Author Topic: DPMusic v1.3 - An ingame mp3 player!  (Read 10637 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
Re: DPMusic v1.2 - An ingame mp3 player!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2014, 03:45:40 PM »
Sorry for a fail - i wrote index.html?download= instead of index.php?download= so the download links didnt work.

mRokita

• Autococker
Re: DPMusic v1.3 - An ingame mp3 player!
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
DPMusic v1.3 released!
Download: (If you update from an older version, just install the new version over an existing installation): http://dpmusic.htmldp.com/index.php?download=installer
If you are more advanced and you dont want to use an installer, here is a .zip file: http://dpmusic.htmldp.com/index.php?download=zip

Changes:
[Feature] More visible "Update Available" window
[Feature] Support for PCDPMod
[Feature] DPMusic is now configurable.
[Feature] Uninstaller added ;D
[Feature] Playing from specified time.
[Feature] paintball2_plus_dpmusic.bat is no longer required.
[Feature] 'Reload directory content' option
[Feature] Binds menu.
[Bugfix ] Some minor bugfixes.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 02:48:04 PM by hTml »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 04:47:08 AM »
DPMusic v1.4 is coming :)
Incoming features:
>Smaller ingame menu - no hudscale changes
>Support for directories/music albums
>More intuitive menu :)
>?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 06:07:03 AM by hTml »

mRokita

• Autococker

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 12:10:50 AM »
So I finally checked this out.  A couple things:

Why do you force the hudscale to 1.6?  Forcing it is bad enough, but using non-integer values causes it to look really bad (it has to blur the texture, and sometimes causes some really ugly artifacts).  Anybody who tries this is going to have their settings stuck like that.

Renaming the executable is kind of an annoyance for me.  The cheat detection picks up on that (since some cheats require the executable to be a certain filename since they were designed for other games), so it generates a bunch of false positives I have to ignore.

Why is the executable so large?  The game is only like 600k, and that exe is 4 megs... not that it's a huge deal.  Just weird.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »
Why do you force the hudscale to 1.6?  Forcing it is bad enough, but using non-integer values causes it to look really bad (it has to blur the texture, and sometimes causes some really ugly artifacts).  Anybody who tries this is going to have their settings stuck like that.
Yeah, it's bad, i've resized the menu to make it useful on 600x800 in 2.0.

Renaming the executable is kind of an annoyance for me.  The cheat detection picks up on that (since some cheats require the executable to be a certain filename since they were designed for other games), so it generates a bunch of false positives I have to ignore.
I'm sorry :/
Why is the executable so large?  The game is only like 600k, and that exe is 4 megs... not that it's a huge deal.  Just weird.
It's a py2exe compiled python script - i was wondering if I should rewrite it to Java or something else, but Python works well with MCI so i don't have to fight with the copyright stuff.
That's the only reason :) The app works really smooth though (about 1% CPU on my 1-cored asus eeepc).
I'm sorry for answering so late.

V2.0 preview:

Features:
>support for albums
>completely rewritten
>quick pause/unpause/next track/previous track menu
>custom mp3 directory
>ID3 tag/directory name based album detection
>album arts
>nicer menu
>bugfixes
>auto downloading album arts
>some buttons replaced with smaller icons
>cleaner code =D
>filenames replaced with id3 titles
>support for directory trees

Sorry for my English ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 04:04:37 AM by mRokita »

ecoli

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »
Renaming the executable is kind of an annoyance for me.  The cheat detection picks up on that (since some cheats require the executable to be a certain filename since they were designed for other games), so it generates a bunch of false positives I have to ignore.
I'm sorry :/

Is that fixed now or will it still generate false positives in the cheat detection?

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 01:42:54 AM »
Is that fixed now or will it still generate false positives in the cheat detection?
It i'snt and propably won't be, i like this feature too much =d.
Nobody has been banned for that (many ppl use v1.3), dont worry.
The only person it affects is jitspoe.
However, if you want an option to disable it, let me know. I can add it, but it will be manual, I don't want the default installation to be more complicated. (You will have to run dpmusic.exe to run paintball2+dpmusic then)
As i said, im sorry for annoying jitspoe, i'm sure he can hide the false positives. The executable's name is (and will be) paintball2_nodpmusic.exe, so its quite useless for hacks.
Nobody was/will be banned for that since its not a hack and the false positives should be easy to skip. The only thing it does is renaming paintball2.exe to paintball2_nodpmusic.exe and replacing it. Just to improve your experience with DPMusic

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2015, 04:12:09 AM »
The executable's name is (and will be) paintball2_nodpmusic.exe, so its quite useless for hacks.

Sorry to say man, but if only I was a talented programmer I would now start developing a hack that would use your .exe for the cheats, since Jitspoe isn't really paying attention to it. You should really look for a different solution.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »
As i said, im sorry for annoying jitspoe, i'm sure he can hide the false positives.
But its not his job. You should fix that.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 05:53:42 AM »
But its not his job. You should fix that.
I can't do it at the moment, it seems to be impossible without  removing this feature.
I like it too much to do it.
Sorry to say man, but if only I was a talented programmer I would now start developing a hack that would use your .exe for the cheats, since Jitspoe isn't really paying attention to it. You should really look for a different solution.
Running paintball2.exe from DPMusic is the best possible solution, even if running executables/bats from DP was possible [It won't be because it would be a major security hole].
Yeah, i could modify the game but this is still the same thing.
+it's not an advantage for hackers (i don't mean cheaters) since jitspoe said
The cheat detection picks up on that (since some cheats require the executable to be a certain filename since they were designed for other games)
It doesn't make any new security hole.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:07 AM »
How many people are going to use this anyways? Most people use YouTube or pandora anyways.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:58 AM »
How many people are going to use this anyways? Most people use YouTube or pandora anyways.
V 1.3 had 298 downloads.
2 biggest advantages:
-doesnt change the ingame experience even on netbooks
-much easier to play music on fullscreen

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2015, 02:45:42 PM »
A small update:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 03:51:11 AM by mRokita »