Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 25239 times)

Neoterra

• VM-68
Moderators
« on: December 08, 2014, 04:01:04 PM »
We need active moderators in this forum.

Many threads are full with OT.
Members should be learn to write over a pm with each other by personal problems. (me too^^)
Racism i see in many threads.
Committee Members canĀ“t tell some Members what the rules said.
This forum should be more clear than now.

aborted

• VM-68
Re: Moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 04:07:40 PM »
Yea impossible mission .. Everyone is inactive..

L3vi

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 04:12:38 PM »

Neoterra

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:17:24 PM »
not all shock

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 04:24:06 PM »
I agree that there needs to be a greater amount of moderation. Many productive threads are just thrown away, when people decide to flame and go off-topic.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:50:48 PM by JMR »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 04:44:01 PM »
I agree that there needs to be a greater amount of moderation. Many productive threads are just thrown away, when people decide to flame and go off-topic.

If jitspoe has the time, I would recommend holding some sort of application thread. I would apply.
Off topic: WOW Jordan, welcome back ^^
On topic:
+1

Neoterra

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 04:48:06 PM »
I am daily on and have no problem with a role as moderator.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »
I am daily on and have no problem with a role as moderator.
I check the forums about 4 times a day, it's boring sometimes, but... :D

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 05:00:27 PM »
Tbh, I think Cameron should be a moderator. No offence to you, JMR, but you didn't seem to handle harsh comments very well :(

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 05:20:49 PM »
Tbh, I think Cameron should be a moderator. No offence to you, JMR,

Feeling the burn.

but you didn't seem to handle harsh comments very well :(

But seriously, when speaking of handling, a ban hammer is the only correct way to handle large personal attacks. Such content does not belong here. Remember, kids do still play this game and having someone, joking or not directing personal attacks at someone can potentially cause great damage. I just chose to ignore them and move on.

There's being harsh, then there are personal attacks. There is a major difference. Moderators are supposed to enforce rules to prevent such personal attacks from happening. If they do occur, then punishment should be the course of action.

Making fun of someone's illness is completely uncalled for and goes far behond the line of "harsh."

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2014, 05:22:08 PM »
For the record, Jits has enacted forum bans for inappropriate comments before, joking or not, and JMR brings up a good point regarding personal attacks.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2014, 06:05:52 PM »
There are TON of forums out there run by SJWs that you can frequent. I don't see why we need this be one of them, it has run for a very long time without much issue. The only generation of people that seem to be offended by every little thing said here is the recent one. Just ignore the posts if they bother you.

I do see the need for an active mod, but more for the reason of keeping things on topic, not for being a l3vi/neo/jmr SJW.

L3vi

• Stingray
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 06:10:48 PM »
not for being a l3vi/neo/jmr SJW.

I didnt even submit for being a mod..

Neoterra

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2014, 06:54:21 PM »

FusSioN

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2014, 07:40:51 PM »
I can do it

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2014, 08:41:07 PM »
WAY TO GO l3vi, aborted, knoddle, and a few others.

This thread was started because of a comment from TiNi when everyone who responded caused spam rather than ignoring 1 line of a post. Thats who deserves a ban. The tournament thread is locked. If you're not in the tournament stop meddling checking the thread, you're not needed there. Post in whats relevant to you.

Claiming it's because of a comment he made you didn't like. So, instead of being mature and ignoring it, you combine for more than triple the posts in the thread that he did. Making you significantly worse to the thread. If you had a problem with the post, grow the intercourse up and report it - or PM him.

Also, no active current player should be a moderator. As Rick stated, Cameron is a good choice. Since I've played there has never been a moderator who is part of the matching scene. The moderator needs to be unbiased, and any current active player would be unable to achieve that. They also have to be someone Jitspoe completely trusts, again Clipz probably the only one fitting that, but his forum actions prove he's certainly not fit for a moderator as he has plenty of negative posts to the point people MSG'd Jitspoe complaining about the favoritism towards him.

Cameron/PvtJimmy and a few others could be good choices. DP forums doesn't need someone on everyday to moderate it, just someone who checks every 1 to 2 weeks.

Moderators shouldn't just instantly ban hammer either, that's not how you handle it efficiently. Contacting the person first with a warning, unless it's very extreme (reference chemicals racist remarks), before any bans are given, is how you moderate.

TL;DR - NOBODY CURRENTLY IN A CLAN/MATCHING IN RECENT HISTORY SHOULD BE A MODERATOR.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2014, 09:12:44 PM »
Feeling the burn.

But seriously, when speaking of handling, a ban hammer is the only correct way to handle large personal attacks. Such content does not belong here. Remember, kids do still play this game and having someone, joking or not directing personal attacks at someone can potentially cause great damage. I just chose to ignore them and move on.

There's being harsh, then there are personal attacks. There is a major difference. Moderators are supposed to enforce rules to prevent such personal attacks from happening. If they do occur, then punishment should be the course of action.

Making fun of someone's illness is completely uncalled for and goes far behond the line of "harsh."
I agree, the stuff you went through was worse than harsh comments, and I do think the ban hammer should be used in such situations but the way you reacted to it is the point I was trying to get across. You responded to the trolling/bullying, you ceased your tournament and you quit the game (?). I also assume you would still hold a few grudges against those who caused you pain/stress. I like you, and this is nothing against you, but I don't think you are the right fit for a moderator.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH MYERS.

Neoterra

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2014, 09:38:24 PM »
Claiming it's because of a comment he made you didn't like.
You are wrong. His comment was not correct with the forum rules. If in the registration stay that this is a chaos forum i would not have to register. Rules need to be monitored.

The moderator needs to be unbiased, and any current active player would be unable to achieve that.
WOW!! you really know all players?
Of course, a moderator needs to be unbiased. But i think some players can handle with it. And yes some not.^^

A ban hammer is the worst way for every little disagreement.

+1 for moderators from eu and na

+1

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 09:44:32 PM »
No, DP has 28 active users daily playing the game. You do not need an NA and EU moderator, that makes no sense. Literally I can't comprehend your logic. You're probably just uneducated in this game. This game's forum activity is super meddling slow

I don't need to know every player personally in the game to understand the basis of a human beings interactions. A player actively playing the game wont work, nor have they ever been chosen. Adding to that, Jitspoe has to trust them, which there's very few people that fall under that. Viciouz/Terrorist/Cameron are the 3 that come to mind as most capable candidates to provide efficient and proper moderating.

I am not wrong, Neoterra. The responses were just as wrong, if not more, than the original post (which is the case in most scenarios). ALL the responses broke the rules. You will never have 24/7 moderating in a game with 28 active users daily. You guys responded to his post the same day it was posted, rather than clicking report to moderator, and caused it to grow. His comment can be interpreted in a few ways, but the responses are blatant violation of the agreement. So you put yourself equally at fault for aiding in derailing of a thread.

Please don't talk like you know anything. You've just showcased you do not.

EDIT: This thread is literally completely irrelevant to the public. Nobodies opinions here matter in this topic. This thread should be locked. It was made, and Jitspoe will see it the next time he logs on. If he feels it's fit to get a moderator, he'll take who he see's fit, and it will NOT be based on applications from the community. More posts in here will just turn into some people crying, and others calling them babies. Save the time and trolling, lock the thread, wait for Jitspoe to see it.

Neoterra

• VM-68
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 10:37:44 PM »
Not all players looks in the forum and not all forum members play this game.
I think we need NA and EU moderator because the times are very different. So it could be able to react of some posts. Yeah some days nobody writes here.^^
And i see an enmity between NA and EU. (my opinion) And i try to be constructive and unbiased vs all.

This thread should be not closed. It is discussion if we need a moderator. Not all had the chance to write here and jitspoe should be throw a look on community what they want.
Sure jitspoe should be trust the moderator, but it is not easy to see it over the internet.

@ Myers:
You guys responded to his post the same day.....
Who is you?

Can be stay on the pro and contra for a moderator pls. It looks if someone stole your wife. xD You offend a group for what? And which group? Write it to me with a pm and only speak about pros and contras.