Author Topic: NA Teams - Are you interested?  (Read 7501 times)

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
NA Teams - Are you interested?
« on: April 09, 2015, 01:27:05 PM »
Hello,

After series 1 being such a great success, I have decided to continue to hold another series of weekly tournaments. Series 2 will last a lot longer than Series 1 and there will be prize money for first second and third at the end of the series.

There will be a prize pool. I will be putting money in myself and if you'd like to share your support, you'll have the chance to put money in too.

One sad thing though, is that NA teams are at a large disadvantage if they decide to enter my tournaments, as the servers are hosted in EU, not NA.

I would be willing to rent out NA servers. But, like the EU servers, this is coming out of my own pocket, so I will only do so if there are at least four NA teams that would be interested in participating in weekly tournaments every Saturday.

So, I would appreciate it if you could answer these questions. One post per-person, please.

- (1) NA players. Would you be interested in participating in weekly tournaments every Saturday if there were NA servers.

- (2) Where in NA would you prefer these servers to be hosted?

- (3) In your opinion, what would be the best way to determine which server a bo1 match should be played on?

- (4) How should teams be ranked, overall, in the series? Some sort of ELO system? Or just like in series 1? Or do you have another idea?

If there were enough NA teams, I would have two separate brackets, an NA bracket and an EU bracket, then do bo3 finals between both NA teams and EU with tie based on whoever has the largest lead.

Unfortunately, currently, there are hardly any NA teams that play actively, so having two separate brackets does not make any sense unless there are almost equal amount of teams between EU and NA.

Series 2 is going to be delayed. The current planned date for the first tournament of series 2 is the 18th of April (this may change), to give more time for people to prepare and spread awareness.

Thank you.

- JMR

(For full information on the upcoming tournaments, do not forget to visit http://paintball.jordanmrichards.com)

Jeremi

• PGP
Re: NA Teams - Are you interested?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 01:37:38 PM »
You should play on NA servers since we saved you during WWII

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »
This seems like it will be fun. But the problem is that no one from EU will want to play against NA on a NA server. Also NA team scene seems pretty dead from what I have heard and have witnessed. I think a poll would be a better way to see If this will work out.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 05:14:38 PM by Toxiic »

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 07:55:17 PM »
1) Probably but between work, school, social excrement, would be hard. Would probably only show up once a month. Not to mention Saturday is a terrible choice. sunday is much better.
2) Central, only thing that makes sense
3) Winner of Cm8t vs o.O best of 5 match proves the best region, and the "better" region gets server advantage. (Or just, 1 week NA gets advantage, next week EU, have it even amount of weeks in the series)
4) Win - loss. That is all. No bullexcrement mathematical thing.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
Personally I think the weaker team should get server advantage based on records when they play. Would make it more interesting for the match.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 09:27:17 PM »
Personally I think the weaker team should get server advantage based on records when they play. Would make it more interesting for the match.

How can you judge in week 1 who is stronger and weaker?

NA teams don't play EU much, and often times whoever gets tie map their server will win when it's 2 teams of near-skill level.

How do you judge a team that's coming out of inactivity to play in this vs a team that's been playing? The team that has stayed active should be better now, but once rust is off they may not be.

It's too hard to judge who is better, especially when ping comes into play.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 10:56:15 AM »
(3) eF servers, EU and NA ping there 100 from what I have seen/heard, seems fair to me

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:15:28 PM »
(3) eF servers, EU and NA ping there 100 from what I have seen/heard, seems fair to me

Uhh... I don't know who you have been looking at, but I ping 30 on EF server.

EF server to EU is probably like JMR server to NA. We ping between 95 to 140 (depending what part of NA) to JMR, just as euros do to EF.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 12:38:57 PM »
PS - Keeping it all EU will increase your participation. There are more EU teams currently, NA is very inactive. You may get 1-4 NA teams in a week if you're lucky, but in doing so you might lose a few EU teams who don't want to play on NA servers. Overall, you had success the first time around, keep it as similar to that in format. If you add prizes, you might get a few more teams regardless of server.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 03:05:55 AM »
Uhh... I don't know who you have been looking at, but I ping 30 on EF server.

EF server to EU is probably like JMR server to NA. We ping between 95 to 140 (depending what part of NA) to JMR, just as euros do to EF.
I would swear i saw NA players ping around 100 to NA, never really bothered to check from where the server is tho.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2015, 11:13:12 AM »
West coast might ping 100 to east coast. I've seen that before.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2015, 06:54:11 PM »
West coast might ping 100 to east coast. I've seen that before.

Yes, but he was saying equal ping for NA and EU.

West coast servers that eastern NA people ping 100 on, will have euros pinging 150-200.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2015, 09:50:37 PM »
i like that idea. i'll just steamroll everyone with a 20 ping.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2015, 11:36:43 PM »
I would swear i saw NA players ping around 100 to NA, never really bothered to check from where the server is tho.
That would have been me. That is because I was using VPN.

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 11:04:55 AM »
Yes, but he was saying equal ping for NA and EU.

West coast servers that eastern NA people ping 100 on, will have euros pinging 150-200.

Yes, and I said west coast pings 100 to eastern, the same euros ping to it. That's probably what proza saw.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2015, 10:35:08 AM »
...1 week NA gets advantage, next week EU, have it even amount of weeks in the series

I really do like that idea. It would work no matter how many NA teams played. If on an NA week only one NA team plays, whoever plays against them would have to play on NA servers.

I could then make the end final, one EU, one NA, then tie on whoever wins by both points. But maybe it would be best to just have the finals in the same system, all EU/all NA.

CheMiCal

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2015, 02:30:26 PM »
why the intercourse do you have to make special tourneys for each region? why can't we just default to how it used to be all the time when NA would vs a EU team, tourney or not. EU map on NA, NA map on EU, tie decided on points. you guys are making it seem so difficult to match each other.

MrPeach

• VM-68
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 02:43:31 PM »
@Chemical if you would have read anything you would know that JMR's tourneys are BO1. Instead of explaining us how EU should play vs NA, (thanks!) you could have answered questions which are in the first post.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »
why the intercourse do you have to make special tourneys for each region? why can't we just default to how it used to be all the time when NA would vs a EU team, tourney or not. EU map on NA, NA map on EU, tie decided on points. you guys are making it seem so difficult to match each other.

Special tournaments for each region? Huh?

I like to keep the tournaments to one day. The tournaments would last for too long if we did bo3 every single round.

Even with bo1 each round up until finals some have said it lasts too long for them.

JMR

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2015, 12:06:51 PM »
I am delaying series two further. Perhaps until May.

There will still be a tournament this Saturday, but it will not be a part of any main series.

Hopefully by the time we start series two there will be some NA teams interested in taking part.