Author Topic: MapFX by promarijan - Achieving better graphics in Paintball!  (Read 10546 times)

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
Re: MapFX by promarijan - Achieving better graphics in Paintball!
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
I thought custom models are banned?
Nice job thou overall :)

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 03:04:12 PM »
You have to look closer...

It's no model!
It's just the texture that you can see on your OWN hand... Other players will see you normally and you will see other players normally too!

You just change the texture from the model that you can hold on your own hand...

There is no advantage or disadvantage at all! I'm to 100% sure!

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 03:11:40 PM »
I thought custom models are banned?
Nice job thou overall :)
it is bannable. The first ban I ever had was exactly for this reason; I had created a ed-hardy or "gold" texture for my gun.... but yea no one else can see it; but the player who has it. It was the same thing with my "texture?" as well. If you applied that same thing to the the whole player model as well, only you can see it an no one else. Basicly if you viewed other players, you wouldnt be able to see that texture on them as well; and other players wouldnt be able to see you with that either. You only see these "textures" on yourself. Never understood why it was bannable though.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2014, 02:56:10 AM »
It's for me unreasonable to ban a local weaponskin because of whatever...

The chance of getting confused by that is higher than anything else! If this will be banned you could also ban a crosshair! I mean you could also simply creat a crosshair with a weapon on the crosshair itself that looks different... So basicly you could ban crosshairs as well!
I just mean it doesn't matter if i render my gun with a texture and a model or if i'm just displaying a fakegun via other things (crosshair)... I could also just print a gun on a paper and stick it to my screen^^ I mean it doesn't make any sense!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 09:33:02 AM by promarijan »

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 07:26:26 AM »
It's for me unreasonable to ban a local weaponskin because of whatever...

The chance of getting confused by that is higher than anything else! If this will be banned you could also ban a crosshair! I mean you could also simply creat a crosshair with a weapon on the crosshair itself that looks different... So basicly you could ban crosshairs as well!
I just mean it doesn't matter if i render my gun with a texture and a model or if i'm just displaying a fakegun via other things (crosshair)... I could also just print a gun on a paper and stick it to my screen^^ I mean it doesn't make any sence!

Yeah it makes no SENCE!

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »
cmon i just forgot how to write sense^^

Do you mean that it makes no sense having stylized weaponskins?
Or do you mean that it makes no sense to ban that?

Or are you again just joking to me?

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 11:45:37 AM »
Just playin with you! I personally don't see a problem with it or see it as an advantage.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 02:34:14 PM »
Modifying the weapon you see yourself holding (1st person version) is fine.  Modifying the weapons other players carry (3rd person versions) is not allowed, as it could provide an unfair advantage.

promarijan

• VM-68
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2014, 07:44:05 PM »
That is really nice to hear from you!

Hoped that these words will come!

Let's get mad at painting weapons!