Author Topic: Walk Strafe Script  (Read 8632 times)

kakarot

• Stingray
Walk Strafe Script
« on: March 05, 2014, 12:42:44 PM »
Here's a little script my buddy Superchu made. It's very useful for a few things such as walk strafing and walking. Let me get a little bit more in detail for how this could be useful. In some situations there are jumps that do not require a lot of speed so you can just toggle your walk script and you will most likely make whatever jump you are trying to make(for example: the rooftop jump on airtime3). Another way this could be useful is sneakyness, as you do not make alot of sound while walking as compared to ALWAYS making sound while running.

bind "SHIFT" "speedtog2"
alias speedtog2 "cl_run 0; bind shift speedtog; echo Walking set!"
alias speedtog "cl_run 1; bind shift speedtog2;echo Running set!"

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Walk Strafe Script
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 01:08:26 PM »
So it's a walking TOGGLE script, not a walking strafe script...

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 01:13:21 PM »
Why make these scripts trying to gain a cheap advantage? Why not just legitimately improve and be a good player that way?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 01:21:09 PM »
Code: [Select]
bind shift cvar_toggle cl_run

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
Why make these scripts trying to gain a cheap advantage? Why not just legitimately improve and be a good player that way?

It's not a script to gain a 'cheap advantage'. It simply just toggles either walk or run, handy for tactical close combat situations - if used wrongly and it will be a disadvantage.

Think of it as binding your mouse wheel to change your hand.

+1 to viciouz. I never knew 'cvar_toggle' existed! Really handy.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 04:14:13 PM »

I agree 100% and still believe all scripts should be banned. It's not our fault people are so bad they need scripts to do double jumps and to do other things.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 04:19:46 PM »
I agree 100% and still believe all scripts should be banned. It's not our fault people are so bad they need scripts to do double jumps and to do other things.

Firstly, I want to make this clear, this isn't an actual 'script', it is just simply a toggle bind. That's it.
It's just like changing your hand, crouching, or shooting for that matter, it's just a toggle to walk on and off.

Secondly, your and bbd's posts are irrelevant. This bind gives no unfair advantage, it's just that, a bind. Not a DJ script, not a AH script, a 'toggle' bind. Pointless complaining about binds, because they will always be.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »
With a dying player base people should be able to learn the game easier because at the moment the learning curve is too high for people to get into, with a lack of players as well it means newbies arent playing people at their own level, this is why I think that locs should be in the game by default as welll, the bots should definitely help this.

kakarot

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 01:06:42 PM »
So it's a walking TOGGLE script, not a walking strafe script...

Technically it is a Walk strafe script because once toggled, and if you try to strafe, you will be strafing fairly slower than everyone that is run strafing. It's just a neat little toggle script that allows you to change from walking and running instead of holding down shift the whole time by default, that's all. I do think it could be used as an advantage for being stealthy however, because one of the main ways people know where you are is Sound. So, unless someone is reconning you you're relatively a ghost to them.

kakarot

• Stingray
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 01:12:40 PM »

People are bad if they want to toggle Run/walk? Okay lol.

kakarot

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 01:35:53 PM »

Why post on a Topic about scripts if you don't use them. This post was meant for people that use scripts and for people to try something new.

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 02:24:29 PM »
#weneedPAC

Don't mind them, they are just dumb and crying, that's all. It's pretty much on all topics like PAC: I don't know but I know it's bad.

Scripts give cheap advantage. Textures give cheap advantage. Connection latency give cheap advantage. Binds give cheap advantage. Settings give cheap advantage. Machine speed give cheap advantage. Being good give cheap advantage.
Overthrow exploiting rulership! Relinquish power back into workers hands! Take away everything, and give away fairly!

We all know how it ended, are we done now with "cheap advantage"? I bet no.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 04:21:11 PM »
Clearly i said double jumps.

#IMPLEMENTPAC

Primo

• PGP
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 05:10:43 PM »
i lol'd @ this

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 11:28:55 PM »
Oh gosh.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2014, 04:05:49 AM »
Just in case that it had been decided to ban scripts from paintball.

How would you do it?
Using Q2engine would be not possible with.
This engine had been made to be open and modable!

You could just remove the console but... WTF?!? Srsly?
This would be the worst decision made ever in Paintball!

Its on every game the same thing and nobody cares!

No other game is filled with so much people who hate others with little advantages!
What if i got a keyboard with macrofunction? You cant ban me for that!
I can buy me a keyboard or a macroprogram that i prefer and nobody can take control over!

This would make paintball boring and not modable!
No menus, no custom crosshairs, no custom huds and and and...
Everybody would play the same thing and that would get boring!

Having textures that are brighter than the official ones arent ok, thats true! But take a look at all other games: Who cares if you use white textures at shootmania or Minecraft or somewhere else?
If the developer give you the possibility to modificate parts of the game you should be able to modificate how you want it and not how the community wants it!
And why complain about advantages when you can have the same for yourself? Why not use the same script as other people?
To have advantages with scripts takes sometimes very much time to get them work! Then you could be able to compare it to the harder you work the more money you get... Is it that? Banning that is your plan?

Worst idea ever!

not_payl_obviously

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 06:07:05 AM »
Worst idea ever!
Many of you doesn't understand how q2 commands work, and while open_war you know how them work, you don't understand what Clipz has in mind.
Clipz wants to stop certain scripts from working or ban them. Since he doesn't really understand q2 commands he post nonsense, but idea itself is valid.
Problem that arises is openness of client that makes it hard to do without totally disabling commands (which is impossible). Of course this can be fixed with PAC, which was told many times to be able what you cannot do with normal jitspoe anticheat: Per-tournament ability to ban certain behaviors, like textures or scripts for example. You might force people to use one build, certain settings and so on. Turned out people didn't want to invest a bit of their time to achieve that, so I would say that this is only lament that won't have any result in reality.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 07:51:35 AM »
btw: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=26293.0
i posted this while ago, this does exactly the same thing (altho, the bind viciouz posted here is much cleaner than what was in my topic ^^)

the problem i see with DJ script is that, it allows players to DJ stuff you normally couldnt or it would be extremly difficult. I never used any script and i dont plan to, even if it would give me big advantage (yea, i feel like DJ script gives quite huge advantage). I would even go so far to say that it gives bigger advantage than some custom textures (of course talking about sunmans/seldas textures, not some pure white shiet).
I kinda wonder, if what i said above is true, is it possible to do all the jumps you do with DJ script without it? If it is i would retract my statement there, tho i just feel like its either really hard or i suck at DJing.

As for AH script, i would say its ok, it doesnt give that much advantage and has its disadvantages compared to manual switching, but DJ script doesnt have any disadvantage, the only thing it gives is advantage, thats why i feel the way i do about it.

Ye got pretty off-topic, but just wanted to say this.
PAC is nice, but i think its a little too late for it. I think PAC wouldnt make difference big enough to make it worth implementing as there are only few players left who are devoted to the game and dont care about some silly hacks

UnRateD

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2014, 12:14:49 PM »
pssht bad players use scripts as an excuse for getting shat on. how about you get play and get good roosterhead.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
btw: http://dplogin.com/forums/index.php?topic=26293.0
i posted this while ago, this does exactly the same thing (altho, the bind viciouz posted here is much cleaner than what was in my topic ^^)
Sorry, I forgot cl_run was a thing so the other one just acts like you're pressing shift instead :)

Of course this can be fixed with PAC, which was told many times to be able what you cannot do with normal jitspoe anticheat: Per-tournament ability to ban certain behaviors, like textures or scripts for example. You might force people to use one build, certain settings and so on. Turned out people didn't want to invest a bit of their time to achieve that, so I would say that this is only lament that won't have any result in reality.

:)