Author Topic: have a map idea/drawing..anyone wanna build it?  (Read 4150 times)

shockk

• 68 Carbine
have a map idea/drawing..anyone wanna build it?
« on: November 26, 2014, 04:09:29 AM »
I don't know how to use bsp..you can take half the credit!

my idea is a matching map, fairly small and a good size for 2s and 3s

it has a quick but risky ice speed with a snake bunker that guards it (hopefully, ppl from snake can shoot the speed, but the wall won't allow speed ppl to shoot back thru the other way, those who speed are committed) and will have 2 flags each base (5pt and 7pt flag) plus a white (2 or 3 pts)

while it has a bit of complexity to it, its meant to be a matching map that is over fairly quickly

I have some drawings done, but if anyone is looking for something to work on, i'd be glad to have anyones help. I have a fairly clear idea of what I want to build, I've written a fair amount down.

let me know! thanks

pleasedeleteme

• PGP
Re: have a map idea/drawing..anyone wanna build it?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 10:29:22 AM »
Although I haven't released any maps, I do know my way around BSP well enough I think I may be able to help. I'll have to wait until the holidays though and give it a shot.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 11:23:25 PM »
Thanks wyze!

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 12:51:26 AM »
Why does every map have to have ice and two flags?

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 07:51:31 AM »
bcuz they want speed

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 02:36:47 PM »
I'm thinking of adding the second flags on one side of the map, decently close to mid, so they can be grabbed quickly

I want it kinda like that, with a white flag on the same side, so the attention is drawn away from the other side of the map, which is the ice speed

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »
can't you decompile one of the other 200 maps that are almost identical?

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 02:10:20 PM »
technically, no I can't

pleasedeleteme

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 05:16:18 PM »
technically, no I can't
Sorry to break it to you but yea you can. Didn't realize you the map had 2 flags and a white, this seems a little ridiculous flag-wise. If you put flag near mid with a white flag mine as well just play Bruno_b6. Pretty much has the exact setup.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »

Because the game has turned into a contest of speed more-so than pure accuracy. It's just the way the game has evolved.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:29 AM »
Because the game has turned into a contest of speed more-so than pure accuracy. It's just the way the game has evolved.

you don't say this as a bad thing do you?

personally if someone asks me to 1v1, or I have the opportunity in a 2s match, I'll choose theice as my map. I enjoy maps that have the possibility to be over pretty quickly. 2 flags and a white give this opportunity but of course the map concept is much different than theice haha. I find maps like airtime in 2s can get boring pretty quickly when theres limited options and the 20 minute match can drag on. Also I've seen Bruno before and it wouldn't look like that map either. Having the same general flag set up doesn't mean the map will look identical, or even similar.

I guess I'll have to learn bsp

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 12:21:53 PM »
No, it was not meant in a bad way. It's just the direction mappers started taking their maps. Each map released was faster than the last one. I know I couldn't keep up with it. I have dyslexia of the body.. Consistency is not my strong suit.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 06:52:57 PM »
Haha fair enough
I just know maps like remenissions excite me more than maps like blitz now a days
especially with a (supposed? Idk them haha) community of quake 2 jumpers its only logical that that mobility is a huge part of the evolving
besides when everyone knows the jumps, and plays a newer map enough times, accuracy shows the same importance it always had, plus teamwork but that's a whole different subject