Author Topic: Current dopjump WR?  (Read 6121 times)

prozajik

• Autococker
Current dopjump WR?
« on: February 06, 2015, 04:18:15 AM »
I was just wondering, who is the current WR1 holder for dopjump and what time? I found shk's as the fastest one on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQsrOU5Mrbw.
But someone posted that skyline did it faster (which i am not surprised about, there are quite few saves possible). So i was wondering if skyline's (or anyone else's) improved time is recorded somewhere?

The reason i am asking is because i wanna try and beat the time probably today.

I guess i am not really interested in q2jump mod times.

So let me know, otherwise i am going with shk's time as the fastest one.
Gonna be streaming my attempts too: www.twitch.tv/prozajik

PS:Gonna be streaming today from 1PM to 3PM EST and then later tonight from like 9PM until i don't  fall asleep ^^

1 WR = World record = smallest amount of time to beat something in comparison to others (in this case, beating dopjump :p)

FusSioN

• Autococker
Re: Current dopjump WR?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:28:12 AM »
I believe that is the fastest. Skyline only did for 2 minutes, while in the video shk did it for 1:50min. I think skyline's or bete's video comes 2nd

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:47:30 AM »
Not talking about the video, on youtube this is fastest, but someone commentated in shk's video that skyline did it in 1.38. And i have seen him do the 16lvl circle jump backwards on first try while getting decent time, so i have a feeling skyline has the potential to have the best time, just wanted to know whether there was some record of him doing it.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 06:28:32 AM »
I got the record 30 seconds, no clip for the win!!

Skyline

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 08:21:56 AM »
I'd say Luum gets the credit with 1:40 if I remember correctly. My personal best is 1:43 (not 1.38 as someone stated on shk's video). There is a massive shortcut in lvl 4 no one has used in a video. I have no proof of my run though, so I guess it doesn't really count.

Anyway, a few other guys who could probably compete with shk's time are Spain, Nubcake and Lofas (although he plays q2jump now).

AND BESIDES, jumping is hell of a lot easier now in this game.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 10:48:52 AM »
I agree when I went back to q2jump I was like wtf this was never different from DP. Not to sure when it changed but do is so much easier.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 11:34:42 AM »
Yup, you fly in dp now. CJs and ramps are not even close to the same as they used to be. SC's that are doable now weren't possible with the old physics.

I'll put effort into a timing a map when there's actually a timer, until then timing a pb map is pointless.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 02:01:12 PM »
I'll put effort into a timing a map when there's actually a timer, until then timing a pb map is pointless.
You could just use external timer and use hotkey to start timer same for joining team in PB, then the time is pretty precise and fair, thats how i am doing it for dopjump atm.

And thats how pretty much all speedrunners do it and there are usually rules on when to start the timer.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:23:24 PM »
Yup, you fly in dp now. CJs and ramps are not even close to the same as they used to be. SC's that are doable now weren't possible with the old physics.

lol q2jump》DPb2 jumps. When I tried to jump in q2 I QQ'd on the easy jumps. That's how much dp jumps have degraded my quake 2 jumping ability.  Even circle jumps are different.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 07:59:24 PM »
You could just use external timer and use hotkey to start timer same for joining team in PB, then the time is pretty precise and fair, thats how i am doing it for dopjump atm.

And thats how pretty much all speedrunners do it and there are usually rules on when to start the timer.

some sort of record system in game, even if rudimentary, would be sweet

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 12:37:33 PM »
some sort of record system in game, even if rudimentary, would be sweet
exactly. Have the same time system that q2 has.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 01:50:43 PM »
This isn't jump mod though it would be a waste to implement an in game timer.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 01:57:31 PM »
We don't need the same system. Start a timer when you join a team, end it when you grab the flag. A total of 10 minutes of work.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »
That ten mins could be used for something far mor important jitspoe has stated many time this is not jump mod. Ten mins of coding for something in dp2 is more beneficial for the game.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 03:32:39 PM »
That ten mins could be used for something far mor important jitspoe has stated many time this is not jump mod. Ten mins of coding for something in dp2 is more beneficial for the game.

10 years ago it may have been stupid. DP and Q2 jump weren't one and the same. But now? Do you see the maps? You HAVE to be a competent/good jumper. Almost EVERY player in DP who plays competitively uses jump servers more than public servers. Why? Because when there's no matches, a jump server is more entertaining.

Jumping is what keeps people around DP.

What is DP? A shooting game? So why do the physics allow jumping? Because its fast paced. Where do you practice jumping? A jump server. It's logical to have jump servers in DP because jumping is such a crucial skill in the game. Since it's established to be a crucial aspect of the game, why not allow for that aspect to have some competition? This doesn't make DP a jump mod, it adds an element to DP to work and improve upon a necessary skill. By having timers on jump maps, people can view how they improve to continually get better at such a crucial thing, jumping.

Adding this doesn't make DP a jump mod.

DP isn't a soccer mod either, yet Jitspoe has a pong mode. More people jump than play soccer, yet I see soccer servers. We should forbid those! But no, Jitspoe has even made a pong map before. That took time, for something that DP is not.

DP is a fun game that works with multiple modes, and jumping is a crucial one to get good at the game.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2015, 04:37:27 PM »
making a timer for a jump server would not even take jitspoe 10 mins to make (well it could). But not more than that

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2015, 07:33:59 PM »
Just to point out - Jitspoe doesn't have to do anything - he has to UNDO something.

Ic3y had a Q2jump in DP. And apparently it went down because it started getting no traffic due to it no longer being shown on the DP server browser. If jitspoe undoes that change, than people can make jump servers that have timings/scores. It was a very popular server.

Simple fix. Draws in a few more players and traffic into DP. Will those players pub and match? Who knows. Maybe occasionally. Take what you can get.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2015, 07:47:37 PM »
Just to point out - Jitspoe doesn't have to do anything - he has to UNDO something.

Ic3y had a Q2jump in DP. And apparently it went down because it started getting no traffic due to it no longer being shown on the DP server browser. If jitspoe undoes that change, than people can make jump servers that have timings/scores. It was a very popular server.

Simple fix. Draws in a few more players and traffic into DP. Will those players pub and match? Who knows. Maybe occasionally. Take what you can get.

Yup, I would be willing to host as well, just need the unblock on server list. A lot of us agreed that while its not a jump mod, a lot of people enjoy doing it. Getting more people into the server list, means they might join pubs. I don't see how it isn't helpful to the game.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2015, 07:58:09 PM »
^

There's no downside. It is a skill that is crucial to being a competitive player in the game. You need a place to practice it.

DP is not a speed game, there are speed servers. It is a means of practicing general aim/movement by being alive more frequently.

DP is not a PGP mod, but there are PGP only servers. It is a means of practicing a specific type of aim.

DP is not a soccer mod, yet theres pong/soccer servers. These don't have any benefit to the game. But it's supported.

DP requires jumping to be a talented player. Jump servers are essential in that. Why not make jump servers more competitive? DP lacks the competitive aspect. Why not give it 1 area where you can be competitive? Pubs have scores - matches have scores - teams have records - even soccer servers keep score - doesn't it make sense for jump servers to track times?

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2015, 11:35:46 PM »
I could be wrong, but I believe jitspoe blocked q2 servers because he did not want banned players playing. i.e in my past 4 years of ban, I would go on q2 servers on dpb2 and play the jump servers. But they got taken down. Sad day. I could wrong though.