Author Topic: Holiday Tourney [Completed 1-3]  (Read 31916 times)

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Mine are updated too. I'll make more tomorrow.

What what?

Clipz coming through, like a boss as always.

OverusedGORDO

• PGP
Plz u can remove Friends Never Die and add
[aT] Absurd Threat
Overused
Inler
Reptyle
mkbwe

MyeRs

• Autococker
@Clipz

Your servers are still running old physics. Hopefully this can be changed prior to the tournament as the change in physics is fairly drastic to have to do

Morphin

• VM-68
Where do we all meet ?

JeongWa

• Autococker
Where do we all meet ?

Was about to ask the same question.

And we got a problem on JMR's servers, Boyka got 150 ~ ping on them , i guess he will not be alone, Anna had the same ping on those servers. So is there any possibility if both team agree to play on another server ? OTB or artic servers  for exemple ? (including that both team are fine with it )

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Was about to ask the same question.

And we got a problem on JMR's servers, Boyka got 150 ~ ping on them , i guess he will not be alone, Anna had the same ping on those servers. So is there any possibility if both team agree to play on another server ? OTB or artic servers  for exemple ? (including that both team are fine with it )

That's fine with me.  We can all meet in #holidaytourney on the global gamers irc network.

MyeRs

• Autococker
UPDATE FOR PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T STICK AROUND:

BRACKET: http://dpholidaytourney.com/ (It's not fully updated at the time I posted it)

Everything has been completed other than the FINALS, which will occur tomorrow (Jan 4, 2015) at 12:00pm EST

The finals are: What The ____? versus Viateam

Congratulations to oXz and c2o who came 3rd and 4th respectively.

JeongWa

• Autococker
Yo, is there gonna be a fight for 3rd place ?! because.. i don't think 3rd /4th place are ranked well. And we didnt even fight eachother for the 3rd place. So untill we fight for deciding who deserv the 3rd spot , i wont accept them to be 3rd.

MyeRs

• Autococker
BATTLE FOR 3RD PLACE!!!!!

OXZ VS C2O

JeongWa

• Autococker
If on others games, there is a fight for 3rd place, its because of the randomness of the brackets. I wont accept this rank untill they fight for it.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
The bracket is updated.  http://dpholidaytourney.com

Sorry for the crappy quality, I just kept editing a screen shot of the generated bracket.  Thanks to everyone who came out.  A lot of teams didn't make it, but enough did and a few people who signed up with teams that had players missing reformed, so the signups vs. the actual bracket is a little different.  I also did random seeding, because I was lazy and didn't feel like ensuring teams everyone was betting on to win wouldn't match up until the finals.

Tomorrow we shall see the final outcome.

oNd

• Stingray
Re: Holiday Tourney - Rules and Signups [Updated 1-3] - Semi-finals complete!
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2015, 09:18:37 PM »
I think we wont be here tomorrow..
 we lost against o.O in the final of losers bracket, that makes us third
However, if my mates will be here, we can play some funmatch :)

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2015, 07:40:28 AM »
Alright oXz , if you guys think you earned that spot without fighting for it. because yeah, i though your match versus o.O in the final of losers bracket was for an attempt to the Final match (if you won) , Or an attempt to the 3rd place (if you lose). Anyways, if you guys cant play it, then i will stop to whine for this precious 3rd spot. But I am verry dissapointed because we fighted for this attempt to 3rd spot. Beside that.. That was a great tournament Gonass, i hope we could change few things for  the next tournament to make it more clear about everypart of it but overall, that was a succes. Good luck for the finalist >o.O< and .vT. , do your best for teams that has not make it to the final. May The Best Win.

JosephGoebbels

• PGP
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2015, 10:14:23 AM »
Alright oXz , if you guys think you earned that spot without fighting for it. because yeah, i though your match versus o.O in the final of losers bracket was for an attempt to the Final match (if you won) , Or an attempt to the 3rd place (if you lose). Anyways, if you guys cant play it, then i will stop to whine for this precious 3rd spot. But I am verry dissapointed because we fighted for this attempt to 3rd spot. Beside that.. That was a great tournament Gonass, i hope we could change few things for  the next tournament to make it more clear about everypart of it but overall, that was a succes. Good luck for the finalist >o.O< and .vT. , do your best for teams that has not make it to the final. May The Best Win.

jesus christ go wave a white flag or something instead of crying on forums, they got further in winning brackets and got knocked out round later in losers brackets than you, its perfectly fine and fair.

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2015, 10:47:22 AM »
jesus christ go wave a white flag or something instead of crying on forums, they got further in winning brackets and got knocked out round later in losers brackets than you, its perfectly fine and fair.

so if you get a lucky bracket, you automatically get a better place in the ranking. doesnt seem fair..

MyeRs

• Autococker
Re: Holiday Tourney - Rules and Signups [Updated 1-4] - Winners announced
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2015, 12:29:32 PM »
so if you get a lucky bracket, you automatically get a better place in the ranking. doesnt seem fair..

It's a tournament with winner takes all prize. That means the winning team is the only team that matters. If you win, it doesn't matter what side of the bracket you're in.

There is no 2nd place prize, no 3rd place prize etc...

Winner takes all tournaments don't usually have a 3rd place battle. It's a simple concept. The only reason 3rd place battles come into play is due to the standard setup of 1st/2nd/3rd - where any position below that is irrelevant. It's a waste of time to do a 3rd place match for something that doesn't matter. Want to beat them? Go match them and prove youre better, either way you don't get anything unless youre first. Should we battle for 5th 6th 7th 8th spots too?

---

Congratulations to vT for winning.

-----

Thank you to Gonass for running a tournament. Nice to see 8 teams of 3 playing, plus having servers filled up to 20 people spectating.

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: Holiday Tourney - Rules and Signups [Updated 1-4] - Winners announced
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2015, 01:08:24 PM »
Thanks for organising such a tourney gonass, was pretty cool having to try once in a while.

Anyway, thanks for a nice tourney and thanks everyone for participating for making the tourney happen. Were great games and some of them really close ones, was awesome playing as well as watching them.

So, once again, thanks to everyone and good games guys.

--picky, rockitude, prozajik

s0nizzgg

• PGP
Re: Holiday Tourney [Completed 1-3]
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
Congratz vT :)
Thank you gonass looking forward to the hopefully next tournament where we can participate but overall nice to see someone being active and organize  :)

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2015, 03:38:43 AM »
Wow congrats, is that two vt tourney wins in a row?

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »
vT > o.0 or w/e that newb clan is.