Poll

Do you want a tournament/ranking/scrimmimg system?

yes
10 (90.9%)
no
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: tournament/ranking/scrimmimg system?  (Read 1917 times)

mRokita

• Autococker
tournament/ranking/scrimmimg system?
« on: January 04, 2015, 08:03:01 PM »
I have an idea to make a page for organizing automatized tournaments etc.
The only thing you would need to sign up is a global login account (for activating your account, i mean something like "please type 1jei288 in your DPLogin account description and click "Activate account")
Features:
-live match streaming (kills, caps, grabs).
-Chat (propably web irc)
-Scrimming system
-ranking system (players, clans)
-Match log
-Renting servers ofc
-Serverbrowser (like sb.htmldp.com)
-Mobile app for android | PC app(if the system will be popular enough)

What do I need to run it?
>some good server admins who would like to run some lightweight script(open source of course) on some match servers(might be dedicated for the system)
>ppl who would like to register accounts and help me testing it

omni

• 68 Carbine
Re: tournament/ranking/scrimmimg system?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:15:26 AM »
Ofc this sounds awesome. I'd be willing to help out in any way.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 06:30:24 AM »
Sounds like a good idea but, for the Automatized tournaments, i feel like there is problems every tournaments, so without the presence of someone, there will be problems.

By a "Chat" , "Scrimming system", "Renting servers" i wanted something to somehow link directly with DP or Bono's mod. Because ppl are lazy to open external programs for paintball.
I'd say these 3 features are the most important and useful in my mind. But it will be important to link them directly with DP.
For the rest, "Live match stream", "ranking system", "match log", "Mobile app", i feel like more of them are not that useful, or a priority for the game atleast ^-^ .

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 06:47:19 AM »
Sounds like a good idea but, for the Automatized tournaments, i feel like there is problems every tournaments, so without the presence of someone, there will be problems.

By a "Chat" , "Scrimming system", "Renting servers" i wanted something to somehow link directly with DP or Bono's mod. Because ppl are lazy to open external programs for paintball.
I'd say these 3 features are the most important and useful in my mind. But it will be important to link them directly with DP.
For the rest, "Live match stream", "ranking system", "match log", "Mobile app", i feel like more of them are not that useful, or a priority for the game atleast ^-^ .
I will make some in-game app for it.
Well, tournaments can be automatized :)

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:28:32 AM »
It doesn't have to be necessarily implemented in the game, but it would have to be something really easy to use, simple and with light installation or none at all (portable app). But going for in game app is probably safer bet.

Yea, kind of true, altho ranking system would be nice. Match stream definitely not, at least not now. Anyone who wants to stream, can stream easily using OBS, easy to setup and use. And if you dont want to setup anything, just use steam implemented streaming app, which is just 1 click and you are live.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:53 AM »
It doesn't have to be necessarily implemented in the game, but it would have to be something really easy to use, simple and with light installation or none at all (portable app). But going for in game app is probably safer bet.
Yea, kind of true, altho ranking system would be nice.
All in a small, light website.
Some pc/ingame app when it will work well.
Match stream definitely not, at least not now. Anyone who wants to stream, can stream easily using OBS, easy to setup and use. And if you dont want to setup anything, just use steam implemented streaming app, which is just 1 click and you are live.
TARGET==MOBILES not PCs ;)