Author Topic: Flawless eSports player 'Sqz' VAC banned  (Read 9342 times)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Flawless eSports player 'Sqz' VAC banned
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:39:05 AM »
Sqz, the co-captain of Flawless eSports' CS:GO team, has been VAC banned. Maybe the team isn't so......
 Flawless ;)

prozajik

• Autococker
Re: Flawless eSports player 'Sqz' VAC banned
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 05:22:00 AM »
Yep, unfortunately he got banned after trying out bunnyhop script on a public server. Honestly wouldn't have thought its bannable offense at least like that out of blue without any warning (looking at DJ script). It didn't use to be like that tho, in CS:GO bunnyhop script was pretty common, but then steam just decided that they don't like it and started banning people for that. The site he got the bhop script from specifically said it can't get you banned, but he should have looked it up before even trying it and not trust in some most likely out-dated website / dumb poster.

Not trying to defend anyone here, he obviously should have researched what's allowed and what's not, just explaining the reason behind it and to clarify it wasn't for any sort of hacks (at least hacks in the eyes of DP community right DJ script my man? ^^)

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 05:52:36 AM »
Yep, unfortunately he got banned after trying out bunnyhop script on a public server. Honestly wouldn't have thought its bannable offense at least like that out of blue without any warning (looking at DJ script). It didn't use to be like that tho, in CS:GO bunnyhop script was pretty common, but then steam just decided that they don't like it and started banning people for that. The site he got the bhop script from specifically said it can't get you banned, but he should have looked it up before even trying it and not trust in some most likely out-dated website / dumb poster.

Not trying to defend anyone here, he obviously should have researched what's allowed and what's not, just explaining the reason behind it and to clarify it wasn't for any sort of hacks (at least hacks in the eyes of DP community right DJ script my man? ^^)

Did he use some sort of injection for the script? I doubt a macro would get you VAC'd.

Orly? I've heard that it was easier in previous CS's (Source etc), didn't think that Valve would ever allow something that 'automates' your gameplay. Also, I tried googling for a bhop script just then, the first link has "Undetectable" in the title, pretty hard to miss :P

Anyway, I just wanted to use the 'flawless' pun. Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Actually, the first whole page is a pretty dead giveaway that it would be against the rules.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 06:00:32 AM »
Did he use some sort of injection for the script? I doubt a macro would get you VAC'd.

Orly? I've heard that it was easier in previous CS's (Source etc), didn't think that Valve would ever allow something that 'automates' your gameplay. Also, I tried googling for a bhop script just then, the first link has "Undetectable" in the title, pretty hard to miss :P

Anyway, I just wanted to use the 'flawless' pun. Thanks for the reply.
Not sure about the details, never would have thought there is an 'external app' for bhop lol. I will have to have talk with him about that then, since using some kind of injector is not fine.

But from what I read even pure script can get you banned, its specifically noted in VAC ban info "Careful about downloading and using any unofficial scripts/mods".

We were kind of planning on just going with his new acc, since ban for only text script just feels dumb without any warning, but if it was some kind of injector, then that might change the situation.

Well, from what i have read it was not bannable offense, at least not VAC bannable, but they decided to change it. I did a small research after squeeze got banned. Of course I might be wrong, it were just some random steam forum posts.

I nearly missed that pun, since you wrote it so big i thought it was part of the picture lol ^^

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:51 AM »
I'm heading to bed but thanks for the info. I'll shoot you a reply tomorrow.

I was just quickly browsing through a random script that apparently used a .dll file, I didn't really look into it though so I could be completely wrong.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 06:21:12 AM »
I'm heading to bed but thanks for the info. I'll shoot you a reply tomorrow.

I was just quickly browsing through a random script that apparently used a .dll file, I didn't really look into it though so I could be completely wrong.

You were right tho, I just blindly assumed it's same as in CS:S/1.6 where you could just add some shiet to the config and voila a bhop script. Apparently that doesn't work like that in CS:GO. I wasn't able to find any sort of command based script, only autohotkey/.exe/.dll inject files, which is not ok to use imo.

I might have to resolve this with FE how to handle it, thanks for bringing this up tho, wouldn't have realized if you didn't post about it heh.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 10:07:53 AM »
Sqz seemed very motivated to represent Flawless, and we wanted our name out there to expand the brand, so we allowed it. We cannot control what people use, or how they act, but we expect a degree of maturity when representing Flawless eSports.

Regardless of the intent behind his actions, the VAC ban shows he did something against the rules, therefore I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for it being purely to try bunnyhopping - but he will no longer be a co-captain of the CS:GO EU team.

He is allowed to remain part of the Flawless eSports community, but is no longer going to get a chance to be in a position of authority.

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
lmao. Yeah it sucks, that you can get VAC banned for bhop script. I tho its legal like dj script in pball, cuz in cs:go u can modify a lot of things, radar, crosshair, a lot of aliases for items, so thats weird imo that you can get VAC banned for bhop script, because its not something like wallhack or aimbot or idk what hacks exist for this game. I used some kind of .exe file, cuz i wasnt able to sort it out where to copy commands, and what to do after so i used some program. I made new account on steam so i have to rebuy game for playing, its not problem but that VAC ban pissed me off, ... it should be 30 days ban or some warning, cuz it was just some kind of commands + aliases.

I knew i made FE team looking a little bit bad for some time, but i cant go back in time. Didnt knew that little thing can get me banned.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
lmao. Yeah it sucks, that you can get VAC banned for bhop script. I tho its legal like dj script in pball, cuz in cs:go u can modify a lot of things, radar, crosshair, a lot of aliases for items, so thats weird imo that you can get VAC banned for bhop script, because its not something like wallhack or aimbot or idk what hacks exist for this game. I used some kind of .exe file, cuz i wasnt able to sort it out where to copy commands, and what to do after so i used some program. I made new account on steam so i have to rebuy game for playing, its not problem but that VAC ban pissed me off, ... it should be 30 days ban or some warning, cuz it was just some kind of commands + aliases.

I knew i made FE team looking a little bit bad for some time, but i cant go back in time. Didnt knew that little thing can get me banned.

Wait, you did't think an .exe file that modifies your movement would be bannable? LOL

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 12:38:58 PM »
It just changed my stuff in config, autoexec etc., so i didnt had to do it manually. It wasnt opened or something like that. It is easy to bunnyhop, if u bind on mouse 3, scroll up or down for jump bind. So you can easily strafe and jump, bhoping, i just wanted to compare if its better to use script or if its the same.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:44 PM »
You were right tho, I just blindly assumed it's same as in CS:S/1.6 where you could just add some shiet to the config and voila a bhop script. Apparently that doesn't work like that in CS:GO. I wasn't able to find any sort of command based script, only autohotkey/.exe/.dll inject files, which is not ok to use imo.

I might have to resolve this with FE how to handle it, thanks for bringing this up tho, wouldn't have realized if you didn't post about it heh.
All good.

Sqz seemed very motivated to represent Flawless, and we wanted our name out there to expand the brand, so we allowed it. We cannot control what people use, or how they act, but we expect a degree of maturity when representing Flawless eSports.

Regardless of the intent behind his actions, the VAC ban shows he did something against the rules, therefore I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for it being purely to try bunnyhopping - but he will no longer be a co-captain of the CS:GO EU team.

He is allowed to remain part of the Flawless eSports community, but is no longer going to get a chance to be in a position of authority.
I doubt anyone would mind him staying as a co-captain or w/e. It's not like he had any true authority :P

It just changed my stuff in config, autoexec etc., so i didnt had to do it manually. It wasnt opened or something like that. It is easy to bunnyhop, if u bind on mouse 3, scroll up or down for jump bind. So you can easily strafe and jump, bhoping, i just wanted to compare if its better to use script or if its the same.
If it was already easy, why would you even be looking for a script?

I really don't get why everyone expects DP2's rules to be the exact same as every other game...

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 06:34:14 PM »
I already wrote that i was trying if its easier with script or no, it was just the fuking script, who should knew that fuking stupid retarded commands can get u banned. In cs:go you can modify a lot of things, who knew that just freaking commands can fuking give you VAC.

Ace

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 07:01:16 PM »
I assume the script you used was just one that spams jump while you still need to move your mouse around. Which will not get you a perm ban in 99% of cases. My guess would be that you left the .exe running while cs: go was running. Which would mean an outside program was modifying game files, which is 100% perm bannable.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 07:24:06 PM »
I doubt anyone would mind him staying as a co-captain or w/e. It's not like he had any true authority :P

If we can make the community grow as we hope, being a co-captain would give him some authority down the road. (Right now we're in the baby stages, don't even have a website, our only followers are DP friends and Clipz's mother). Just pointing out, shouldn't use a script that you don't know is 100% legal

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:31 PM »
U sure it wasn't running? Since I tried googling bunnyhop scripts and I  didn't find a single result which would suggest only config modifications.

Imo it installed some kind of mod so then you could do "bind space opgodlikebunnyhop" and it would just spam space and you wouldn't need to time it. At least that's how one guy described it in forums. There is no purely text-based script for CS:GO bunyhop afaik, it's always done through some kind of external app which allows you to spam it like that (based probably on mechanic similar to autohotkey scripts).

Bottom line, it had to be running/executing something otherwise it wouldn't work for CS:GO at least from what I've read.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 11:49:46 PM »
I already wrote that i was trying if its easier with script or no, it was just the fuking script, who should knew that fuking stupid retarded commands can get u banned. In cs:go you can modify a lot of things, who knew that just freaking commands can fuking give you VAC.
I'm not going to feel sorry for you. You ignored all the indications that you could get banned when searching for the script (See attached) and also went on to use a .exe file to modify one of your game files. Like I said, I play CS:GO, I know things can be customized but wait, I'm not banned? :(

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2015, 02:14:33 AM »
I wasnt searching it thru google, i was on few forums and i searched there, and there wasnt wrote stuff like undetected, cheats, hack. Well, I am not banned too. I can play again haha.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2015, 02:19:17 AM »
I wasnt searching it thru google, i was on few forums and i searched there, and there wasnt wrote stuff like undetected, cheats, hack. Well, I am not banned too. I can play again haha.
A VAC ban will only ban you from VAC secured servers, are you able to mm?

Squeeze

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2015, 02:40:08 AM »
I created new steam account and bought game again.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2015, 03:14:44 AM »
I created new steam account and bought game again.

Ah, the English barrier.