Author Topic: pgpstarbox  (Read 3772 times)

helixx

• PGP
pgpstarbox
« on: March 01, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »
Hey together,
i started to learn first steps with the BSP Editor.

Was a big help to me, that there is that nice german tutorial. thx Chef

So i like to present u my first results.

Pgpstarbox is a "small" oh wonder, Pgp-Map. 
Its CTF mode but both flags are mid and u will find the cappoint in the opponents base.

There is ice on the roof makes its possible to be fast enough over mid or the opponents base to occupy them, after using the teleporter under that arrow u will find in one corner.

Maybe u like it.

So i make a lot of mistakes thats why it becomes to more versions (b9) as i thought so far.Try to better that.

Regards.

...still loving DP2.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
Re: pgpstarbox
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 05:56:22 PM »
Did you want each team flag at mid for a reason? Is there a reason not to just use a white flag instead?

And as someone becoming familiar with bsp editor too, its a lot of fun isn't it?

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
Did you want each team flag at mid for a reason? Is there a reason not to just use a white flag instead?!

I thought its just a funny variation for a gameplay, to have mid always traffic like that way.
So was just the idea. The different i see is you have points here for a "grabkill" in opposite to 1Flag mode.
And as someone becoming familiar with bsp editor too, its a lot of fun isn't it?!
I love it :) last weeks i spend more time with the Editor then for playing, i feel a little shame not to start earlier. Its also a nice way  to give something back and a great feeling to see things working ingame or even not. Its great. THX for all your work before folks

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 06:31:18 PM »
I agree it's definitely a good way to make your mark for the game.

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »
I agree it's definitely a good way to make your mark for the game.

I have to to confess that Oberhippie brought me that idea, with that mid flags.
That idea comes then to a finger exercise for learning.
Also i see to play it 1s comes quickly to a speed battle, that may not everybody prefers.

But hey :) its Part1.

shockk

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 06:55:56 PM »
If you want it not to become a speed battle so much, and make it a bit more 2v2 oriented, an idea is to make the flag grab area a bit more of a bottleneck and isolated, and add some alternate ways around mid.

helixx

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 04:47:50 AM »
If you want it not to become a speed battle so much, and make it a bit more 2v2 oriented, an idea is to make the flag grab area a bit more of a bottleneck and isolated, and add some alternate ways around mid.

Good idea, thx for that so far. I am not sure if that map should be change or its better to make an other Version for classic CTF mode, more separate with sideways.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »
I've put it up on the beta server to play test.

Just some quick minor things I noticed:
- You need to texture the bottom of the barrels that are up on the transparent ceiling.
- The lights look a little bit... strange.  Maybe because they're textured with cinder blocks on the side, but they also just don't look very natural or something.  Perhaps take a look at some stadium lights for inspiration.  Also, the lighting on the glass looks weird.  I'm not sure what's up with that.
- Might want to do something with the  wedges of grass to make it looks more plausible.  Maybe some wood supports on the side or something?  Maybe make the ramps out of a different texture?  The grass on one side and crate on the other looked a little weird, too.