Author Topic: Fragmovie  (Read 2624 times)

Zenit

• VM-68
Fragmovie
« on: December 18, 2015, 07:31:56 AM »
Hey there, I was bored in the last week, so I recorded some shots and tried to make a fragmovie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovrCtUNOD8E

For a better quality please dont watch in fullscreen-mode. Idk why, but the quality sux really hard in fullscreen.
I'm open to criticism, so feel free to tell me what i could do better next time. (I've already noticed that I have to use a bigger crosshairscale for this crosshair ^^).
Hope you enjoy tho.

JeongWa

• Autococker
Re: Fragmovie
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 07:36:06 PM »
The music and the pace make it enjoyable, there is just few things that bother me,  the transition at ~ 1:00min, the fov that you are using which seems high and close to 120 (i'm used to a lower fov), your crosshair because i'm used to a bigger one, but those are only personal preferences, so nothing to worry about. And the fact that it's mostly in 2vs2 matches which means only 2 kills max peer footage.  (Even tho i know its hard to find 3s/4s Nowadays.)

Otherwise, it's well done, i enjoyed it.
I would recommand you to not listen to dooci for his point 1 and 2.
You have a good potential , i like your movements and your way of sliding on ice path.
:) Well done

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 05:30:25 AM »
Toxic (using Dooci's account obviously), i thought you wouldnt miss dp.

k, definitly not worth listenning to this crybaby points, he is looking for attention , just saying if anyone decide to start the arguments with him. Better be ignoring him until his messages are removed ;3 .

Btw Zenit, the quality in fullscreen is fine, and just because you asked to not watch it full-screened, i did watched it full-screened ;p

prozajik

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 05:46:28 AM »
I'm open to criticism, so feel free to tell me what i could do better next time....
....nobody asked what you think....

Moving on, the video quality isn't the best. I know it's hard to record PB, probably the hardest game to record I have seen so far, since it's so fast paced, but maybe try to work on that. Also the resolution youtube accepts so that you don't have black borders is 1280x720 (or any 16:9 resolution iirc), so try to render/record your video in that resolution. You could try messing around with different resolutions while recording, because the lower resolution, the easier it is to record the video (easier as in not that computer performance heavy). If you want to record the video without black borders, you gotta use 16:9 resolution ratio.

What I found is a good idea for PB video, is to cut the top and bottom so that viewers can't see the ammo or chat, but can still see eliminated at your crosshair. Just have a look at some of d1e's frag movies. Although it's just my personal preference.

Another thing, if you can, try to remove the ad for the app you made the video in, that was really distracting for me.

Otherwise, the editing was actually pretty good, not a big fan of the song, but you edited the shots to match the song rhythm which is good and makes for really good flow in a frag movie. It's still not as perfect as it could be, but you are on a good track with this ;).

Some of the shots are kind of boring, but that's to be expected since you did this in a span of one week. If you just wanna learn how to edit frag movies properly then this is the best way, because you don't want to waste good shots on a frag movie, when you have no idea how it will turn out.

TL;DR
improve: quality, resolution, editing app
otherwise, nice to see that you actually put some effort into it and not just slapped some shots after each another and clicked render.
Good job

Zenit

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 05:57:01 AM »
JeongWa & prozajik: Thanks for your feedback! Yes, I'll have to find a better resolution for recording. I tried a pretty low one to increase the fps, but that wasnt the best idea I guess.. I actually use fov 100, seems like the smaller crosshair+low resolution makes it look like 120+. The first shots are recorded in a diffrent resolution, but I can't remember which one. :( Ascra told me that I rendered it wrong, too, that's why fullscreen doesn't have the best quality. The ad for the app sadly popped up after I put the used timeline into a mp4-file. It's just a test-version, that's why this happened. :/
But I'm happy that you enjoyed tho :D
DooCi: Yes, most of the shots are taken from last month-matches. Also it's cool that you can do all these shots on a pub server.
Shock: <3

If I'm going to make another movie I'll definetly use these tips :D

kKd

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 06:25:01 AM »
I like the music and the kind of editing.
Just the shots could be a bit more spectecular :P
All in all i like it and rnjoyed watching it.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 02:01:56 PM »
God the maps in the first 30 seconds make me sick