Author Topic: Looking for a clan (off topic posts)  (Read 5045 times)

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Looking for a clan (off topic posts)
« on: September 24, 2014, 08:16:29 AM »
Lol can you learn me how to do things too!

The word you want to use for learn would be teach.

No shots fired just got a good laugh out of that.

blaa

• Autococker
Re: Looking for a clan
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 10:30:22 PM »
holy cow, clipz correcting somebody else!

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 11:00:45 PM »
holy cow, clipz correcting somebody else!
Your sentence structure is awkward. This is due to not capitalizing "Clipz"; instead you stated "clipz". Also, you didnt capitalize your "H" in "holy" since it is the start of the sentence and should be capitalized.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:49:31 PM by Toxiic »

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 03:01:00 PM »
i love clipz

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 06:52:38 PM »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 07:59:46 PM »
Your sentence structure is awkward. This is due to not capitalizing "Clipz"; instead you stated "clipz". Also, you didnt capitalize your "H" in "holy" since it is the start of the sentence and should be capitalized.
wut? Is grammar/punctuation a part of sentence structure? I always thought they were distinct from one another :/

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 09:18:31 PM »
wut? Is grammar/punctuation a part of sentence structure? I always thought they were distinct from one another :/
It is What*; not "wut". Also, wut is an album by a German metal band, unless you were referring me to them; which would make no sense in your sentence. As for your question about grammar and punctuation being apart of sentence structure, my answer is that they are part of each other. You cannot have sentence structure without grammar and punctuation, and thus go hand to hand. I mean it'd be pretty hard to have a sentence structure without grammar and punctuation unless you give me an example.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 10:25:06 PM »
alright. The word "Hi" is considered a sentence. Thus, no punctuation

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 10:37:15 PM »
It is What*; not "wut". Also, wut is an album by a German metal band

gramma nazi

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2014, 03:41:43 AM »
It is "What"*; not "wut" (Keep consistency). Also, "wut" is an album by a German metal band, unless you were referring me to them; which would make no sense in your sentence.
Seeing as you're a part of an online gaming community, I assumed you would have stumbled across the use of 'wut'. I guess your vast knowledge of German bands must of taken over your common sense.

As for your question about grammar and punctuation being apart a part of sentence structure, my answer is yes, that they are part of each other.
Sorry, I was asking if correct grammar and punctuation was a part of sentence structure, I thought that would be inferred as we were talking about blaa's incorrect grammar.

You cannot have sentence structure without grammar and punctuation, and thus, they go hand to in hand. I mean, it'd be pretty hard impossible to have a sentence structure without grammar and punctuation. Please provide an example of what you mean.
I concur, as would anyone over the age of 8 years old.

I have one more question about punctuation/grammar/sentence structure, I hope you don't mind.
-Is your use of semi-colons correct? It seems like you're using them instead of commas for half of your paragraph.

BASEBALLDUDE

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 02:35:39 PM »
Seeing as you're a part of an online gaming community, I assumed you would have stumbled across the use of 'wut'. I guess your vast knowledge of German bands must of have taken over your common sense.
Sorry, I was asking if correct grammar and punctuation was a part of sentence structure, I thought that would be inferred as we were talking about blaa's incorrect grammar.
I concur, as would anyone over (the age of )8 (years old).

I have one more question about punctuation/grammar/sentence structure,; I hope you don't mind.
-Is your use of semi-colons correct? It seems likeas though/as if/that you're using them instead of commas for half of your paragraph.

Considering his last two posts, I have found that he used a semicolon correctly in his 2nd-to-last post, but he used it incorrectly in his last post. I have corrected your post as well. Toxiic's posts need corrections too. If you want to play the game of grammar cops, the first thing you need to do is not to have any bad grammar of your own.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 06:44:45 PM »
Considering his last two posts, I have found that he used a semicolon correctly in his 2nd-to-last post, but he used it incorrectly in his last post. I have corrected your post as well. Toxiic's posts need corrections too. If you want to play the game of grammar cops, the first thing you need to do is not to have any bad grammar of your own.
eh, lucky I neva claimed to have tha gud grammars! I guess having not done an English class in 5 or so years has hindered me! Still better than Toxiic!

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 08:10:01 PM »
eh, lucky I neva claimed to have tha gud grammars! I guess having notdone an English class in 5 or so years has hindered me! Still better than Toxiic!
You just claimed that you have better grammar than me. But I have to admit, taking English class or not; it is vital for someone to have proper grammar and punctuation if they are living in a society where English is an requirement. Like this website: Dplogin.com that is a "internet society" that requires English as a language, it is essential to have proper grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure. Even in a profession, the last thing you want is to send memos, reports, emails, and mails that have grammatical/punctuation errors. Some might argue that this is the "Internet" and that grammar/punctuation is not important; I will find the corrupt sentences and expose them. I shall do this until, everyone has learned to become better human beings by not manipulating a language. I refuse to read anything that is not correct. It is the duty of every human beings to correct that is wrong. Imagine a world were science was never corrected. It would create a world that would be chaotic; massive misconception, failure in buildings, structures, equipment, medical instrument/medicine and so fourth. That is why it is essential for human beings to correct one others. It is how we learn and progress. I hope you understand and adhere with this logic.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 10:54:59 PM by Toxiic »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2014, 08:44:17 PM »
Yes, I did just claim to have better grammar than you. Though, that does not mean I have good grammar, it just means I have better grammar than you. Reading through the rest of your post makes me want to kill myself. Thank you for the exciting read!

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2014, 10:44:28 PM »
Yes, I did just claim to have better grammar than you. Though, that does not mean I have good grammar, it just means I have better grammar than you. Reading through the rest of your post makes me want to kill myself. Thank you for the exciting read!
How can you claim that you have better grammar than me? Please explain to me why you think that.
Also, does suicidal thoughts make you excited? I interpreted the quotation above as that.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 10:54:34 PM »
How can you claim that you have better grammar than me? Please explain to me why you think that.
Also, does suicidal thoughts make you excited? I interpreted the quotation above as that.
How can I not? Anyway, being trolled has been fun, though now I need to get back to my programming assignment. Thanks for the fun, Toxiic!

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 11:26:24 PM »
How can I not? Anyway, being trolled has been fun, though now I need to get back to my programming assignment. Thanks for the fun, Toxiic!
<3. Yea i gotta go back to doing Statics with 3D particle equilibrium and moments. I got a programming class next semester(winter term) I heard its fun :/.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 05:30:23 AM »
<3. Yea i gotta go back to doing Statics with 3D particle equilibrium and moments. I got a programming class next semester(winter term) I heard its fun :/.
I can safely say I have never studied that before! I assume you're majoring in something along the lines of engineering? I'm currently in the second semester of my Computer Science degree and have never been happier learning. So far, I've learnt a lot of Java, a lot of C++, some C and some C#. I've also learned some prolog, sql, php/html, etc.. It's a tonne of fun as soon as you get a grasp of the basics.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 09:33:28 AM »
I can safely say I have never studied that before! I assume you're majoring in something along the lines of engineering? I'm currently in the second semester of my Computer Science degree and have never been happier learning. So far, I've learnt a lot of Java, a lot of C++, some C and some C#. I've also learned some prolog, sql, php/html, etc.. It's a tonne of fun as soon as you get a grasp of the basics.
Its first year engineering. The course is based of R.C Hibbler's 13th edition statics and dynamics. What's funny is R.C Hibbler's books are ancient, like my dad had R.C Hibbler; most likely a different version though. As for programming, engineering students ever required to learn c++; but now(like 2 years ago) they changed it. We still do programming, but its on MATHLab(some institutes do Octave); an easier version of c++. My friends also told me that, who are in second year, if you grasp it, its fun; but time consuming(8 hours per assignment). Which kinda sucks, since students have a 6 course load.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 05:19:56 PM by Toxiic »