Author Topic: Team >o.O<  (Read 6407 times)

shockwave

• 68 Carbine
Team >o.O<
« on: July 26, 2015, 01:55:20 PM »
Six months of inactivity...the competition is meh...current record: 7-0. Where are the good teams at?

lukip

• VM-68
Re: Team >o.O<
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 02:44:37 PM »
you know that the rooster of jeongwa/boyka/sqz from c2o or prozajik/rockitude/picky from cm8t are a challenge for you, they are just as inactive as you are.
dont act like youre by far the best team ever. of course currently you are, but the population is as you have seen by yourself, pretty low and those who are playing arent good.

not trying to discuss here (yea i know thats what a topic is for, lol) because myerz will check in and trashtalk this thread anyways, so it doesnt make sense for me.

we need someone like JMR again, otherwise i see no future, and no reason for you, c2o, cm8t and any other "good" clan to come back and start playing activly again.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 05:34:58 PM »
Where are the good teams at?
Right here.

flamer

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 06:50:08 PM »
you know that the rooster of jeongwa/boyka/sqz from c2o or prozajik/rockitude/picky from cm8t are a challenge for you, they are just as inactive as you are.
dont act like youre by far the best team ever. of course currently you are, but the population is as you have seen by yourself, pretty low and those who are playing arent good.

not trying to discuss here (yea i know thats what a topic is for, lol) because myerz will check in and trashtalk this thread anyways, so it doesnt make sense for me.

we need someone like JMR again, otherwise i see no future, and no reason for you, c2o, cm8t and any other "good" clan to come back and start playing activly again.

Give this guy some gold.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 07:35:26 PM »
People need to stop saying "We need someone like JMR again otherwise the game is dead" or "We need JMR otherwise no reason for good players to play again"

The game should not rely on JMR, or other people to step up. Because its not even their game. Something I realized a long time ago, hard work goes unnoticed. The game relies on the community to do everything, while very minimal is done for them. Feature votes get ignored, new things added? Oh right, they are things to help new people yet we rarely ever see those. We still only see the game surviving off old people coming back. Yet, the things old people have asked for.... never happens. This game relies on the community to do everything, when it should rely on the developer.

I trash talk cause I get so bored in the matches, that it's the only way to self amuse. AKA why i dont actually play anymore. It's not fun, it's hard to take serious. Playing vs EU is not fun, ping is never fun. NA teams can barely jump. So, trash talk = self amusement

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »
People need to stop saying "We need someone like JMR again otherwise the game is dead" or "We need JMR otherwise no reason for good players to play again"

The game should not rely on JMR, or other people to step up. Because its not even their game. Something I realized a long time ago, hard work goes unnoticed. The game relies on the community to do everything, while very minimal is done for them. Feature votes get ignored, new things added? Oh right, they are things to help new people yet we rarely ever see those. We still only see the game surviving off old people coming back. Yet, the things old people have asked for.... never happens. This game relies on the community to do everything, when it should rely on the developer.

I trash talk cause I get so bored in the matches, that it's the only way to self amuse. AKA why i dont actually play anymore. It's not fun, it's hard to take serious. Playing vs EU is not fun, ping is never fun. NA teams can barely jump. So, trash talk = self amusement
Preach.

noname0394829

• PGP
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 03:53:32 AM »
Yet, the things old people have asked for.... never happens. This game relies on the community to do everything, when it should rely on the developer.

lol jitspoe is updating the game for guys like you and hes only one person he cant do everything. Flaming jitspoe is really stupid !!
If the community wouldnt hack/cheat mabye Jitspoe would have more time for the game ^^(and if his anti cheat would be a bit better :DDD)
And srsly You guys flamed(czechs guys and some germans) jmr (cuz of his legs) this is just retarded !!! He was one of the guys who created tournaments and did new maps.
So shk if you wanna challenge cm8t and c2o i think you need to start a tournament ^^
Otherwise it would be nice if jitspoe get some people (active guys) in his developer crew to update the game faster.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:16 AM »
off topic: Myers, do you still stream? If yes, where can I find a link?

lukip

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 10:02:13 AM »
off topic: Myers, do you still stream? If yes, where can I find a link?
http://www.twitch.tv/MyeRs_      you can find it in the summary of his forum account

edit:

the game was pretty cool when JMR was around with his tournament stuff, not just for me, for many people (including you).
for me JMR was kind of a developer, even tho he didnt do game changing stuff in therm of featuresvotes.
if you say "The game relies on the community to do everything" i just see him doing it, the rest is just like.. oh thats wrong, dont do that etc.. (yea there are some exceptions)
its just like you said, hard work goes unnoticed, or in this case, it gets disrespected and bullied. i guess it was the right choice for him, to do it for himself and not for the community anymore.

i disagree with the part about jitspoe. in my opinion its just alot of work which also doesnt get enough respect and appreciation.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:26:44 AM by lukip »

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 02:01:30 PM »
We don't need JMR. He is a cool person tho.
We need people who can organize tournaments, implement feature votes, make mods, scripts, maps.
We also need people who play matches, they just play this game for themselves though.
We have some people who help this game to become better.
Just stop crying that we need somebody who will replace JMR and replace him with yourself.

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 08:35:51 PM »
We need people who can organize tournaments, implement feature votes, make mods, scripts, maps.
coincidence, this is exactly what you have planned.  (and i said planned, you announced alot of stuff, but exept APPS for phones, nothing has been done yet :p )

I don't think someone needs  to be blammed for the non activity of the game, exept the people that are inactive.

DP right now is like a family, everybody know eachother. Some teams are waiting for a tournament to play the game.

But instead of doing that, they should be hosting it themselves.

And a tournament would bring activity for few days, not much if it's not a serie.

A " league " , or a tournament which would be played weekly, or monthly could attract activity for more than a week.

Last tournament was a succes, teams were hypped, and there was competition. So we just need that, not particulary someone.

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 11:35:25 PM »
People say this game is dying, but fail to realize that ToXiiC lives. As long as ToXiik is alive, this game shall live. You know why? Cuz its a easy answer......................................................
..... GG EZ MONEY. GG EZ LIFE. GG EZ GAME. GG EZ NO RE. Y0L0SW@G. GET Rekt.

Now on the serious note, the problem with this game is the following:

Firstly, the sin of outdated graphics, its out of dated graphics are on par with Minecraft. That's thanks to the engine. Unless someone can make maps textures HD or 4k pictures of real life and implement into the textures or something. Idk. But what ever is limiting graphics is the issue.

Second, the sin of steep learning curve, learning curve on q2 style games are very very very steep. Unlike other games, it takes years to perfect your game.  Atleast a year to get double jumps and etc learned.

Third, sin of to many maps, this game needs a limited maps.  To many maps. To many things to learn. Adds more hardness to the game. Keep the maps simple, easy, some hard and medium maps, but completed to perfection.

Fourth,  the sin of not keeping players, this game has a hard time keeping players to play again. In the perspective of a newbie who plays this game he has no reason to stay, why? Simple, enemy team is "speed hacking" etc etc etc. Hacker. Waller.  They don't get it. Why? Because this game style and gameplay is very old and uncommon to the next gen players.

Fiveth, the sin of lack of implementations to the game/ lack of updates/ unorganized. Make a loader for dp, that updates the game automatically. People are lazy, they don't want to check a website for updates.

Sixth, the sin of no ranking system. I've wrote like a essay about it. And why its important to the game. Not going to state it again. As for the

Seventh sin of this game, the sin of no advertising, this game has a super super lacking of it. Do I even need to state why its important?

Thou shalt not commit these sins, for they shall bring fourth death to thee.

mRokita

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 01:24:44 AM »
and i said planned, you announced alot of stuff, but exept APPS for phones, nothing has been done yet :p )
Not really. I've released 4 finished apps, 1 ingame mod, have written the bot for #DP2Match, 1 library, 1 server script, ent maker.
The only thing i've announced and not finished yet is DPLeague and a PCDP-like mod.
It's not that much, I have no money for that though.

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 02:23:45 AM »
did the game really die out?

cap0ne

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 04:52:39 AM »
nevermind i had a great time at the pubs today haha

noname0394829

• PGP
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 06:41:06 AM »
People are lazy, they don't want to check a website for updates. [/b]

You could create a automatically menu updating system only by menu scripting language ^^
You could also do a dp launcher only by menu scripting language. I remember Dev.Team created this.
They also did a Ranking system^^ But they didnt published it.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 08:36:35 AM »
only thing jitspoe has done is make new bots.. doesnt even know that noone in this game gives a **** about bots.

Mission

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 09:08:02 AM »
Blame the fools who voted for it instead of a ranking system! http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10056#aggregate-vote

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2015, 10:26:27 AM »
Blame the fools who voted for it instead of a ranking system! http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10056#aggregate-vote
The reason for better bots is so that there is better tutorial. Better tutorial due to better bots will allow jitspoe to make a better Single player story line, since it was a demand according to uninstall surveys. It also links to a ranking system. Which I believe already stated in another thread.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2015, 05:23:30 PM »
JUST MY OPINON:

Delete the bans. I know everyone was spamming this on every topic and its actually not fair to all the other players who didnt hack.. but i dont believe that another feature would make all the people play again...

And this is not meant as support for all the cheaters around.. but to be honest its the only way to get the old players back to game..