Author Topic: Servers Crashing  (Read 13191 times)

Lumixan

• Stingray
Re: Servers Crashing
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 07:25:06 AM »
richard before you creating a blacklist wich is still useless, because you only need to change your name to noname or some not registered name, you first could check out the maps on your server ;)
dooci just tried to report a bug and if he would try to crash servers he wouldnt post it on the forum !!!

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 02:35:25 PM »
I swear we had no intent: The server was crashing at different times(sometimes it crashed a few moments after we put the map and others it crashed after 40 mintues of play), the map infact did have spawn points(how could we play it if it didnt have spawn points? lol), the server didnt say anything about errors when we played the map, and there we're 4 of us there(none of us knew it was map-related). Thus, we thought it was related to a lag issue. hope me or any of my friends dont get banned... as august is the last month of our summer of dp.

technyk32

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 02:39:14 PM »
I was also with sl4 and Dooci a few times, and i will say that sl4 should not be implicated in the server crashes. He wasn't telling dooci to change to that map, and also i dont think that sl4 had op. Also, as dooci said, the crashes seemed random, and there were no warnings or anything before crashing.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 02:53:45 PM »
I swear we had no intent
Official List of Servers Crashed: All arctics, supermans, and uR's. GG WP DP
You could have stopped after the first server, told the admin, noone would care. But you decided to do the same thing on 8 more servers, which obivously shows malicious intention.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 03:58:02 PM »
Are you serious? This committe cant go a week without banning someone. This game is on its last limb and im one of the only active players. I put up a valid argument and I cant help you if you dont see that.  If you wanna ban me, your gonna have to ban everyone else involved(4 other people), cause i didnt change the map each time. The only thing this commmunity wants to do is kill it more, and they wanted me and my mates out. They finally got a excrement reason. Why wouldnt they capitalize? This is my favorite game and is the only computer game ive ever played.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 04:26:05 PM »
Summary of this: I report a bug I found and i get raped. Thanks dp.

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 04:41:36 PM »
Use the edit button. Stop double/triple/quad-posting

First: You were not banned yet, there are just some that don't buy that you "accidentally" crashed 9 paintball servers.
Second: If you get bannedin the future, that would have happened regardless of this post. When the admins see that their servers are offline, they will check why and see that you crashed them. When they see that you crashed all their matchservers, they would have complained, so these posts are not the cause for you getting banned.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 01:53:05 PM by xrichardx »

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »
I'm not gonna trash talk you because I know thats what you want. i put up a valid argument and thats that

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »
richard you just trash talking he is trying to cooperate and you calling him a criminal server crasher
nobody said that he crashed all servers LOL hes only the person who reported the bug...
and dont be happy that you could ban ppl which just can change there name :P (best ban methods bro)
#blacklistftw
#blacklistsogood
#blacklistop
#richardgenius
#richardsoclever

Toxiic

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2015, 10:45:32 PM »
Moral of the story: DooCi=Mr_Kool_69=Multi-Account=Crashing Servers on purpose; Logs anyone?

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 01:40:59 AM »
Logs anyone?
[16:53:38] [OBS] dooci: are arctics still down?
[16:53:39] [OBS] dooci: lmao
[16:53:45] m4tze: youre on arctic
[16:53:47] m4tze: tard
[16:53:47] zeNit: as you can see
[16:53:49] Tiimo: no they arent
[16:53:50] dooci: oh yea
[16:53:52] dooci: lol
[16:53:52] zeNit: they are definetly down
[16:53:56] [OBS] m4tze: kek
[16:53:58] Tiimo: xD
[16:54:08] [OBS] dooci: is gxjump3 still on it?
[16:54:09] [OBS] dooci: lmao
[16:54:22] [OBS] dooci: money on tiimo
[16:54:28] [OBS] m4tze: do you wann crash it again or what
[16:54:33] [OBS] dooci: ofc i do

Nevermind, he's just a kid.

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2015, 03:17:46 AM »
nobody said that he crashed all servers LOL hes only the person who reported the bug...

i dont think he crashed all servers !! So if he did it like 1-2 times i think a ban would be unfair
Everyone is thinking he crashed all servers because he reported the bug

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2015, 03:44:00 AM »
Much drama.

Honestly, map that causes crashes shouldn't be online anyway. Using in-game command to crash the server is something totally different, since that's a bug in PB itself, this is more of your bad for having such a bad map and not testing what you upload to the server and you could have totally prevented that.

Does jitspoe tell you to upload q2 converted maps or w/e that map is? Not really, so there is no reason to ban him.

Btw, kind of reminds of this

Yes there are thousands of maps in PB, but mhm, that's a poor excuse isn't it? Unless you have tested all the maps and he magically found a super secret way how to exploit the map to crash the server, you shouldn't be burning dooci.

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2015, 04:08:23 AM »
Does jitspoe tell you to upload q2 converted maps or w/e that map is? Not really, so there is no reason to ban him.
Just Dooci, Lumixan and aborted are talking about a ban.

Superman deleted the map, I did a .ent file. So all is fine, or not ?

Lumixan

• Stingray
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2015, 04:23:35 AM »

you first could check out the maps on your server ;)

i said it would be stupid if he gets a ban :)

richard said he should get a ban ^^

Oberhippie

• PGP
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2015, 05:14:45 AM »
richard said he should get a ban ^^
He warned dooci, that he COULD banned for crashing server.

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2015, 06:41:46 AM »

Yea, posted only because some people here were jumping the gun while not realizing some of my points I posted above.

Never accused anyone of demanding the ban, merely touched on the topic of getting banned for this.

Deleting the map(or fixing .ent) is the most sensible thing to do, so yea all good for me :p
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 08:08:08 AM by prozajik »

xrichardx

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2015, 08:48:35 AM »
This is my favorite game and is the only computer game ive ever played.
As for me, i love this game even though ive started playing other games more frequently... Many kids at my school have played it and i'll always remember it

I swear we had no intent
[16:54:08] [OBS] dooci: is gxjump3 still on it?
[16:54:09] [OBS] dooci: lmao
[16:54:28] [OBS] m4tze: do you wann crash it again or what
[16:54:33] [OBS] dooci: ofc i do

I don't know. There is something strange about this. I can't get rid of the feeling that someone in here is lying all the time. But I can't really tell why I feel that way.

Oh, and I just found out that we have a very slow person at hand. I guess a possible reason is that we are below zero.
There's an edit button - just in case you want to add something ;).

@prozajik: When giving data to a program leads to a crash, you would call that a bug. When someone intentionally feeds that data to the program to make it crash, this is obviously using that bug. This thing is no less usage of a paintball bug than using an ingame command (which admins back then also could have prevented in many different ways, by the way).

Telling admins to check every map they upload is insane (or should we also reverse engineer paintball to find out about more possible malicious ingame commands?). You wouldn't also check every students name for SQL injection attacks. "Hope you've learned to sanitize your inputs" refers to an automatic way to do that. It's the same about paintball. Fixing paintball so that it does not allocate memory without ever releasing it which leads to an error because there is no more free memory is the "right" solution. Deleting the map or making an .ent file for this specific map is a temporary fix for this specific map, but not for the bug at all. There are more maps that are similar to gxjump3 and could still be exploited if you wanted to.

DooCi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2015, 09:02:15 AM »
btw ic3, its interesting that you left out the rest of that dialogue, because right after i said ofc i do... i said jk. Your obviously trying to get me banned

ic3y

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »
btw ic3, its interesting that you left out the rest of that dialogue, because right after i said ofc i do... i said jk. Your obviously trying to get me banned
Sorry that i dont use my free time to make you happy.