Author Topic: Congrats to current players  (Read 5789 times)

FusSioN

• Autococker
Re: Congrats to current players
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »
Thank you Myers for this heartwarming post though until now I'm having hard time playing DP.
You didn't know who you talked to.... Your world's gonna end bro.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 07:38:47 PM »
I was super bored, and browsing at some old demo's - the movement/jumps/speed that "weak" teams get today, are better than the majority of good teams years ago. A good example is on a map like Pbcup_Pforest and Carpathian - jumps that only "good" teams were doing then, lesser teams do now with ease - and they do even harder ones. Would these teams be able to win on the "old" maps that were played back then? Well, it's much easier to learn a 1 path map, sit back and line, than it is to learn bigger maps that involve more to play.

I completely agree. I think a few people have stated that they think some of the older clans are always going to be the best, whereas in reality, players nowadays have a much higher skill level and those older clans probably wouldn't stand a chance (even at their peak performance).

LaZeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 07:47:51 PM »
Wow, thanks MyeRs for this nice post! :)

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2014, 08:01:03 PM »
I've been banned longer then I have played this game competitively. True fact. Just like this post. Thanks MyeRs for believing in me. I know this thread was secretly directed towards me ;)

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2014, 08:55:07 PM »
I hate to say this but I agree with you partially Myers. The overall skill is better now considering the map selection and such. It's more about speed, crazy jumps and that's how most new players have adapted. Before it was about setting the pace and controlling the map. Smaller maps were played more back then and now its mainly big maps. I still think some of the old players are best ever at this game though. I kind of compare it to the NBA. There is no doubt that the athleticism and overall play of players today is greater than it was in the old days but most people will still say Jordan, Magic, and Bird are better than Lebron, Kobe, and Dirk. Also, it was more competition back then to be judged on. You had decent to great players on many different teams which created a bunch of great matches but now a days, its again like the NBA. You have arguably 2 of the best players and a few good players joining the same team (in the NA and EU scene). With other teams comprised of a bunch of OK players and maybe one or two good players. Competition is definitely lacking now.

Chalk

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »
I completely agree! Although myers and shk still think they are the best, it has been quite obvious for a while now that they are old, washed up fools. I doubt any pre-2014 clans could come close to defeating me and conca.