:31 PM »
"Life is like a Penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free. It's Women who make it hard."
That's amazing. "EZBAKEJEWOVEN"~CheMiCaL

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »
Added quote from reply number 46.

P.S. Guys, no more posts about religion here.

satan-smurf

• PGP
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2014, 05:58:07 PM »
God is dead - Friedrich Nietzsche

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2014, 07:26:38 PM »
Added quote from reply number 48.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
P.S. Guys, no more posts about religion here.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2014, 11:14:45 PM »
@BASEBALLDUDE: Nihilism isn't a religion ;)

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2014, 11:18:46 PM »
BASEBALLDUDE, there's a difference between stuff like this:

...and this.
Science is not necessarily bad for religion. Science is its own thing and should not interfere with religion. It's when science steps out of its boundaries, when it says something like "Christianity has been proven false because it took longer than 7 days to create humanity" when science becomes negative. There are many people out there who aren't religious because they believe in science. Science is not a religion itself, nor is it out there to prove religion wrong. Science is just humans trying to answer our questions about the world and universe.

Pope Francis on science:
"Science has its own autonomy and it must be respected and encouraged. We should not meddle with scientists’ autonomy. Unless, that is, they step outside the  boundaries of their own fields and step into the transcendent. Science is fundamentally a tool for the commandment received from God which says, increase, multiply and dominate the earth. Within its autonomy, science transforms a world without culture into a world with culture. But we must take care. When the autonomy of science is unaware of its own limits and steps out of bounds, its own creation can slip from its hands. This is the story of Frankenstein."
You're very ignorant when it comes to religious talk. Jesus most certainly is real, but people from outside religions will question whether he's the son of God. I advise you to shut up until this topic gets back on-topic.
The Holy Trinity consists of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, who together form the one and only God. I can explain it myself, but I will instead demonstrate it with the official prayer where we profess our faith, called the Nicene Creed, which we say every Sunday in church.

I believe in one God, the Father almighty,
    maker of heaven and earth,
    of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
        the Only Begotten Son of God,
        born of the Father before all ages.
    God from God, Light from Light,
        true God from true God,
    begotten, not made, consubstantial
       with the Father;
        Through him all things were made.
    For us men and for our salvation
        he came down from heaven,
        and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate
        of the Virgin Mary,
        and became man.

For our sake he was crucified
      under Pontius Pilate,
        he suffered death and was buried,
        and rose again on the third day
        in accordance with the Scriptures.
    He ascended into heaven
        and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory
        to judge the living and the dead
        and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
        the Lord, the giver of life,
    who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
    who with the Father and the Son
        is adored and glorified,
        who has spoken through the prophets.
I believe in one, holy, catholic,
     and apostolic Church.
    I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins
        and I look forward to the resurrection
        of the dead and the life of the world to come.
Amen.

All these ignorant people who say Jesus never existed, bleh! Did you know that Alexander the Great was convinced he was the son of Zeus? Obviously none of us believe that to be true, but Alexander still existed right? 'Tis no different with Jesus. We have historical evidence from multiple sources on Jesus; in fact the spot where he was crucified is universally agreed upon by Christians, Jews, historians, everyone who knows Jesus is real. Just because you guys aren't convinced that He's the son of God doesn't mean he never existed in the first place.

Also, his was just a one-sentenced quote containing God. Yours was a summary of what you think is real in religion.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2014, 12:31:36 AM »

luckmore

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2014, 03:55:26 AM »
“The past has no power over the present moment.” - Eckhart Tolle

“Give up defining yourself — to yourself or to others. You won't die. You will come to life. And don't be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it's their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don't be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are. - Eckhart Tolle, A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose

“Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” - Oprah Winfrey

“The future hasn't happened yet and the past is gone. So I think the only moment we have is right here and now, and I try to make the best of those moments, the moments that I'm in.” - Annie Lennox

talking about god:
“In the name of God, stop a moment, cease your work, look around you.” - Leo Tolstoy

PaRaDeaD

• Stingray
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2014, 06:45:26 AM »
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert Pirsig

TRION

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2014, 06:47:45 AM »

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans."

~Stephen Hawking

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2014, 08:35:13 AM »
Pope Francis:

"How can it be that it is not a news item when an elderly homeless person dies of exposure, but it is news when the stock market loses two points?"

"The thirst for power and possessions knows no limits. In this system, which tends to devour everything which stands in the way of increased profits, whatever is fragile, like the environment, is defenseless before the interests of a deified market, which become the only rule."

"The real trouble is that those most affected by [an excessive love for oneself] - which is actually a kind of mental disorder - are people who have a lot of power. Often bosses are narcissists."

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2014, 08:42:03 AM »
"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans."

~Stephen Hawking
I am actually using this quote next week for an English speaking assesment on why if aliens called to us we should not respond.
Infact he also said
“We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet,”

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2014, 10:07:40 AM »
Added quotes from reply numbers 54, 55, 56, 57, and 58.