Poll

what should i work on?

Web Serverbrowser- making it more readable amd adding servertags
4 (30.8%)
DPMusic v1.3 - adding support for PCDPMod, reloading the directory content without restarting paintball, start from <time> feature.
3 (23.1%)
Improving/Fixing playertags
5 (38.5%)
Working on my bot (improving !isonline)
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: What should i work on?  (Read 4643 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
What should i work on?
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:18:33 PM »
Please help me to decide what is the most important :D.
Greetings,
hTml

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: What should i work on?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 05:52:04 AM »
Something that is not useless.

We have a server browser already, music bot is useless, your player tags idk who is using them but there is really no need, and the bot is useless to when you can look on server browser to see who is in game.

Not trying to bash you I just don't see the importance to any of the things you list. Something better to work on might be organizing a tourney, making a map people would play, something to help the in game aspect.

Fluk3

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:19:47 PM »
Something that will bring players back.... I haven't played a match in like 2 weeks.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
I think the things he's working on improves the game experience therefore it could be useful tools for retaining players.

To many people with opinions on what needs to be done but none take action. Pick up a book (or search google), learn something new,  and create what you want to see in the game.

Keep up the good work hTml, work on what you're most passionate about. What you like the most. I still voted.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 05:42:49 PM »
You should make an in game chat lobby, if it can be done.

One of the things that's made retaining players difficult is newbs have to research or be told where to contact players.  Previously, IRC was the best place.  Even IRC seems dead now.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 06:37:26 PM »
An in game chat, between all lobbies might encourage people to idle with the game open as well, which is always a good thing for numbers.

Big +1 to that idea.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 12:47:33 AM »
You should make an in game chat lobby, if it can be done.

One of the things that's made retaining players difficult is newbs have to research or be told where to contact players.  Previously, IRC was the best place.  Even IRC seems dead now.
Hmmm i thinked about it.
Yes,  its real.  The only problem is updating messages - paintball has not loop command -  waits can make paintball not work properly. It should be possible with a reload button. I'll make it run with dpmusic optionally.

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:57:07 AM »
What about new dp mod?

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 03:11:35 AM »
What about new dp mod?
I will make a pb mod looking like a standard pb installation but it will have some nice features like DPMusic and an IRC client
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 05:52:13 AM by hTml »

Malware

• VM-68
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 07:31:21 AM »
Why not making it a bit different. Interface has never changed, it was always the same.
Maybe something in this style...

Union

• PGP
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 09:36:34 PM »
The player tags have always been a pain for me, whenever I screw up I have to restart all over again.