Author Topic: Current dopjump WR?  (Read 6115 times)

Ace

• Autococker
Re: Current dopjump WR?
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 12:55:41 AM »
Let's kill a section of the game to keep out 4 people!

Well it is his choice, but it seems a shame to block out a really essential part of the game.

Side note, I have full access the updated q2 jump source (german server code), so if he okays it, I could run it for people.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 03:23:23 AM »
But they got taken down. Sad day. I could wrong though.
I think jitspoe filters the serverlist. You can see all servers running with Build 37 - 40. And the q2jump has a serverbuild sth like 20k.

Side note, I have full access the updated q2 jump source (german server code), so if he okays it, I could run it for people.

Version 1.08 > ?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 03:37:26 AM »
The version on german we use is 1.07 with a few tiny tweaks. It's extremely stable and can run for months without needing to fix stuff. I think 1.08 was never really "official" and broke a lot of excrement.

I'd be more than happy to let people use it if the servers are allowed back on the main list.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 04:23:43 AM »
The version on german we use is 1.07 with a few tiny tweaks. It's extremely stable and can run for months without needing to fix stuff. I think 1.08 was never really "official" and broke a lot of excrement.

I'd be more than happy to let people use it if the servers are allowed back on the main list.
Is there any way to get the "newer" version? not compiled / compiled, idc. I think I have an old version.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 11:07:04 AM »
DP2 as well as tons of other games were not meant to be 'speedrunned', that's why most people who want to run it setup rules and they speedrun it according to them. For example, did you know that there are tons of minecraft speedrunners? There is a rule: "As soon as you see trees, you have to hit menu and pause the game, then as soon as you unpause it, you start your timer and thats how you can get WR, if you get good time ofc.

In PB it would be even easier, as soon as you join team, you start timer.

Implementing ingame timer isn't crucial in order to get some competitiveness in jump maps, all you need is a few people eager enough to set these rules and to make it official and do some example runs.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2015, 07:08:19 PM »
Is there any way to get the "newer" version? not compiled / compiled, idc. I think I have an old version.

The only way to get the updated source nowadays is if you are a server admin. I'd be happy to send the .german server code over, just pm me an email address to send it to and we can talk about it a bit.

DP2 as well as tons of other games were not meant to be 'speedrunned', that's why most people who want to run it setup rules and they speedrun it according to them. For example, did you know that there are tons of minecraft speedrunners? There is a rule: "As soon as you see trees, you have to hit menu and pause the game, then as soon as you unpause it, you start your timer and thats how you can get WR, if you get good time ofc.

In PB it would be even easier, as soon as you join team, you start timer.

Implementing ingame timer isn't crucial in order to get some competitiveness in jump maps, all you need is a few people eager enough to set these rules and to make it official and do some example runs.

The biggest flaw with this system is that in most competitive jump maps, the difference between 1st, 2nd, 3rd can be as little as .001 seconds. Manually pressing a button just doesn't work for this. Saying you finished in "24 seconds" would be places 1-50 on a lot of maps.