Author Topic: At least we don't handle bans like this...  (Read 5086 times)

Toxiic

• Autococker
Re: At least we don't handle bans like this...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:59:30 PM »
Pshh make a new acc and your fine buddy. If Smite has the same concept as LoL; gameplay wise, then it is easy to say that he can make a new account and go to the position that he was in no time. Also its his fault for ingecting a wallhack to see if someone was hacking. He should of atleast emailed Smite and told them he was going to do this, so Smite people would at least have some information about it.

EDIT: OH excrement LOL!!!! Just realized that YOU GOT BANNED LMAOOOOOOO. Welcome to the club 8) pal. Is that your first ban in a game?

EDIT x2: Oh you were viewing an other game and got banned. lel logic Thats why LoL>Smite

EDIT x3: Is that ban for ever? Is it on IP, Hardware, or account? or all three?

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 12:21:10 AM »
Feels bad. Had a ban in another game for 3rd party software. Like your situation, the 3rd party stuff wasn't even being used, or capable of being used for the game. The real gut kick is getting the scripted responses about something they clearly haven't looked into. My situation ended up with me calling my uncle (lawyer), and having him ring them up. Got my account back within an hour once they actually looked at the offense.

Basically the deal is that you are not worth their time unless you pose a threat to them.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 03:00:12 AM »
http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/125

"IF YOU USE AN UNAUTHORIZED PROGRAM OF THE ABOVE TYPE WHILE A HI-REZ GAME IS RUNNING, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL RECEIVE AN IMMEDIATE AND PERMANENT BAN."

I was reviewing a Paintball2 demo with a wallhack.  Didn't even play a Smite match -- just logged in for the daily reward.  I guess I must have left the cheat open when I did this.  I didn't think I did, but that's the only explanation I can think of.

omni

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 05:58:42 AM »
Oh yeah loads of cases of this. You're supposed to turn off their process running in the background or risk something like this. Its such a stupid system they have and its not the first time this has happened, rather annoying. Like I say their process in the background is constantly checking for cheats so that's probably where it got picked up from. But they leave that part out.

Not what it says here ("http://hi-rez.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/125") but I was almost certain, maybe not. Either way it still sucks, maybe their program detects cheats from Tribes too, and that's what its picked up.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:12:56 AM »
In my opinion, they should use a similar system to dp2 where if any files are detected as modified, it warns the user not to continue.

So with smite, they could detect if any "UNAUTHORIZED" program on your own machine running, they alert you that you're posing yourself at risk, not to go further.

Or at best, at least issue a warning, not a permanent ban through an automated means.

Automated bans aren't all that bad though, often used of forums most of the times to blacklist spambots. Another good use of ban automation is to ban users who are trying to hjack the requests a game makes to a server. For example, a flash game posting a variable to a database to update the score. A honypot automation ban could be used to punish those who try to modify "fake" score requests to modify their score.

This Smite circumstance is just a textbook example of how not to issue automated bans.

[Decided to go and post this in reply to your thread on reddit, too]

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 08:21:44 AM »
Sounds like the reason I got banned before. Never used it in DP... but got banned for it. I was review a.... league of legends demo... with a wallhack. Jitspoe didn't believe me. Every timestamp he has of when I used wallhacks was during a time I was wallhacking league of legends demo's... I just also happened to have DP open without any wallhacks going into DP.

PS I DONT BELIEVE JITSPOE. OUR DEVELOPER IS A CHEATER. Not impressed, Jitspoe. Not impressed at all.

EDIT: Does this mean 1 less game to distract you from your love of your life? (aka more time to work on DP???) -- If so, I support this ban!

EDIT2: Didn't people get banned from DP before for having cheat engine running in the background - but not hacking in DP, hacking in other games? Or was that just an excuse.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 08:29:25 AM »
EDIT: Does this mean 1 less game to distract you from your love of your life? (aka more time to work on DP???) -- If so, I support this ban!

Hear, hear!

EDIT2: Didn't people get banned from DP before for having cheat engine running in the background - but not hacking in DP, hacking in other games? Or was that just an excuse.

Possibly, there are 4 ban instances on the expired bans page dating back the oldest from 2009. All with the reason "Cheat engine."
http://dplogin.com/gbl/banlist.php?showexpired=1

Perhaps it was just a vague way of saying "speed hacking."

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 09:29:34 AM »
Possibly, there are 4 ban instances on the expired bans page dating back the oldest from 2009. All with the reason "Cheat engine."

Perhaps it was just a vague way of saying "speed hacking."
Those people got banned for Cheat Engine not cheat engine. Its a program, which is patched now.
He still has Skyrim :(

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 10:00:33 AM »
Those people got banned for Cheat Engine not cheat engine. Its a program, which is patched now.

???

I know what "Cheat Engine" is. I stated that the reason those players were banned was "Cheat engine" on the expired bans list.

See the list here:
CTRL+F "Reason: Cheat engine"

I'm confused on what you're trying to say.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 10:10:00 AM »
???

I know what "Cheat Engine" is. I stated that the reason those players were banned was "Cheat engine" on the expired bans list.

See the list here:
CTRL+F "Reason: Cheat engine"

I'm confused on what you're trying to say.
Oh I see what your saying.  I thought you ment cheat engine; not Cheat Engine. With Cheat Engine people use to be able to modify the game by giving themselfs unlimited bullets and etc. Also speed hack with it. Rather than saying that,  Jitspoe ban system banned players using Cheat Engine.  Its like getting banned for ZHK multi hack or Penix. He also did that deliberately because he wanted to let other players to know that " Use this and you'll get banned" since at those times the ban system was new and people didn't have faith in it/doubted it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 09:27:29 PM »

Heh... I suppose it's not all bad.  One less distraction... one of many...

I'd like to think I never banned anybody just for running a cheat that was not actually modifying the game.  I'm pretty sure the cheat engine bans were speed hackers, which were proven with demos.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2015, 01:38:29 AM »
I like how that linky404 guy shuts up once I asked that question. .....

Rockyar_96

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2015, 09:57:22 AM »
linky404

it's more like: "This guy has a nuclear weapon in my country, before he uses it, we're gonna arrest him"

jitspoe

You mean, "That guy has nuclear technology that won't actually reach our country, and he hasn't attempted to, but, just to be safe, we'll wipe his country off the face of the planet."
I love that part

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2015, 07:22:47 PM »
My last post didn't go anywhere, but this post managed to get a little more attention...

http://www.reddit.com/r/Smite/comments/2xsuxd/is_this_policy_too_heavy_handed/

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
darn, hopefully some people higher up take notice. Their policy of scanning your computer is why I quit that game.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 10:39:57 AM »
So I think im going to talk to my dad about this... Ill get him to ask to ask his lawyer if he can sue smite. Ill update my post depending on what he says.

Depending on the money; he might or might not do it. Since its a lengthy process.

joonas

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2015, 07:54:05 PM »
urgh, what an awful deja vu